shape
carat
color
clarity

The LIW Small Talk Thread

Thanks, ladies. My bosses were super undestanding, and basically said, "This is why you have time off. You know yourself best, so take it if you need it."

Date: 3/8/2010 12:12:02 PM
Author: princesss
Thanks, ladies. My bosses were super undestanding, and basically said, ''This is why you have time off. You know yourself best, so take it if you need it.''
That''s great of them. I hope you feel better soon!

What''s for lunch today, everyone???

I had a piece of lasagna leftover from dinner last night. It has spinach, onion, and sausage in the filling. Oh, and DH decided to add breadcrumbs to the top over the mozz cheese which was a really good idea! I don''t really like the noodles we used - next time I''ll make my own. The regular dried kind are too thick and they''re so slippery that when I try to cut into it everything slides apart and makes a mess.

What are you having, VC?

Sounds yummy, elro!

Leftover homemade pumpkin soup from last night, and *sigh* WW Smart Ones Mini Pizzas. I was lazy this morning...

Pumpkin soup sounds so good! I''ve never had it I don''t think. Do you just roast it and then cook with some stock? What spices and things go into it?

I do love butternut squash soup - DH''s boss gave me his recipe that has sage and brown butter added at the end. So good.

Date: 3/8/2010 12:43:38 PM
Author: elrohwen
Pumpkin soup sounds so good! I''ve never had it I don''t think. Do you just roast it and then cook with some stock? What spices and things go into it?

I do love butternut squash soup - DH''s boss gave me his recipe that has sage and brown butter added at the end. So good.
Pumpkin and bnut squash are relatively interchangable, so most recipes are made the same way. A made this, but it was pumpkin puree, stock, some cream, granny smith apples, onions, and I know he asked if we had Tarragon, so that was in it...beyond that, not sure.

We just got the list of chicks that our local feed store is getting in this year--woohoo! So excited about having some chickens in our backyard.

We''re getting an Ameraucana, a Speckled Sussex and a Jersey Giant.

Date: 3/8/2010 12:47:29 PM
Author: ladypirate
We just got the list of chicks that our local feed store is getting in this year--woohoo! So excited about having some chickens in our backyard.

That sounds awesome!

Will they be egg-layers? Or are you having them for another reason???

I know A and I would LOVE to have a few chickens at some point for eggs! Yummmmm.

They will be layers. I wouldn''t be opposed to raising some chickens for meat, but I wouldn''t want to hand raise them like I plan on doing with these. No names for food!

Date: 3/8/2010 12:45:55 PM
Author: vc10um

Pumpkin and bnut squash are relatively interchangable, so most recipes are made the same way. A made this, but it was pumpkin puree, stock, some cream, granny smith apples, onions, and I know he asked if we had Tarragon, so that was in it...beyond that, not sure.
That sounds really good! The butternut squash recipe I use it totally simple - just roast and puree squash, add onion, cook with some kind of stock, add salt and pepper and that''s it. Then you can fry up some sage in brown butter as a mix-in, but it tastes just as good without. Your recipe sounds really good! I bet the apples add a nice flavor.

We're getting an Ameraucana, a Speckled Sussex and a Jersey Giant.
DH's boss and his wife have a bunch of chickens and I luff them! I believe they have an Ameraucana. Is that the little goofy looking kind? I love their little goofy looking chicken who lays pale green eggs.

They did buy a bunch of meat chickens last year. They kept them in a temporary pen and really didn't spend any time with them. They also said that the meat chickens had no personality and weren't cute like their layers, so they didn't have a problem sending them off for processing (they also didn't kill them at home, which helped).

You have to post pictures of them when you get them!

eta: Looked up Ameraucanas and they're not the little goofy ones I like, but our friends do have quite a few of them.

Date: 3/8/2010 12:54:56 PM
They will be layers. I wouldn''t be opposed to raising some chickens for meat, but I wouldn''t want to hand raise them like I plan on doing with these. No names for food!
Agreed!

I am so jealous, LP!
9.gif
That''ll be awesome for you guys!

Date: 3/8/2010 12:56:07 PM

Date: 3/8/2010 12:45:55 PM

That sounds really good! The butternut squash recipe I use it totally simple - just roast and puree squash, add onion, cook with some kind of stock, add salt and pepper and that''s it. Then you can fry up some sage in brown butter as a mix-in, but it tastes just as good without. Your recipe sounds really good! I bet the apples add a nice flavor.
They do! It was quite good. A little sweet with just a little tart, which was a nice blend with the onion.

