shape
carat
color
clarity

The LIW Small Talk Thread

I''m bored, but busy.

So I''m eating.

Why is the only sprint tri in the time frame I''m hoping for freaking 3 and a half hours away?

Good morning ladies!

I had a dream last night that it was our wedding day and I had forgotten to get the bouquets together and none of my bridesmaids were dressed and we were already like half an hour late walking down the isle. OH NOES.

On the plus side, booked our ceremony/cocktail hour musician yesterday. He''s an awesome guitarist who does both classical and more light rock and jazz stuff. Woohoo!

Link if you want to hear some of his stuff.

Morning LP! I love guitars! I want to hear his stuff, but I can''t until I''m at home!

Princesss - I dont know why, but thats super annoying.

Date: 3/11/2010 7:55:13 AM
Author: Hudson_Hawk
Murphy will go into stealth mode if he wants to be in your lap. One minute he''ll be sitting next to you and then he''ll slowly inch his way forward, one paw at a time, until he''s sitting in your lap. Then he''ll proceed to rub himself all over you-using your body to pet himself. He also reaches up and gently touches your face while looking deeply into your eyes.
Charlie has a habit of pushing his way onto my lap no matter what. The other day I was sitting on the edge of our tub with a bottle of grout sealer in one hand and a paint brush in the other. He muscled his way onto my lap and then proceeded to lose his balance and fall on the wall I had just finished sealing, leaving his fine black kitty hairs everyone on the wet sealant.
29.gif

Princesss...that sucks about the tri. I spent forever trying to find races near me. Finally decided an hour was an okay drive race morning for a half marathon, lol.

elle...I''ll only allow the boredom snacking since B-pics are done.
2.gif

LP...I want a solo guitarist, too! I found one in KC, so now it''s a matter of booking him once we get a date!

Speaking of wedding dreams...I had the weirdest dream last night. We were shopping for tuxes. But the place we were at wasn''t like a Men''s Wearhouse. It was this tiny little shop. And instead of looking at the tuxes, we had to look at dresses and pick the dress that most embodied what we would want in the tux. And then they''d give us the matching tux and you didn''t get to see it til the wedding day.

It''s especially odd since I think we might just buy A a new suit from Banana...

Date: 3/11/2010 10:42:40 AM
Author: Clairitek

Murphy will go into stealth mode if he wants to be in your lap. One minute he''ll be sitting next to you and then he''ll slowly inch his way forward, one paw at a time, until he''s sitting in your lap. Then he''ll proceed to rub himself all over you-using your body to pet himself. He also reaches up and gently touches your face while looking deeply into your eyes.
Charlie has a habit of pushing his way onto my lap no matter what. The other day I was sitting on the edge of our tub with a bottle of grout sealer in one hand and a paint brush in the other. He muscled his way onto my lap and then proceeded to lose his balance and fall on the wall I had just finished sealing, leaving his fine black kitty hairs everyone on the wet sealant.
29.gif
Oh dear, C-tek...that''s just no good!

29.gif
Otto is not a lap pet, but my friend''s dog is a crazy lap monster. We used to dog sit a lot and Daisy would be all over my lap with her bum in my face. After a while I trained her to actually sit next to me and it was awesome! I saw her last week and she jumped right back on to my lap. Haha. Silly pup. I do love how snuggly she is though, so I can''t complain too much.

Date: 3/11/2010 10:45:01 AM
Author: vc10um
Princesss...that sucks about the tri. I spent forever trying to find races near me. Finally decided an hour was an okay drive race morning for a half marathon, lol.

elle...I''ll only allow the boredom snacking since B-pics are done.
2.gif

LP...I want a solo guitarist, too! I found one in KC, so now it''s a matter of booking him once we get a date!

Speaking of wedding dreams...I had the weirdest dream last night. We were shopping for tuxes. But the place we were at wasn''t like a Men''s Wearhouse. It was this tiny little shop. And instead of looking at the tuxes, we had to look at dresses and pick the dress that most embodied what we would want in the tux. And then they''d give us the matching tux and you didn''t get to see it til the wedding day.

It''s especially odd since I think we might just buy A a new suit from Banana...
It was high fiber oatmeal! It was my breffis!

29.gif
LOL. Bad kitty!!!

Did I mention to you that Ferris and Not-Ferris were *dying* to get in front of the camera when Melissa was shooting my b-pics?

I had to keep kicking them off the bed! Melissa let them stay up for a few shots, so they are in some of my B-pics!
3.gif

Ummm, possible faux pas alert.

I just e-mailed two of my triathlete friends to ask if there was anything I should keep in mind before deciding to sign up for this tri. Juuuuuust realized I asked about a tri the same day my friend is getting married! Shoot shoot shoot. And it''s one of those where I don''t know if we''re invited or not because we''re friends but not like call each other all the time friends, but still pretty good friends but they''ve got a lot of family so who knows, and I don''t want it to read like "Should I keep the day open? *meaningful stare*"

Bah. I overthink things.

Date: 3/11/2010 9:53:30 AM
Author: princesss

Date: 3/11/2010 9:48:03 AM
Author: TheBigT

Date: 3/11/2010 9:45:16 AM
Author: elrohwen
Princess, what is this show? Is it a sitcom? I''ve kind of vaguely heard of it, but I have no idea what it''s about.
I skimmed your post and thought it said, ''Princesss, what is a sitcom? I''ve kind of vaguely heard of it...''
Yeah.
Hahahaha!

El, it''s a sitcom. It''s about 3 families - Al Bundy from married with children, and his kids and their families. His son is gay, and he and his partner have a daughter, and his daughter is married to Phil (can''t remember her name, but I know his!) who is super awkward and they''ve got 3 kids. It''s still finding its stride, but it''s usually hilarious (and always has at least one really really good moment).
Best sitcom on tv right now!!! It''s freakin hilarious!

