clarity

The LIW Small Talk Thread

Date: 3/10/2010 10:02:11 AM
Author: Bia

Date: 3/10/2010 10:00:29 AM
Author: elrohwen

Date: 3/10/2010 9:57:40 AM
Author: elledizzy5
Elro - Did you watch 16 & KTFU last night?
Not yet! I''m just finishing Millionaire Matchmaker and I''ll start up 16 & Stupid in just a few minutes.
I was watching MM last night. Which episode are you on right now? The one with Jason Davis...weird.
I just watched the new one - with the farmer and the bi-curious chick.

Which one was Jason Davis? I remember the name, but I can''t remember what he did on the episode.

Date: 3/10/2010 10:04:22 AM
Author: vc10um
Gmorning, B!

In other news...I am the only person that didn''t know Kathryn Bigelow (the woman who won Best Director and Best Picture for ''The Hurt Locker'') was James Cameron''s ex-wife????
yes

Gmorning, B!

In other news...I am the only person that didn''t know Kathryn Bigelow (the woman who won Best Director and Best Picture for ''The Hurt Locker'') was James Cameron''s ex-wife????
I didn''t watch the Oscars and I only knew this trivia because I read it the day after
3.gif

Date: 3/10/2010 10:08:47 AM

Gmorning, B!

I didn''t watch the Oscars and I only knew this trivia because I read it the day after
3.gif
Haha. My officemate mentioned it yesterday and I just feel so...out of the loop on pop culture, lol.

Then again, since dating A, I''ve moved out of my normal life and under a rock.

Date: 3/10/2010 10:08:21 AM

Gmorning, B!

yes
Ditto.
9.gif

Ok, so I thought Aubrey was more of a boy''s name, but that''s the name of the baby on 16 & KTFU. Am I just confused?
33.gif

Date: 3/10/2010 10:07:37 AM

Not yet! I''m just finishing Millionaire Matchmaker and I''ll start up 16 & Stupid in just a few minutes.
I was watching MM last night. Which episode are you on right now? The one with Jason Davis...weird.

Which one was Jason Davis? I remember the name, but I can''t remember what he did on the episode.
He''s the eccentric (that''s putting it nicely) heir to the Beverly Hills/Fox Studio fortune. He''s 25, looks like he''s high on painkillers and chubby. That was the episode with the really good-looking 50-something (as they described him) who wanted to start a family.

The farmer was the most normal person I''ve seen on that show. Although this is only the second time I''ve sat down to watch it - have to watch it when FI''s not around because he can''t stand Patti or the show.

Date: 3/10/2010 10:11:15 AM
Ok, so I thought Aubrey was more of a boy''s name, but that''s the name of the baby on 16 & KTFU. Am I just confused?
33.gif
I''ve only known one, and she was a girl.

Date: 3/10/2010 10:11:49 AM

Date: 3/10/2010 10:07:37 AM

He''s the eccentric (that''s putting it nicely) heir to the Beverly Hills/Fox Studio fortune. He''s 25, looks like he''s high on painkillers and chubby. That was the episode with the really good-looking 50-something (as they described him) who wanted to start a family.

The farmer was the most normal person I''ve seen on that show. Although this is only the second time I''ve sat down to watch it - have to watch it when FI''s not around because he can''t stand Patti or the show.
Omg, yes, I remember him now. What a freak!

DH also hates the show. But I love it! I agree that the farmer is the most normal person, though there have been a few other decent guys. There was an older gay guy this season who seemed really genuine.

Date: 3/10/2010 10:12:17 AM

Ok, so I thought Aubrey was more of a boy's name, but that's the name of the baby on 16 & KTFU. Am I just confused?
33.gif
I've only known one, and she was a girl.
Ok, maybe it's just me then. I've know girl Audreys, but only guy Aubreys.

eta: Just looked up the name and it's described as a boy's name that's also used for girls. So I guess it's unisex but originally a male name.

