shape
carat
color
clarity

The LIW Small Talk Thread

I may have just dropped some slightly shocking info on her in the midst of a panic (over something else) and she just takes it in stride and seems not to panic. I was really worried about telling her, too. So now I just have to tackle telling my dad, which is usually easier, because he''s Mr. Logic, and I just get my points in and give him my reasoning, and he either accepts or gives me his opinion, and we discuss.

Date: 3/8/2010 3:21:04 PM
Author: vc10um

Date: 3/8/2010 3:15:37 PM
Author: Hudson_Hawk
why?
Ditto.
thirtto. awesome as in actually awesome, or awesome as in "wtf?!"

shocking info as in you''re pregnant, your bf is a sex addict or you''re moving?

Date: 3/8/2010 3:24:31 PM
Author: princesss
I may have just dropped some slightly shocking info on her in the midst of a panic (over something else) and she just takes it in stride and seems not to panic. I was really worried about telling her, too. So now I just have to tackle telling my dad, which is usually easier, because he''s Mr. Logic, and I just get my points in and give him my reasoning, and he either accepts or gives me his opinion, and we discuss.
Well, I hope everything is okay! Panic is never good, but your mom DOES sound awesome.
9.gif

Date: 3/8/2010 3:26:11 PM
shocking info as in you''re pregnant, your bf is a sex addict or you''re moving?

We''d like to move this fall, out of the house they own that we''re taking care of and into our own place.

Ooooh well out of all of those I''m glad it was that one!

What does this mean for the lil bro?

Date: 3/8/2010 3:32:00 PM
Author: princesss

Date: 3/8/2010 3:26:11 PM

We''d like to move this fall, out of the house they own that we''re taking care of and into our own place.
Wow...good call with the choices, wife!
9.gif

Date: 3/8/2010 3:32:38 PM
Ooooh well out of all of those I''m glad it was that one!

What does this mean for the lil bro?

LOL, me too!

For his college breaks/weekends away, we can always stay here with him and fuss over him, or let him have time to himself.

Plus I can''t handle these gas bills for another winter!

It snowed today! Winter came and left after 10 minutes.

Date: 3/8/2010 4:16:17 PM
Author: sunnyd
Sunny - J called and said it was snowing in Bothell and I laughed because it''s been sunny w/o a cloud in the sky all day here in Mville. Crazy PNW weather!

Date: 3/8/2010 4:17:31 PM
Author: winelover23

Sunny - J called and said it was snowing in Bothell and I laughed because it''s been sunny w/o a cloud in the sky all day here in Mville. Crazy PNW weather!
We finally got our grass back last week, lol. There''s still some leftover snow around, though, even though the last couple days have been upper 50s to 60!

Date: 3/8/2010 4:17:31 PM

So weird. The sun is coming out now here too.
10.gif

My door is open and it feels glorious.

Off to dance class! Have a great evening, everyone!
35.gif

It snowed?

Where??!?

I sit with my back to the window... did I miss it?

Date: 3/8/2010 5:01:03 PM
Author: TooPatient

It snowed?

Where??!?

Not sure if it snowed where you are TP, it was snowing in a few greater puget sound areas earlier today.

Date: 3/8/2010 5:14:47 PM

Date: 3/8/2010 5:01:03 PM
Author: TooPatient

It snowed?

Where??!?

Not sure if it snowed where you are TP, it was snowing in a few greater puget sound areas earlier today.
About 2 blocks from Overlake Hospital.

I think we missed it.

Hello ladies,

I''m just dropping in to say hi (I''ve been a bit busy lately) and to show off a bit....
So yesterday I decided to teach myself how to make sugar roses out of royal/fondant icing. I botched two of them before I got it right. Please excuse the cracked icing on the big cake, I ran out of time before I really had to start on dinner and I guess the cake was still a little too warm when I iced it.

The cupcakes are vegan chocolate fudge and the big cake is banana. I will be taking them to the mad hatters tea party tomorrow because I am a show off and also I don''t want to eat them and get fat.

pinkrosescake.jpg

Future Girl...those roses look great! And the cupcakes and cake sound delicious!!! Hope you have a wonderful Tuesday!

Date: 3/8/2010 6:36:07 PM
Author: 4ever
Hello ladies,

I''m just dropping in to say hi (I''ve been a bit busy lately) and to show off a bit....
So yesterday I decided to teach myself how to make sugar roses out of royal/fondant icing. I botched two of them before I got it right. Please excuse the cracked icing on the big cake, I ran out of time before I really had to start on dinner and I guess the cake was still a little too warm when I iced it.

The cupcakes are vegan chocolate fudge and the big cake is banana. I will be taking them to the mad hatters tea party tomorrow because I am a show off and also I don''t want to eat them and get fat.

MMmmmmm. Beautiful & delicious looking.

Your roses look nice.

The roses look awesome!

TP--did you tell your mom??? I bet she''s going to be so excited.

Good morning ladies. It might be winter in the PNW, but here in the NE it''s finally SPRING!!!! Yesterday the temps got up into the 60s and I''ve got fingers crossed that they will again today.

Good morning!

Its spring-ish here in MI also! Mid 50s yesterday!
36.gif

Good morning!

Yes, we too have a gorgeous morning here in NY!!!!!! No heavy coat today!

Morning everyone!

Bia, you''re right, it''s so nice here! I love this weather. It''s my absolute favorite.

Date: 3/9/2010 8:35:49 AM
Good morning ladies. It might be winter in the PNW, but here in the NE it''s finally SPRING!!!! Yesterday the temps got up into the 60s and I''ve got fingers crossed that they will again today.
I think we can safely say this is true! I have noticed myself staring at my ring in the sun a lot the last few days and I realized it was because I hadn''t had several days of sunshine in a row in a VERY long time! I
30.gif
fire so very much. Definitely a distraction while I drive to work with the sun coming through the window.

The crocuses (crocii??) have already popped up in my garden which is a very promising sign that Spring has sprung.

Morning ladies!

Yay for spring!!!!!
36.gif
36.gif

Morning ladies! Apparently it will be snowing this morning here in Portland? Weird. We got a little bit yesterday as well.

I came up with my first two chicken names yesterday! Lady Cluckerpants and Countess Henrietta. Just need one more and my trifecta will be complete!

Morning!

Staying home today to give my heart a break, so I just woke up.
9.gif

GET 3 FREE HCA RESULTS JOIN THE FORUM. ASK FOR HELP