Morning my loves!

Date: 3/11/2010 10:50:45 AM

I just e-mailed two of my triathlete friends to ask if there was anything I should keep in mind before deciding to sign up for this tri. Juuuuuust realized I asked about a tri the same day my friend is getting married! Shoot shoot shoot. And it''s one of those where I don''t know if we''re invited or not because we''re friends but not like call each other all the time friends, but still pretty good friends but they''ve got a lot of family so who knows, and I don''t want it to read like ''Should I keep the day open? *meaningful stare*''

Bah. I overthink things.
Yes, you do. I would not even worry about it for another second.

Date: 3/11/2010 10:52:09 AM
Author: elledizzy5

I just e-mailed two of my triathlete friends to ask if there was anything I should keep in mind before deciding to sign up for this tri. Juuuuuust realized I asked about a tri the same day my friend is getting married! Shoot shoot shoot. And it''s one of those where I don''t know if we''re invited or not because we''re friends but not like call each other all the time friends, but still pretty good friends but they''ve got a lot of family so who knows, and I don''t want it to read like ''Should I keep the day open? *meaningful stare*''

Bah. I overthink things.
Yes, ma''am.

(Especially because I just re-read my e-mail and it mentions the date nowhere in there at all.)

Date: 3/11/2010 10:53:52 AM

I just e-mailed two of my triathlete friends to ask if there was anything I should keep in mind before deciding to sign up for this tri. Juuuuuust realized I asked about a tri the same day my friend is getting married! Shoot shoot shoot. And it's one of those where I don't know if we're invited or not because we're friends but not like call each other all the time friends, but still pretty good friends but they've got a lot of family so who knows, and I don't want it to read like 'Should I keep the day open? *meaningful stare*'

Bah. I overthink things.
Yes, ma'am.

(Especially because I just re-read my e-mail and it mentions the date nowhere in there at all.)
HAHAHA.

elle, you MUST share the b-pics with the kittehs.
36.gif

Gmornin, sunny!!!

Date: 3/11/2010 10:56:57 AM
Author: vc10um

Date: 3/11/2010 10:53:52 AM

Bah. I overthink things.
Yes, ma''am.

HAHAHA.

elle, you MUST share the b-pics with the kittehs.
36.gif

Gmornin, sunny!!!
Can you tell I''m a worrier?
24.gif

Elle, I agree, I really want to see kitteh b-pics. Pweeeeeeeeeez?

I'll email you guys the gallery/password when they come in. NO worries.
3.gif

ETA: Unless I decide I look disgusting. So...50/50 chance.

Date: 3/11/2010 11:01:39 AM
I''ll email you guys the gallery/password when they come in. NO worries.
3.gif

Umm, no. 0% chance of you looking anything but hot. So 100% chance of us seeing hot Elle B-Pics!

Date: 3/11/2010 11:04:59 AM
Author: ladypirate

3.gif

Umm, no. 0% chance of you looking anything but hot. So 100% chance of us seeing hot Elle B-Pics!
We''ll see!
11.gif

3.gif

Agreed.

Date: 3/11/2010 11:05:30 AM

3.gif

We''ll see!
11.gif
Don''t make us come over there and beat it out of you!
27.gif

Date: 3/11/2010 11:09:56 AM
Author: sunnyd

3.gif

We''ll see!
11.gif
27.gif
Why not? We could make a GTG out of it and get a drink after.
3.gif

Date: 3/11/2010 11:10:51 AM

3.gif

We''ll see!
11.gif
27.gif
3.gif
Gotta love the silver lining

OK, so Kris and I are going to a ball (!) in January. I have between now and then to find a hot evening gown to wear.

Yes I realize that is a crazy long period of time, but I am picky! And I want to look nice. I really loved the drapey silk charmeuse stuff I tried on bridal dress shopping (Amy Michelson, etc.), so I think my ideal gown would be something along those lines, backless, preferably in a dark blue. But I am open to suggestions.

Date: 3/11/2010 11:22:25 AM
OK, so Kris and I are going to a ball (!) in January. I have between now and then to find a hot evening gown to wear.

Yes I realize that is a crazy long period of time, but I am picky! And I want to look nice. I really loved the drapey silk charmeuse stuff I tried on bridal dress shopping (Amy Michelson, etc.), so I think my ideal gown would be something along those lines, backless, preferably in a dark blue. But I am open to suggestions.
Ummm... I''m jealous. Seriously jealous. How did you get the opportunity to go to a ball?? LUCKY

Date: 3/11/2010 11:10:51 AM

3.gif

We''ll see!
11.gif
27.gif
3.gif
I''m down!
9.gif

Date: 3/11/2010 11:23:56 AM

Ummm... I''m jealous. Seriously jealous. How did you get the opportunity to go to a ball?? LUCKY

Kris'' aunt is become the commodore of her yacht club and we''re flying out to Florida for it. I am so jazzed, it''s not even funny.

I feel like freakin'' cinderella!

OMG FUN!!! I want to look right now!!

Date: 3/11/2010 11:29:00 AM

Date: 3/11/2010 11:23:56 AM

Kris'' aunt is become the commodore of her yacht club and we''re flying out to Florida for it. I am so jazzed, it''s not even funny.

I feel like freakin'' cinderella!
That sounds so awesome, LP!

Wait...does that mean you get to be on a boat?!? Will you take it over and pirate it up to VA so I can join you?!?!?!
9.gif

GET 3 FREE HCA RESULTS JOIN THE FORUM. ASK FOR HELP