Date: 3/10/2010 10:15:38 AM

33.gif

Ok, maybe it''s just me then. I''ve know girl Audreys, but only guy Aubreys.

eta: Just looked up the name and it''s described as a boy''s name that''s also used for girls. So I guess it''s unisex but originally a male name.
Yeah, the only Aubrey I know was also a girl. Interesting.

Kinda like Kimberley or Stacey...

33.gif
For some reason I really dislike the name Aubrey.

Or Lesley!

I looove Audrey, but not really a fan of Aubrey.

Date: 3/10/2010 10:27:21 AM

I also love Audrey, but I really want a name like mine that can be shortened for a younger child and when they grow up can use their full name and it sounds sophisticated. Alexandra is my leading girls name right now b/c of that.

I''m not sure why all of the girls on this show think that their horrible boyfriends will change and become awesome dads. Just not gonna happen!

Date: 3/10/2010 10:29:28 AM

I also love Audrey, but I really want a name like mine that can be shortened for a younger child and when they grow up can use their full name and it sounds sophisticated. Alexandra is my leading girls name right now b/c of that.
Our last name is plenty long enough - I think I''ll stick to names with 2 syllables max. Haha.

Date: 3/10/2010 10:29:50 AM
I''m not sure why all of the girls on this show think that their horrible boyfriends will change and become awesome dads. Just not gonna happen!
Oh to be 16 and unrealisitically hopeful...

Elro - OMG I love Summer! Otto''s Mom has got serious game in the land of bunnehs!

Corey Haim died? Crack is wack folks!
38.gif

Date: 3/10/2010 10:31:51 AM

Date: 3/10/2010 10:29:50 AM
Oh to be 16 and unrealisitically hopeful...
and ''in love.''

I forget what it felt like at that age. I had a long-term boyfriend but I don''t remember being so stupid about him.

I think I'm glad I didn't date until college. Good call on my part.

I went to a small HS, so I didn't have a lot of choices, but still - HS boys were just such idiots!!

Agreed. Audrey is my #1 girl''s name. Aubrey...not so much.

I was totally an idiot about boys at 16. A big, big dummy. Thought the guy would change, thought that incompatibility could be fixed with enough "work", was totally willing to forgive whatever as long as it meant not being alone.

Actually, the guy my parents hated the most really was the best for me. He helped me put myself back together after the guy I dated when I was 16, and then I got enough confidence to really be myself. I still put up with a lot of sh*t, but no more than the average teenager.

Date: 3/9/2010 6:48:28 PM
Author: ladypirate

Date: 3/9/2010 6:43:25 PM

Date: 3/9/2010 6:39:57 PM

Yeah, we decided to get 6 because it is a lot easier to make a flock smaller than it is to add adult chickens in later. Also, if some turn out to be roosters we''ll still end up with several.

I''m super excited. We pick up our coop on Saturday afternoon!
Ahhhh, that makes sense.

So you don''t know the chick''s sex when you get them? Interesting. How long will it take to find out?

(Will check back for answers later...for now, off to kick some butt in Vball!)

They are sexed, but there''s still a chance you will end up with a rooster (some say 1 in 5 some say 1 in 10, just depends). You can tell as they start to age (hens don''t crow!).

Wife, you are welcome to come visit our chickens any time! Can you have backyard chickies in Seattle?
I''m coming, let me know when breakfast will be ready!
9.gif
I think I saw a news story about this woman with a goat downtown, so I think chickies would be okay. Hahaha.

Date: 3/9/2010 12:21:33 PM
Author: Clairitek
No idea what I''m doing for lunch. I didn''t bring anything with me so I''m considering going to get something on Main St. Just can''t decide what...

Dh is being VERY insistent that I am home by a certain time. I wonder if he has another birthday surprise planned for me. He tried to fool me on Friday that nothing was going on (after he was insistent I was home by 6, not a second later) but I saw right through him. Its hard to surprise me. I wonder what he could be up to...
I totally called my surprise yesterday!

