carat
color
clarity

The LIW Small Talk Thread

Date: 3/9/2010 2:08:40 PM
Author: hisdiamondgirl

Date: 3/9/2010 2:05:36 PM
Author: elrohwen
Do they have someone who will set things up? Or do you have to do that/provide someone to do that?
Hmmm. The k says that my coordinator will ''oversee the set-up of the ceremony and reception room...''

Wonder what that means?! I guess my vendors would set up themselves no? Like my florist will set up the flowers, etc... or is that not how it works!
33.gif
I would assume the DJ would set themselves up, florist would set up the flowers, but it would be best if the vendor would set up all of the chairs/tables, put out your placecards, coordinate the DJ and florist arriving, etc. I would ask if they will do all of that for you or if you will need someone to coordinate.

HDG - Ya I would assume your vendors would do all their own set-up and breakdown. The only thing I thought of but may not pertain to your venue is what about damages? How much would they charge you for a broken glass etc or is all that in the contract? My venue is charging me an up front rental on wine glasses and it''s $10 per broken glass
6.gif

Date: 3/9/2010 2:12:21 PM

Do they have someone who will set things up? Or do you have to do that/provide someone to do that?
Hmmm. The k says that my coordinator will ''oversee the set-up of the ceremony and reception room...''

Wonder what that means?! I guess my vendors would set up themselves no? Like my florist will set up the flowers, etc... or is that not how it works!
33.gif
I would assume the DJ would set themselves up, florist would set up the flowers, but it would be best if the vendor would set up all of the chairs/tables, put out your placecards, coordinate the DJ and florist arriving, etc. I would ask if they will do all of that for you or if you will need someone to coordinate.
ha! Good point. I will look into this. Thx!

Date: 3/9/2010 2:14:39 PM
Author: winelover23
HDG - Ya I would assume your vendors would do all their own set-up and breakdown. The only thing I thought of but may not pertain to your venue is what about damages? How much would they charge you for a broken glass etc or is all that in the contract? My venue is charging me an up front rental on wine glasses and it''s $10 per broken glass
6.gif
Holy freakin cow wino! That''s crazy!!! If my guest broke a glass, I''d be charging them for it then!
3.gif

I don''t see anything like that in here, so I would assume it''s their risk, their liability!

Date: 3/9/2010 2:26:24 PM

33.gif
Some places will do this and some won''t - I guess that''s what day of coordinators are for! Or a responsible family member. I was lucky that my venue did all of that set up work so all I had to do was show up and I knew decorations would be up, tables would be set, and chairs would be out for the ceremony.

Date: 3/9/2010 1:15:20 PM
Author: Bia

Date: 3/9/2010 12:51:40 PM
Author: Clairitek

Date: 3/9/2010 12:50:11 PM

Date: 3/9/2010 12:44:55 PM

Date: 3/9/2010 12:41:11 PM
I loooove egg salad. It''s so underrated.
I like egg salad.

First few bites are great...but then it gets slightly nauseating. Like eating too many deviled eggs.
That is true. Eggs do make me feel a bit sick of I have too many. I usually only eat homemade egg salad and I''ll just have one small sandwich at a time.

I don''t like deli egg salad for some reason ... It''s just not the same. Plus, I hate when they add celery! Not a fan.
See, I love it when they put in celery! I just can''t stand too much mayo. I love mayo, but too much can make it overwhelming. I can''t believe I used to eat mayo-only sandwiches when I was younger. I was so damned twiggy then I bet my mother let me just to get some weight on me. Ahh to be young....
Mayo sandwiches?! lol

That''s like SIL - she grew up eating cream cheese sandwiches
14.gif
She says she still has vivid memories of her mother putting her thermos of iced tea in her lunchbox, which always resulted in a wet and squished cream cheese sandwich.
I used to eat cream cheese and jelly sandwiches all the time when I was really young... like kingergarten through second grade. I forgot how yummy that is! I don''t think I could handle all that fat from the cream cheese now though.

Date: 3/9/2010 2:27:43 PM

Date: 3/9/2010 2:14:39 PM
Author: winelover23
6.gif
Holy freakin cow wino! That''s crazy!!! If my guest broke a glass, I''d be charging them for it then!
3.gif

I don''t see anything like that in here, so I would assume it''s their risk, their liability!
I know, right? I about shat when she told me that. I mean they''re a freaking winery so they probably pay like 50 cents a glass!

Date: 3/9/2010 2:36:54 PM
Author: Clairitek

I used to eat cream cheese and jelly sandwiches all the time when I was really young... like kingergarten through second grade. I forgot how yummy that is! I don''t think I could handle all that fat from the cream cheese now though.
This sounds good! I wouldn''t have thought to eat it as a sandwich, but I''ve put cream cheese and jelly together on a bagel before, which is basically the same thing.

