shape
carat
color
clarity

The LIW Small Talk Thread

Date: 3/12/2010 10:46:49 AM
Author: sunnyd
So bad news bears this morning. My parents'' St Bernard was diagnosed with bone cancer yesterday.
7.gif
They just had to put the other one down 4 months ago. It''s going to be really hard on my mom; this dog was her baby. Sadly, there''s nothing they can do but hope that they have to put him down before his bone shatters in his leg because he''s 150lbs, so it''s not like he can be lifted by one person.
7.gif

Just sucks, he was such a funny boy.
Awww, I''m so sorry, sunny.
39.gif

Sad, but they''ve been waiting to sell their monster of a house and yard until both of them passed, so it''ll be a new beginning. She wants a yappy dog now, haha. It''ll be so weird, my family hasn''t been dogless since 1994!
40.gif

Date: 3/12/2010 10:55:48 AM
Sad, but they''ve been waiting to sell their monster of a house and yard until both of them passed, so it''ll be a new beginning. She wants a yappy dog now, haha. It''ll be so weird, my family hasn''t been dogless since 1994!
40.gif
Get a pom! All of the fluff, none of the size!

So bad news bears this morning. My parents'' St Bernard was diagnosed with bone cancer yesterday.
7.gif
They just had to put the other one down 4 months ago. It''s going to be really hard on my mom; this dog was her baby. Sadly, there''s nothing they can do but hope that they have to put him down before his bone shatters in his leg because he''s 150lbs, so it''s not like he can be lifted by one person.
7.gif

OMG sunny I''m so sorry!
39.gif
39.gif
39.gif

That is awful, awful news. *hugs*

Crap. I''m tearing up.
15.gif

Date: 3/12/2010 10:58:06 AM
Author: princesss

40.gif

I swear to god I thought that said ****.
33.gif

Date: 3/12/2010 11:00:00 AM
Author: elledizzy5

40.gif

33.gif
Yeah, cuz THAT makes sense. Silly girl.
3.gif

40.gif

33.gif
HA! You would, elle.
9.gif

Sunny, I''m sorry about your parent''s dog.
7.gif

HH, Aiden/Gracie looks adorable (and so do you!)

I like the skinny jean look kind of (I guess what I really mean by that is straight leg) because I have small calves/ankles and jeans that are too flared look really weird on me. Plus, I love the cuffed look of straight leg jeans with cute shoes. Leggings, not so much unless you are literally wearing them as tights under a dress or something. And in that case, they should not be made of denim.

And I agree that the problem is that so many girls wear this stuff who really shouldn''t. I''m in the no muffin tops alliance! (Exceptions made just after eating).

Date: 3/12/2010 11:03:03 AM

40.gif

33.gif
Yeah, cuz THAT makes sense. Silly girl.
3.gif
Well not really. Then I saw "all of the fluff, none of the size" and thought it was plausible.
3.gif

Ohhh Sunny! How sad. I''m sorry about the pup!

Elle, in a similar vein, I thought I saw an ad for a "triathlon couch," but it was just wishful thinking.
39.gif

Date: 3/12/2010 11:06:48 AM
Elle, in a similar vein, I thought I saw an ad for a ''triathlon couch,'' but it was just wishful thinking.
39.gif
Bahaha! wishful thinking indeed!

We really want a pom, because they''re like mini chow chows. But we got another cat instead and now we REALLY have our hands full!

We got D.O.G. a month before we had to put Piju down last year. I know this is going to sound super selfish, but having the puppy to distract us really helped up work past the grief.

Elle, in a similar vein, I thought I saw an ad for a ''triathlon couch,'' but it was just wishful thinking.
39.gif
Hahahaha!! Someone should invent a triathlon couch.

Date: 3/12/2010 11:07:36 AM

39.gif
But it would be soooo nice!

So I decided to do this, and it got M off of his butt, and now he''s going to do it with me! Plus I have a training buddy that''s done an Iron Man TWICE, so I''m feeling pretty confident. And we''re going to turn the race into a fun day - go up the night before, do the race, and then try to go see his cousins that moved to NC a few months ago. Plus it''s the week before I go to Ireland so I''ll be in great shape and look pretty fab in pictures (not that that had anything to do with the timing of the race
12.gif
11.gif
).

Date: 3/12/2010 11:09:54 AM
Author: Hudson_Hawk
We really want a pom, because they're like mini chow chows. But we got another cat instead and now we REALLY have our hands full!

We got D.O.G. a month before we had to put Piju down last year. I know this is going to sound super selfish, but having the puppy to distract us really helped up work past the grief.
Not selfish. That's why they got the saint to begin with! The dog we had before him also died of bone cancer. Weird.

Sunny - Oh no, that''s terrible. Losing pets is soooo hard!

I''m allergic to Pom''s but my favorite little dogs are Papillons. My Vet highly recommends them and actually owns them himself.

