shape
carat
color
clarity

The LIW Small Talk Thread

And finally the Welsummer, another one known for it''s dark brown eggs:

Welsummer.jpg

Freaking adorable chickens.

Those are some cool looking chickens! Are you making yourself a backyard egg farm? Will you name them?

Freaking adorable chickens.

Date: 3/9/2010 6:29:01 PM
Author: 4ever
Those are some cool looking chickens! Are you making yourself a backyard egg farm? Will you name them?

Yes, they will all be layers and have names. Urban chicken keeping is big here in Portland.

I am so excited for fresh eggs. Nom nom nom!

Date: 3/9/2010 6:33:26 PM
Author: ladypirate

Date: 3/9/2010 6:29:01 PM
Author: 4ever

Yes, they will all be layers and have names. Urban chicken keeping is big here in Portland.

I am so excited for fresh eggs. Nom nom nom!
This sounds fantastic!

Princesss, I LOVE the uni! So fab!

And LP, I thought you were getting 3 hens. What''s up with the 6 breeds? But I can''t wait til you get the chickies!!! Too fun!

Yeah, we decided to get 6 because it is a lot easier to make a flock smaller than it is to add adult chickens in later. Also, if some turn out to be roosters we''ll still end up with several.

I''m super excited. We pick up our coop on Saturday afternoon!

6 chickens!! Wife you''re an urban farmer! Loves it.
36.gif

Date: 3/9/2010 6:39:57 PM
Yeah, we decided to get 6 because it is a lot easier to make a flock smaller than it is to add adult chickens in later. Also, if some turn out to be roosters we''ll still end up with several.

Ahhhh, that makes sense.

So you don''t know the chick''s sex when you get them? Interesting. How long will it take to find out?

(Will check back for answers later...for now, off to kick some butt in Vball!)

Date: 3/9/2010 6:43:25 PM
Author: vc10um

Ahhhh, that makes sense.

So you don''t know the chick''s sex when you get them? Interesting. How long will it take to find out?

I forgot yummy egg-laying chickens start off as fuzzy little chicks! CUTE!

Date: 3/9/2010 6:43:25 PM
Author: vc10um

Ahhhh, that makes sense.

They are sexed, but there''s still a chance you will end up with a rooster (some say 1 in 5 some say 1 in 10, just depends). You can tell as they start to age (hens don''t crow!).

Wife, you are welcome to come visit our chickens any time! Can you have backyard chickies in Seattle?

Is it sad that I know how to sex a chick? (at least in theory) Anybody else see that Dirty Jobs episode? One of the best ever!

LP, DH''s boss definitely has the Ameraucana - I love the green eggs! Never knew there were chickens that layed green eggs.

They''re all so pretty! How much land do you have for them? Not that you have to have a lot, of course, just curious. DH''s boss says that they''re great for trimming your grass down and fertilizing it if you let them
3.gif

Now we have to come up with 3 more names!

I never got to meet Otto's real mommy and I knew his breeder had sold her, so I was really surprised to see her on another local breeder's website. Omg, she's so cute. I had seen a picture of her before, but she was in a show bunny pose and not that cute. But in more candid photos, she looks so much like my Otto-man. Her name is Summer and I just had to share
1.gif

http://www.bellasbunnybarn.com/id18.html

summer ottos mom.jpg

Another.

summer ottos mom 2.jpg

BUN BUN!

Awwww...Otto does look just like his momma!
9.gif

elro...I have not seen the sexing chicks episode of Dirty Jobs...but we''re watching one right now, LOL! Where they cut the wall out of the car dealership.

We won our vball game! WOOT!
36.gif

Haha! Otto does take after his mommy!
36.gif

V - Congrats on winning!

Good morning everyone!

Thanks, elle!

Gmorning, all!

Did you guys hear Corey Haim OD''ed?

Sadface!

Who is Corey Haim?

And goodmorning everyone!

Date: 3/10/2010 9:45:47 AM
Author: elrohwen
Who is Corey Haim?

39.gif

80s child actor/teen heartthrob. He was in The Lost Boys and License to Drive.

Date: 3/10/2010 9:47:27 AM
Author: elledizzy5

Who is Corey Haim?

39.gif

So sad!
39.gif

Elro - Did you watch 16 & KTFU last night?

Date: 3/10/2010 9:57:40 AM
Not yet! I''m just finishing Millionaire Matchmaker and I''ll start up 16 & Stupid in just a few minutes.

Who is Corey Haim?

39.gif

This is sad. I loved him inThe Lost Boys and Dream a Little Dream...and of course, License to Drive.

Celebrities don''t have it as easy as some people think. This really sucks.

Date: 3/10/2010 10:00:29 AM

Not yet! I''m just finishing Millionaire Matchmaker and I''ll start up 16 & Stupid in just a few minutes.
OMG! Enraged!! J wanted me to turn it off because he couldnt tolerate watching the boyfriend!

Date: 3/10/2010 10:00:34 AM
Author: Bia

Who is Corey Haim?

39.gif

This is sad. I loved him inThe Lost Boys and Dream a Little Dream...and of course, License to Drive.

Celebrities don''t have it as easy as some people think. This really sucks.

Agreed. Clearly its not an easy life because so many go down this road.
39.gif

Date: 3/10/2010 10:00:29 AM

I was watching MM last night. Which episode are you on right now? The one with Jason Davis...weird.

Gmorning, B!

In other news...I am the only person that didn''t know Kathryn Bigelow (the woman who won Best Director and Best Picture for "The Hurt Locker") was James Cameron''s ex-wife????

GET 3 FREE HCA RESULTS JOIN THE FORUM. ASK FOR HELP