shape
carat
color
clarity

The LIW Small Talk Thread

My little brother didn''t get in to his top choice school. Boo.

Looks like he''s coming to my city, though! It''ll be weird - we''ll be living in the same city for the first time in 6 years!

Date: 3/9/2010 12:23:24 PM
Author: elrohwen

Date: 3/9/2010 12:17:48 PM
Author: elledizzy5

Date: 3/9/2010 12:09:34 PM
No lunch for me - I think half a loaf of bread is enough until dinner
3.gif
What''d Otto get? Yummy snacks?
Otto go his usual breakfast of pellets and lettuce. Maybe he''ll get a golden raisin later if he lets me take him outside!

C-tek, that''s exciting! I can''t wait to hear what your birthday surprise is.
J blames you for my recent bunny obsession. I make him look at pictures of Otto like every night.
3.gif

Date: 3/9/2010 12:25:16 PM
Author: princesss

Looks like he''s coming to my city, though! It''ll be weird - we''ll be living in the same city for the first time in 6 years!
Are you guys close friends? That could be fun!

I want to eat an entire pizza and a whole bag of doritos.

However I will be having, celery, a banana, a protein bar and a giant jug of lemon water. MLIA.
38.gif

Date: 3/9/2010 12:27:46 PM

Ditto. That could be really fun! I would love it if DH''s sister lived in the same city as us.

Date: 3/9/2010 12:28:18 PM
Author: winelover23
I want to eat an entire pizza and a whole bag of doritos.

However I will be having, celery, a banana, a protein bar and a giant jug of lemon water. MLIA.
38.gif
Sick!
14.gif

Date: 3/9/2010 12:27:46 PM

We''re not, but I think he''s a pretty cool guy, and I''m excited that I''ll get to really "meet" him, if that makes sense. It''d be kind of fun to run into him on a night out. Plus, it''ll be easy for him to come home if he needs a weekend to really focus.

I am having sushi a la university. Not bad...not great.

although, when you''re hungry, anything is good...even celery sticks!

I just had an egg salad sandwich...pretty tasty
18.gif

I loooove egg salad. It''s so underrated.

OMG! Egg salad sounds so good right now!
18.gif

It might just be a whole bunch of drywall mudding since that is what I thought we were planning on doing tonight in the ol'' bathroom reno.

Date: 3/9/2010 12:41:11 PM
I like egg salad.

First few bites are great...but then it gets slightly nauseating. Like eating too many deviled eggs.

Date: 3/9/2010 12:41:54 PM
OMG! Egg salad sounds so good right now!
18.gif
I agree! I am still undecided about lunch. Everyone I work with brought their own. Doesn''t help that I''m hot and uncomfortable. When that happens I just don''t have an appetite.

Date: 3/9/2010 12:44:55 PM
Author: Bia

I like egg salad.

First few bites are great...but then it gets slightly nauseating. Like eating too many deviled eggs.
Hmmm, I''ve felt like that before, but I guess it just depends on where you get it. This deli by my job has perfected the egg salad...that''s all I ever get when I go there!
18.gif

I like egg salad.

That is true. Eggs do make me feel a bit sick of I have too many. I usually only eat homemade egg salad and I''ll just have one small sandwich at a time.

I don''t like deli egg salad for some reason ... It''s just not the same. Plus, I hate when they add celery! Not a fan.

What''s with the plastic shoes on Gilt today?!
33.gif

Date: 3/9/2010 12:50:11 PM

I like egg salad.

That is true. Eggs do make me feel a bit sick of I have too many. I usually only eat homemade egg salad and I''ll just have one small sandwich at a time.

I don''t like deli egg salad for some reason ... It''s just not the same. Plus, I hate when they add celery! Not a fan.
See, I love it when they put in celery! I just can''t stand too much mayo. I love mayo, but too much can make it overwhelming. I can''t believe I used to eat mayo-only sandwiches when I was younger. I was so damned twiggy then I bet my mother let me just to get some weight on me. Ahh to be young....

Date: 3/9/2010 12:51:40 PM
Author: Clairitek

I like egg salad.

See, I love it when they put in celery! I just can''t stand too much mayo. I love mayo, but too much can make it overwhelming. I can''t believe I used to eat mayo-only sandwiches when I was younger. I was so damned twiggy then I bet my mother let me just to get some weight on me. Ahh to be young....
DH is guilty of using way too much mayo. He makes tuna salad for lunch every week and it looks so soupy from the mayo. But I can''t complain since I don''t have to eat it
3.gif

Date: 3/9/2010 12:54:27 PM

I like egg salad.

DH is guilty of using way too much mayo. He makes tuna salad for lunch every week and it looks so soupy from the mayo. But I can''t complain since I don''t have to eat it
3.gif
14.gif

Date: 3/9/2010 12:40:05 PM
Author: hisdiamondgirl
I just had an egg salad sandwich...pretty tasty
18.gif
I just puked.

Elle - I have contracted your selective anorexia w/ dress shopping being in less than 3 weeks now!
32.gif

I like egg salad.

Mayo sandwiches?! lol

That''s like SIL - she grew up eating cream cheese sandwiches
14.gif
She says she still has vivid memories of her mother putting her thermos of iced tea in her lunchbox, which always resulted in a wet and squished cream cheese sandwich.

Okay, I''m about to send the contract and deposit for my venue and am freaking out.

Could you guys (especially the ones who''ve already done this!!) think of anything I may have overlooked asking that is important!

Ok, HDG, breathe!!!
32.gif
32.gif
32.gif

Date: 3/9/2010 12:32:25 PM
I am having sushi a la university. Not bad...not great.

although, when you''re hungry, anything is good...even celery sticks!
I just saw this! I had sashimi last night
18.gif
18.gif

Date: 3/9/2010 1:45:48 PM
Author: hisdiamondgirl
Okay, I''m about to send the contract and deposit for my venue and am freaking out.

Could you guys (especially the ones who''ve already done this!!) think of anything I may have overlooked asking that is important!

Ok, HDG, breathe!!!
32.gif
32.gif
32.gif
thinking caps people!

did you ask:

payment schedule?
if you need to cancel? - what ifs?

hmmm, I''m not sure what else...

I really don''t know! Can you describe a little more about your wedding: what food, alcohol, etc will be served. Are cake/flowers included in the price?

Do they have someone who will set things up? Or do you have to do that/provide someone to do that?

Payment schedule is in the contract. Minimum food/beverage consumption is in there as well.

-deposit now (non-refundable
32.gif
)
-50%, 60 days prior
-75%, 30 days prior
-100% three days prior.

The cake cutting fee is included in the wedding packages but not the cake.
Basically, nothing is included except food/open bar for 4hrs. The cocktail hour in the package is a sangria special (but I will probably pay for another hr for it to be open bar as well).

Food--I will have my guests pre-select and it will be a plated dinner. The tasting for 2 people is included in the price.

Ummm, let me think what else!!!

Date: 3/9/2010 2:05:36 PM
Do they have someone who will set things up? Or do you have to do that/provide someone to do that?
Hmmm. The k says that my coordinator will "oversee the set-up of the ceremony and reception room..."

Wonder what that means?! I guess my vendors would set up themselves no? Like my florist will set up the flowers, etc... or is that not how it works!
33.gif

GET 3 FREE HCA RESULTS JOIN THE FORUM. ASK FOR HELP