You should name it The Situation or Snooki, depending on gender.
3.gif
3.gif
3.gif

Date: 3/8/2010 1:02:03 PM
Author: sunnyd

3.gif
3.gif
3.gif
LMAO.

Though since it''s a layer, I''m going to assume it''s a Snookie and not a Situation
3.gif

Date: 3/8/2010 1:03:09 PM

Date: 3/8/2010 1:02:03 PM
Author: sunnyd

3.gif
3.gif
3.gif
LMAO.

Though since it''s a layer, I''m going to assume it''s a Snookie and not a Situation
3.gif
Oh yeah. I don''t know my chickens.
9.gif

Welcome to my underground lair.
35.gif

good morning everyone.

So....
You all were the first to know that we''re engaged. Other than all of you (and whoever is lurking out there) only one other person knows yet. (B was on the phone to a friend last night and told him)

How did you tell your parents? Can I do this over the phone before I burst or should it be in person?

I really should make sure my mom knows before I start telling everyone else.

Date: 3/8/2010 1:19:30 PM
Author: TooPatient
good morning everyone.

So....
You all were the first to know that we''re engaged. Other than all of you (and whoever is lurking out there) only one other person knows yet. (B was on the phone to a friend last night and told him)

How did you tell your parents? Can I do this over the phone before I burst or should it be in person?

I really should make sure my mom knows before I start telling everyone else.
It''s perfectly acceptable to call your mom, unless it''s a short trip to see her. If the short trip is the case, then take the day off work and drive over there!

Hi TP!

Our parents live quite a ways from us (mine are 7.5 hours, DH''s is 5 hours) so we just called them the night we got engaged and told them over the phone. Unless you''re going to see your mom today or tomorrow, I think she''d appreciate a call asap!

Well, he passed round one!

TP, my parents live on a different continent, so I''d have to text them and have them call me! Do it in person if you can, but call if you can''t.

Date: 3/8/2010 1:28:16 PM
Author: princesss
Well, he passed round one!

TP, my parents live on a different continent, so I''d have to text them and have them call me! Do it in person if you can, but call if you can''t.
YAY for M!
36.gif

Yay for M! What does he have to do next? Interviewing? Do they have a practical exam - like, how fast you can search a suitcase and put it back together again
3.gif

Credit check, background check, interview, finger prints, stuff like that. Looks like it''s going to be a looooong process.

Congratulations to M!!!

TP, I would call your mom. My parents live 1000 miles away, so I called and told them over the phone.

Congratulations again on your engagement!

Date: 3/8/2010 10:58:55 AM

Okay, so this is off my friend''s wedding website. Kinda rubbed me the wrong way. I''m not crazy, am I?

Registries
We appreciate your desire to help us as we start our life together!

We understand that registries are traditional, however to assist us with our goal of buying and furnishing a house, we would prefer that any gifts be made in monetary form. Checks should be made to XXX, or for the more tech-savvy, our PayPal account is xxx at email.com

23.gif
23.gif
23.gif
33.gif
38.gif
40.gif
23.gif
20.gif

Date: 3/8/2010 2:25:44 PM
Author: Clairitek

Okay, so this is off my friend''s wedding website. Kinda rubbed me the wrong way. I''m not crazy, am I?

Registries

We understand that registries are traditional, however to assist us with our goal of buying and furnishing a house, we would prefer that any gifts be made in monetary form. Checks should be made to XXX, or for the more tech-savvy, our PayPal account is xxx at email.com

23.gif
23.gif
23.gif
33.gif
38.gif
40.gif
23.gif
20.gif
you saw my website?!?!
9.gif
9.gif
jk

back from work! i love short days

Date: 3/8/2010 2:55:07 PM
Author: jcarlylew

Date: 3/8/2010 2:25:44 PM
Author: Clairitek

Registries

23.gif
23.gif
23.gif
33.gif
38.gif
40.gif
23.gif
20.gif
you saw my website?!?!
9.gif
9.gif
jk

back from work! i love short days
I *wish* I had short days...

And c-tek, I LOVE that series of emoties. That was pretty much my series of facial expressions when I read it.

My mom is awesome.

Discuss.

why?

GET 3 FREE HCA RESULTS JOIN THE FORUM. ASK FOR HELP