Date: 3/12/2010 11:28:12 AM
Author: winelover23

I''m allergic to Pom''s but my favorite little dogs are Papillons. My Vet highly recommends them and actually owns them himself.
I think musey has a Pom/Pap mix - seriously the cutest little dog ever!

Date: 3/12/2010 11:28:12 AM
Author: winelover23

Deco has a pap, I love their ear fluff!
30.gif

Date: 3/12/2010 11:10:56 AM

39.gif

So I decided to do this, and it got M off of his butt, and now he''s going to do it with me! Plus I have a training buddy that''s done an Iron Man TWICE, so I''m feeling pretty confident. And we''re going to turn the race into a fun day - go up the night before, do the race, and then try to go see his cousins that moved to NC a few months ago. Plus it''s the week before I go to Ireland so I''ll be in great shape and look pretty fab in pictures (not that that had anything to do with the timing of the race
12.gif
11.gif
).
That may or may not be why I''m running a half marathon a month and a half before the Running of the Brides...
12.gif
...which is also 2 months before the anticipated date of engagement pictures...
12.gif
...and running another one 3 months later so I don''t slack off...

That''s so sad sunny!! It''s never easy to lose a pet and I''m sure your parents are really upset.

It was weird when my dogs died - my parents had dogs from 1974-2004! They decided they don''t want more dogs because they want to travel and stuff (but they can''t wait until we get dogs). It''s so weird to visit them and not have dogs running around.

Date: 3/12/2010 11:39:33 AM
Author: vc10um

39.gif

12.gif
11.gif
).
That may or may not be why I''m running a half marathon a month and a half before the Running of the Brides...
12.gif
12.gif
I love it!

Date: 3/12/2010 11:09:54 AM
Author: Hudson_Hawk
We really want a pom, because they''re like mini chow chows. But we got another cat instead and now we REALLY have our hands full!

I always get new pets when the current ones are getting older. It''s not on purpose, but I think I just know that I need another animal there to help me through the grief.

Date: 3/12/2010 11:42:02 AM

Date: 3/12/2010 11:39:33 AM
Author: vc10um

39.gif

12.gif
11.gif
).
12.gif
12.gif
I love it!
Thanks, P! I''m hoping that training this year trumps training last year. Last year I lost 20 lbs training for half marathons. This year I''m hoping for 25 over the course of both, seeing as the second one is 6 months from now...

Date: 3/12/2010 10:10:19 AM
I''ve got a verse from ''Poker Face'' stuck in my head and it won''t get out. D*** that Gaga and her catchy music! *shakes fist*
I know exactly how you feel. I have the Gaga in my head almost all the time. Probably because its the only thing I have on my iPhone besides "Make Her Say" by Kid Cudi/Common/Kanye.

Question...

Is it "Can''t read my, can''t read my, no he can''t read my poker face. (She''s got to love nobody)" or "Can''t read my, can''t read my, no he can''t read my poker face. (She''s got me like nobody)"?

I always thought it was the second one, but most google searches on lyrics tell me I''m wrong and its the first one. I thought the song was about her bi-sexual desires... so the second one makes more sense.

Date: 3/12/2010 12:53:20 PM
Author: Clairitek

Date: 3/12/2010 10:10:19 AM
I''ve got a verse from ''Poker Face'' stuck in my head and it won''t get out. D*** that Gaga and her catchy music! *shakes fist*
I know exactly how you feel. I have the Gaga in my head almost all the time. Probably because its the only thing I have on my iPhone besides ''Make Her Say'' by Kid Cudi/Common/Kanye.

Question...

Is it ''Can''t read my, can''t read my, no he can''t read my poker face. (She''s got to love nobody)'' or ''Can''t read my, can''t read my, no he can''t read my poker face. (She''s got me like nobody)''?

I always thought it was the second one, but most google searches on lyrics tell me I''m wrong and its the first one. I thought the song was about her bi-sexual desires... so the second one makes more sense.
Hmmmm. No clue. I turn off Poker Face now cuz it was overplayed.

7.gif
7.gif

Oh no! I''m so sorry to hear it. My mother has been attached to every dog we have ever had (4 of them over my lifetime) and I know everytime one passes it kills her. I am glad they figured it out before somethign extremely catastrophic and painful happened though.
7.gif

40.gif
33.gif
Me too!

Wifey, I think it''s "She''s got to love nobody".

Ack. M gave me a heart attack at lunch. We were wondering about where our friends are going on their honeymoons, and he said, "I don''t care what you think, I know where we''re going." I asked where, and he said, "One of those huts over the water." Meaning Fiji.
23.gif
38.gif

Thank God he was kidding. That''d be fun for a few days, but we would be at each other''s throats if that was our whole trip! Luckily he''s still on board with Operation: Safari. Otherwise we''d have some issues.

On the topic of leggings, look what I found on forever21.com. In what circumstances would these be worn?!?!?! I don''t know whether to laugh or cry.
38.gif

leggingwhat.jpg

GET 3 FREE HCA RESULTS JOIN THE FORUM. ASK FOR HELP