My aunt and uncle are visiting from New Zealand right now and I had a sneaking suspicion that they would drive down to PA from RI (where my parents are) with my mother to surprise me for my birthday. When I got home they were there! I was still surprised because I didn''t think that it would actually happen!

I got a really neat pair of Kate Spade sunglasses for my birthday, a Red Sox zip up hooded sweatshirt, and some windproof work out wear (for when I ride my bike in the cold). I also got a pretty pair of aquamarine dangly earrings. DH is going to pay for my wee diamonds to be set so I can get some studs (they''ll be about 0.8 carat total weight... one stone I already owned, the other I bought from BGD).

I''m not caught up on the rest of the ST thread. I''ll be back later after a *fun* salary negotiation talk with my potential new employer.

Date: 3/10/2010 9:45:47 AM
Who is Corey Haim?

And goodmorning everyone!
The Coreys!
6.gif

Whoa, that''s crazy. I wonder who''s next...they always come in 3s!
32.gif

Date: 3/10/2010 10:58:29 AM
Date: 3/9/2010 12:21:33 PM

No idea what I''m doing for lunch. I didn''t bring anything with me so I''m considering going to get something on Main St. Just can''t decide what...

Dh is being VERY insistent that I am home by a certain time. I wonder if he has another birthday surprise planned for me. He tried to fool me on Friday that nothing was going on (after he was insistent I was home by 6, not a second later) but I saw right through him. Its hard to surprise me. I wonder what he could be up to...

I totally called my surprise yesterday!

My aunt and uncle are visiting from New Zealand right now and I had a sneaking suspicion that they would drive down to PA from RI (where my parents are) with my mother to surprise me for my birthday. When I got home they were there! I was still surprised because I didn''t think that it would actually happen!

I got a really neat pair of Kate Spade sunglasses for my birthday, a Red Sox zip up hooded sweatshirt, and some windproof work out wear (for when I ride my bike in the cold). I also got a pretty pair of aquamarine dangly earrings. DH is going to pay for my wee diamonds to be set so I can get some studs (they''ll be about 0.8 carat total weight... one stone I already owned, the other I bought from BGD).

I''m not caught up on the rest of the ST thread. I''ll be back later after a *fun* salary negotiation talk with my potential new employer.
Ctek, that sounds like an awesome birthday pseudo-surprise!!!
36.gif

Must see pictures of the earrings!!! (the aquas and the studs when they''re done!)

Best of luck on the salary negotiation!

Date: 3/8/2010 8:14:53 PM
The roses look awesome!

TP--did you tell your mom??? I bet she''s going to be so excited.
Monday evening. She was very excited and can''t wait to help plan stuff.

I told my grandparents over the phone yesterday. Mom printed out some of the ring pictures I sent her and brought the envelope to them. I talked to Grandma & Grandpa a bit and then had them take the envelope from Mom.
They are soooooo happy.

Date: 3/10/2010 11:19:32 AM
Author: TooPatient
Date: 3/8/2010 8:14:53 PM

The roses look awesome!

TP--did you tell your mom??? I bet she''s going to be so excited.

Monday evening. She was very excited and can''t wait to help plan stuff.

I told my grandparents over the phone yesterday. Mom printed out some of the ring pictures I sent her and brought the envelope to them. I talked to Grandma & Grandpa a bit and then had them take the envelope from Mom.

They are soooooo happy.
Great news, TP!
9.gif

Have you started planning yet, or are you still basking in the post-engagement excitement?

did anyone watch Biggest Loser last night? If so, who got sent home and why?

I totally spaced and forgot it was on...I guess that''s how interested I am in this season''s show.

Date: 3/10/2010 11:26:36 AM
did anyone watch Biggest Loser last night? If so, who got sent home and why?

I totally spaced and forgot it was on...I guess that''s how interested I am in this season''s show.
No...I haven''t watched in a few seasons. The last time I even partially watched a season is when Allie (Ali? Ally?) was the first Female Biggest Loser.

GET 3 FREE HCA RESULTS JOIN THE FORUM. ASK FOR HELP