Date: 3/9/2010 2:29:55 PM

33.gif
Some places will do this and some won''t - I guess that''s what day of coordinators are for! Or a responsible family member. I was lucky that my venue did all of that set up work so all I had to do was show up and I knew decorations would be up, tables would be set, and chairs would be out for the ceremony.
At my venue the tables and chairs were set up by the serving staff. Since we did the ceremony in the same space, they charged us $300 to turn the room, which was pretty standard. But yeah the venue should take care of set up, and DJ and florist and cake people will set their own stuff.

I remember our contact at the venue told us up front what meetings we would have - a tasting and a long detailed meeting about the placement of everything, timelines, colors of napkins, etc. I''d ask what the procedure is once you sign the contract.

How exciting!
36.gif

I''ve done cream cheese on toast sandwiches when I run outta bagels. It''s goooood.
18.gif

My lunch today smelled like feet. I was not pleased. FYI, don''t ever get Lean Cuisine Beef Portobello.
14.gif

political-pictures-al-roker-longer-stare.jpg

I''m tired.

elle, that was hilarious.

B, get a coffee!
9.gif

Date: 3/9/2010 4:17:49 PM
Author: vc10um

B, get a coffee!
9.gif
listen you...

we can''t all have as much ''energy'' as you.

5.gif
4.gif
3.gif
28.gif

Date: 3/9/2010 4:32:33 PM

B, get a coffee!
9.gif
listen you...

5.gif
4.gif
3.gif
28.gif
Yeah, I wonder where she gets her "energy" from!
3.gif
2.gif

Date: 3/9/2010 3:41:54 PM
Author: sunnyd

Date: 3/9/2010 2:29:55 PM

33.gif
At my venue the tables and chairs were set up by the serving staff. Since we did the ceremony in the same space, they charged us $300 to turn the room, which was pretty standard. But yeah the venue should take care of set up, and DJ and florist and cake people will set their own stuff.

I remember our contact at the venue told us up front what meetings we would have - a tasting and a long detailed meeting about the placement of everything, timelines, colors of napkins, etc. I''d ask what the procedure is once you sign the contract.

How exciting!
36.gif
Ha! Thanks Sunny! This is probably the most important question...what the heck next!!!!!
36.gif

Date: 3/9/2010 4:38:15 PM

B, get a coffee!
9.gif
listen you...

5.gif
4.gif
3.gif
28.gif
Yeah, I wonder where she gets her ''energy'' from!
3.gif
2.gif
exactly...I wonderrrrrrrrr.

Date: 3/9/2010 4:43:13 PM

Date: 3/9/2010 4:38:15 PM

B, get a coffee!
9.gif
listen you...

5.gif
4.gif
3.gif
28.gif
Yeah, I wonder where she gets her ''energy'' from!
3.gif
2.gif
exactly...I wonderrrrrrrrr.
11.gif

So, I''ve got my outfits for this weekend ready to go. I''m exciiiiiiiiited.

Date: 3/9/2010 5:04:17 PM
Author: princesss
So, I''ve got my outfits for this weekend ready to go. I''m exciiiiiiiiited.
PICTURES!

You never gave us Alice pictures, either.
38.gif

Okay, to make up for the lack of Alice pictures, I will have you guys be my costume test audience.

Please understand how much I love you ladies.

Also, there is a black track jacket that goes with this outfit that I forgot to put on for the picture.

ultimate70sattire.jpg

Date: 3/9/2010 5:55:24 PM
Author: princesss
Okay, to make up for the lack of Alice pictures, I will have you guys be my costume test audience.

Woohoo!

You look adorable, Princesss!

OK, so we have to wait an extra month (
39.gif
) to get our chickens because the breeds we want don''t come in until then.

But I have pictures of the breeds we''ve chosen...

First up, the Ameraucana chicken, known for laying blue/green eggs. Green eggs and ham anyone?

Ameraucana.jpg

Next up the Barnevelder, known for laying large dark reddish-brown eggs.

Barnevelder.jpg

Date: 3/9/2010 6:21:09 PM
Author: ladypirate
You look adorable, Princesss!

OK, so we have to wait an extra month (
39.gif
) to get our chickens because the breeds we want don''t come in until then.

But I have pictures of the breeds we''ve chosen...

Thank you!

CUTE CHICKEN! And green eggs? Really? That''s so cool.

Next the black Langshan:

Black_Langshan.jpg

Next the Salmon Faverolle, which are AWESOME LOOKING. Seriously. All these birds are also known for having docile/sweet temperaments.

Salmon_Faverolle.jpg

Two more! The speckled Sussex:

Speckled_Sussex.jpg

GET 3 FREE HCA RESULTS JOIN THE FORUM. ASK FOR HELP