shape
carat
color
clarity

The LIW Small Talk Thread

congrats TP! would''ve posted that earlier if i could''ve. stupid computer.

Hi wifey!!!!
35.gif
35.gif

SQUIRREL SIGHTING!!!
9.gif
9.gif
9.gif

Hi Squirrly.

35.gif

hi wifey! it''s good to be back
9.gif

32 year old engaged men should not be hitting on their 22 year old direct reports. UGH. I don''t know if he''s going through some kind of commitmentphobic freak out, but this dude needs to back the eff off. I don''t even know what to tell my friend - she''s trying to squash it (he''s texting her from a business trip saying things like, "Do you miss me?"), but I''m worried for her if he gets vindictive when he''s rejected.

Date: 3/11/2010 3:18:46 PM
Author: princesss
32 year old engaged men should not be hitting on their 22 year old direct reports. UGH. I don''t know if he''s going through some kind of commitmentphobic freak out, but this dude needs to back the eff off. I don''t even know what to tell my friend - she''s trying to squash it (he''s texting her from a business trip saying things like, ''Do you miss me?''), but I''m worried for her if he gets vindictive when he''s rejected.
Men are pigs.

Date: 3/11/2010 3:22:15 PM
Author: winelover23

32 year old engaged men should not be hitting on their 22 year old direct reports. UGH. I don''t know if he''s going through some kind of commitmentphobic freak out, but this dude needs to back the eff off. I don''t even know what to tell my friend - she''s trying to squash it (he''s texting her from a business trip saying things like, ''Do you miss me?''), but I''m worried for her if he gets vindictive when he''s rejected.
Men are pigs.
Ditto! And she could report him to HR, but that could be career suicide too. What is with bosses?

32 year old engaged men should not be hitting on their 22 year old direct reports. UGH. I don't know if he's going through some kind of commitmentphobic freak out, but this dude needs to back the eff off. I don't even know what to tell my friend - she's trying to squash it (he's texting her from a business trip saying things like, 'Do you miss me?'), but I'm worried for her if he gets vindictive when he's rejected.
Men are pigs.
With the possible exception of the SO's of small talkers, Ditto.

My approach with my boss (74? yr.old married guy) is to just not respond to anything he says like that. Ignore it. Grab an important looking document and explain some potential issue. Etc.
That usually takes care of the problem since his mind is busy with some "problem".

Creepy bosses stink.

ETA: If it isn't something she wants to report to HR now, she should at least keep all of his texts/e-mails/messages in a file in case she needs them in the future. Better to have them if she needs them than run into a situation where she doesn't have the proof she needs. (like the boss gets mad that she ignores his interest and reports HER for inappropriate behavior/advances/etc.)

Is it the age difference you object to, or the fact that he''s her superior? Or the fact that he''s needy/creepy?

Date: 3/11/2010 3:24:52 PM
Author: elrohwen

Men are pigs.
Ditto! And she could report him to HR, but that could be career suicide too. What is with bosses?
That''s exactly the problem. Going to HR could be trouble, but not going could be trouble, too. I think she''s just going to focus on squashing and deal with him being vindictive if it comes. Right now she''s just ignoring. I''m really hoping he gets the point. I definitely thought he was a decent (if cocky) guy before this.

Date: 3/11/2010 3:35:17 PM
Author: TheBigT

Is it the age difference you object to, or the fact that he''s her superior? Or the fact that he''s needy/creepy?
Not in order, but:

Engaged
Her boss
Knows she''s seeing somebody
Creepy

Date: 3/11/2010 3:36:36 PM

Not in order, but:

Engaged

Her boss

Creepy
Ohhh, geez, I can''t believe I read that and missed the part about him being ENGAGED!
20.gif
I think I need glasses or something, the way I''m misreading all these posts.

Date: 3/11/2010 3:40:59 PM

Not in order, but:

Engaged

Her boss

Creepy
Ohhh, geez, I can''t believe I read that and missed the part about him being ENGAGED!
20.gif
Hahaha, it happens to the best of us. We skim a post and miss something important.

Apparently he''s now telling her he thinks he made a mistake proposing, and his FI is not going to make him happy. Glad he figured that out after a) proposing b) buying a house together c) buying two new cars together d) planning the whole wedding.
20.gif
Really, I think he was just really good at hiding what a scumball he is for a while. *shudder*

Date: 3/11/2010 4:15:54 PM

Not in order, but:

Engaged

Her boss

Creepy
20.gif
Hahaha, it happens to the best of us. We skim a post and miss something important.

Apparently he''s now telling her he thinks he made a mistake proposing, and his FI is not going to make him happy. Glad he figured that out after a) proposing b) buying a house together c) buying two new cars together d) planning the whole wedding.
20.gif
Really, I think he was just really good at hiding what a scumball he is for a while. *shudder*
DANGER! DANGER!
23.gif
What a crazy douchenozzle!!

Date: 3/11/2010 4:28:55 PM
Author: sunnyd

Date: 3/11/2010 4:15:54 PM

Not in order, but:

Engaged

Her boss

Creepy
20.gif

20.gif
DANGER! DANGER!
23.gif
What a crazy douchenozzle!!
Good description Sunny.

sunny: I know, right??? Luckily she doesn''t buy it, and thinks he''s stupid because he either proposed to a woman he doesn''t really love or is lying to try to get into her pants. Both lead to failure.

Date: 3/11/2010 4:40:10 PM
sunny: I know, right??? Luckily she doesn''t buy it, and thinks he''s stupid because he either proposed to a woman he doesn''t really love or is lying to try to get into her pants. Both lead to failure.
Disturbing.
40.gif

Date: 3/11/2010 4:55:01 PM
Author: sunnyd

Date: 3/11/2010 4:40:10 PM
Disturbing.
40.gif
Yup.
38.gif

Man, Princesss, your friend''s boss is an asshat! Yuck.

LP, it only gets worse. I spent half an hour talking to her about this after work, and any respect I had for this guy flew out the window. It''s not just this situation, it''s everything. He plays the victim in his own freaking life, and then wonders why he''s miserable.

Morning ladies,

As promised here are your pictures of Bun and Carlos for this month.

HH 3 mo.JPG

First one of Bun-BTW I took the intelligender (pee) test this morning and it said boy-very interesting...

Bun 12 weeks.JPG

Bun (I guess I can call him Aidan now) totally has the Domenico head. I told my doc to schedule the c-section now.

Bun 12 weeks 2.JPG

**SQUEAL!!!***

Little bit of belly...still jealous of the boobies...and BUUUUUNNNNNNNNNN!!!

And a giant
20.gif
to the intelligender test. I''m still calling Bun Gracie until your 20 week US.
9.gif

PS: Morning, wife! Off to go eat breakfast and then head to work...back around 9!

OMG, HH! You''re starting to look pregnant behind your 6-pack!
And I''m tearing up over here - you totally have a little tiny person in your ute!
2.gif
Thank you so much for showing us the pictures. Little Aidan or Gracie is precious!

OMG BELLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

Looking good, HH!

Finally to work and at my desk. Still SO excited about Bun!!!

Morning T and elle!

Morning V!

I just got an email from express. The subject line was "We Heart Jean Leggings"

Gross.
14.gif

GET 3 FREE HCA RESULTS JOIN THE FORUM. ASK FOR HELP