shape
carat
color
clarity

The LIW Small Talk Thread

Definitely tacky, especially the last part (as if people don''t know who to make the checks out to??). My mom wanted to tell people to just give us money and didn''t understand that it was tacky ... I think some people just don''t get it, even those who are normally so polite, like my mom.

Why can I never wait til noon for lunch? I already ate and it''s only 11am. Blah. But the lasagna was delicious!

I''m thinking of making bread this afternoon, but I can''t decide ... I''m afraid I''ll eat too much of it and derail whatever diet I have going on.

Date: 3/8/2010 10:58:55 AM
Author: vc10um

Okay, so this is off my friend''s wedding website. Kinda rubbed me the wrong way. I''m not crazy, am I?

Registries
We appreciate your desire to help us as we start our life together!

We understand that registries are traditional, however to assist us with our goal of buying and furnishing a house, we would prefer that any gifts be made in monetary form. Checks should be made to XXX, or for the more tech-savvy, our PayPal account is xxx at email.com

My mother would KILL me if I posted something like that!

Morning chickens!

VC - Um ya, tell your friend to look up tact in the dictionary!

I''m too tired to even consider going on w/ life unless I have way more coffee...
emtea.gif

Morning ladies!

Did anyone else not ''get'' JLo''s dress last night? It looked like a bubble wrap quilt. Or some kind of styrofoam.

Date: 3/8/2010 11:10:42 AM
Author: elledizzy5

Okay, so this is off my friend''s wedding website. Kinda rubbed me the wrong way. I''m not crazy, am I?

Registries

We understand that registries are traditional, however to assist us with our goal of buying and furnishing a house, we would prefer that any gifts be made in monetary form. Checks should be made to XXX, or for the more tech-savvy, our PayPal account is xxx at email.com

Same. I''m fairly certain she''d publicly denounce me.

Date: 3/8/2010 11:14:16 AM
Author: princesss

Date: 3/8/2010 11:10:42 AM

Registries

Same. I''m fairly certain she''d publicly denounce me.
No kidding! Yikes. And the paypal account?!?!
14.gif

Date: 3/8/2010 11:14:03 AM
Author: sunnyd
Morning ladies!

Did anyone else not ''get'' JLo''s dress last night? It looked like a bubble wrap quilt. Or some kind of styrofoam.
Agreed.

So, ladies, do you have some dust to spare? BF has a test for a potential new job (still not great, but way better than what he''s doing), and he''s in there right now taking it - literally two buildings over from me. I really want him to have a job where he can respect himself, and I think this would be a good start. So please, if you''ve got any dust to spare, can you sprinkle it over M?

Date: 3/8/2010 11:12:06 AM
Author: winelover23
Morning chickens!

I''m too tired to even consider going on w/ life unless I have way more coffee...
emtea.gif
Wino if you do not go on with life, that will set off a chain reaction of all of us not going on with our lives because we could not bear to live without you.

Get some coffee, STAT!

Date: 3/8/2010 11:16:52 AM
Author: princesss

Date: 3/8/2010 11:14:03 AM
Morning ladies!

Agreed.

So, ladies, do you have some dust to spare? BF has a test for a potential new job (still not great, but way better than what he''s doing), and he''s in there right now taking it - literally two buildings over from me. I really want him to have a job where he can respect himself, and I think this would be a good start. So please, if you''ve got any dust to spare, can you sprinkle it over M?
***DUST*** for M!!!

Good Luck to him!

Job dust for M!!!

What kind of test is he taking? One of those personality type tests? Or the "would you steal from your employer" tests?

Date: 3/8/2010 11:19:09 AM

Morning chickens!

emtea.gif
Wino if you do not go on with life, that will set off a chain reaction of all of us not going on with our lives because we could not bear to live without you.

Get some coffee, STAT!
DITTO!!!

Princesss...~~~***~~Dust!!!~~~***~~~ to your man!!!

And thank you all for confirming that it''s not just my tacky-dar going off. I''m going to hold off and not say anything cuz we''re not very close (she''s a coworker and we attended the same church for awhile) but I just needed to get some opinions.

Ok, I get it. Its 50 degrees in Michigan in March.

THAT DOES NOT CALL FOR SHORTS. There is literally still snow on the ground, people!
29.gif

Date: 3/8/2010 11:20:52 AM
Author: elrohwen
Job dust for M!!!

What kind of test is he taking? One of those personality type tests? Or the ''would you steal from your employer'' tests?
No idea. He''s trying to get a job with TSA, so I''m guessing it''s the "Who looks like a threat to you?" test. (In my head it''s like that scene from Men in Black where Will Smith shoots the cardboard cutout of a little girl.)

Date: 3/8/2010 11:22:28 AM

THAT DOES NOT CALL FOR SHORTS. There is literally still snow on the ground, people!
29.gif
Weirdos.

Date: 3/8/2010 11:19:09 AM

Morning chickens!

emtea.gif

Get some coffee, STAT!
Roger that, I''m going to drag myself to Sbucks.

Princess - *shakes out swiffer* for your man!

29.gif
DH almost wore shorts yesterday. It''s so nice out! We sat out in jeans and sweatshirts reading for a while with the bunny.

************DUST************* for M!!!

I hope he gets the job, Princesss!

Date: 3/8/2010 11:29:03 AM

29.gif
DH almost wore shorts yesterday. It''s so nice out! We sat out in jeans and sweatshirts reading for a while with the bunny.
It was 60 here yesterday! I actully wore the yoga capris outside with a long sleeve tshirt! A and I went for a 3 mile brisk walk along the river!

Date: 3/8/2010 11:32:49 AM

Date: 3/8/2010 11:29:03 AM

29.gif
It was 60 here yesterday! I actully wore the yoga capris outside with a long sleeve tshirt! A and I went for a 3 mile brisk walk along the river!
You are insane. It was 53 out yesterday, and I went out to eat with the ILs.

FIL wore a short sleeved shirt! I had on a sweater and a pea coat and I was still shivering!

39.gif

53 is not warm!!!

It was almost 60 degrees here yesterday and is supposed to be as warm today. I''m wearing wool pants and a cashmere sweater. Yea I''m backwards. I wish I had on flip flops.

Date: 3/8/2010 11:37:29 AM
53 is not warm!!!
It definitely is if the sun is out! We were at our friends'' on Saturday and I was outside in just a light long sleeved shirt, no jacket. It was so nice!

Ok. Maybe I''m just ridiculous.

I also can''t go swimming unless it is close to 90 degrees or I shiver.

I was raised swimming in the Atlantic ocean. All I know how to do is shiver, even when it''s 90 degrees out!

On the plus side: I should be able to get details right away on M''s test.

On the minus side: I''ll hear about it because my heart is screwing up and I''m taking a half day to go home and lay down.

I used to go swimming in Lake Superior when it was 70 degrees outside and probably 45 degrees in the water. I never understood why the adults wouldn''t go in with me!

Oh no Princess! Heart troubles must be so hard to deal with. I would be so scared!

7.gif
princess I''m sorry you''re not feeling well. I hope you''re able to go home and relax for a bit.

Yikes, P! Feel better, hopefully M aces his test! (Whatever it is.
9.gif
)

GET 3 FREE HCA RESULTS JOIN THE FORUM. ASK FOR HELP