clarity

The LIW Small Talk Thread

Date: 3/16/2010 11:44:54 AM
Author: sunnyd
Date: 3/16/2010 11:42:46 AM

Author: elrohwen

Date: 3/16/2010 11:39:52 AM

Author: ladypirate

I''m with you Elro--not a McD''s fan. I think the only fast food place I really like is chipotle.

The only places I''ll eat are Wendy''s, Taco Bell, or 5 Guys Burgers. Chipotle is ok too - I don''t complain if someone wants to go there, but I won''t usually suggest it.

I think Burger King is as gross as McD''s. I would say it''s because my parents only took me to Wendy''s growing up, but I think we also went to McD''s a few times and I never liked it even as a little kid.

It''s so funny you say that because I don''t really like any other fast food (hahaha I typed fat food first) besides McD because that''s the only place we went to as kids.

The only fast food place we ever went to was Taco Bell--lol. I don''t think I even had McDonalds until I was like 12.

Date: 3/16/2010 11:43:02 AM

Date: 3/16/2010 11:40:28 AM
Author: winelover23

Date: 3/16/2010 11:37:58 AM

Date: 3/16/2010 11:36:12 AM

Date: 3/16/2010 11:33:54 AM

Date: 3/16/2010 11:27:22 AM

Date: 3/16/2010 11:21:39 AM
Author: vc10um
How have you never had Shamrock Shakes before?!!??! They''re green AND minty deliciousness!
18.gif
McD''s only has them out from like the end of February through March for St. Patty''s Day.

PS: Helloooooo, PNWers!
I don''t eat anything from McD''s - that''s my excuse for not having one!
I love McD''s. I could do my own Super Size Me and be in heaven for about 3 days before I died.
9.gif
Ditto. I could survive solely on nuggets and fries.
Quarter pounder........dude I''m drooling all over myself. Their hot fudge sundays cannot be beat. They''re just perfection in a little plastic cup!
18.gif
Sausage McMuffin and hashbrowns.
Breakfast of hungover champions!
Another reason we''re married. You know what to bring me when I''m nursing a hangover!

Maybe we''ve all just learned the trick to keeping your kids skinny - don''t take them to fast food restaurants and maybe they''ll never learn to like them! It definitely cuts down on my fast food eating that I''m so picky. We only ever eat fast food when we''re driving somewhere - it''s like a special road trip treat.

13.gif

Date: 3/16/2010 11:42:46 AM

Date: 3/16/2010 11:39:52 AM
Author: ladypirate
I''m with you Elro--not a McD''s fan. I think the only fast food place I really like is chipotle.
The only places I''ll eat are Wendy''s, Taco Bell, or 5 Guys Burgers. Chipotle is ok too - I don''t complain if someone wants to go there, but I won''t usually suggest it.

I think Burger King is as gross as McD''s. I would say it''s because my parents only took me to Wendy''s growing up, but I think we also went to McD''s a few times and I never liked it even as a little kid.
Heck yes, 5 Guys! I only really like 5 Guys and Cook Out. Sometimes I''m in the mood for Wendy''s or Taco Bell, but that''s about it. Everything else is
14.gif

Oh, and I've heard awesome things about In and Out Burger but haven't been to one yet. I'm gonna have to go when I visit LA in May.

P, what is Cook Out? I haven''t seen that one before.

Date: 3/16/2010 11:59:40 AM
P, what is Cook Out? I haven''t seen that one before.
I''m pretty sure it''s specific to the Carolinas (there might be a few in GA, but don''t quote me on that). Think 5 Guys, but more Southern. It''s a drive through, with a few tables outside, burgers, hot dogs, fries, hush puppies (OMG so good), and 40+ kinds of milkshakes. Plus Cheerwine floats. So so so so so so good.

They always play Sonic commercials up here but there are NO Sonics!!
39.gif
It all looks so delicious (speaking of shakes...).

Date: 3/16/2010 9:32:22 AM
Mmmmmm...Johnny Rockets.
Besides In n Out Burger (soooo happy to be closer to In n Out Burgers when I move to the Bay Area) Johnny Rockets is my favorite fast food restaurant HANDS DOWN.

Date: 3/16/2010 12:15:57 PM
39.gif
Yes there are! There is one in Wenatchee, I think Yakima and in Ferndale. Want to go to Sonic w/ me for my Birthday? I told J that''s what I want. I know weird.

Princess - Can you FedEx me some hush puppies? Oh and what''s the frozen custard place? Ya go there and get me some of that too.

Date: 3/16/2010 12:20:09 PM

39.gif
Yes there are! There is one in Wenatchee, I think Yakima and in Ferndale. Want to go to Sonic w/ me for my Birthday? I told J that''s what I want. I know weird.

Princess - Can you FedEx me some hush puppies? Oh and what''s the frozen custard place? Ya go there and get me some of that too.
That''s quite far for some hamburgers. Hahaha!! For a brithday though, that''s different!
31.gif

Date: 3/16/2010 11:21:39 AM
How have you never had Shamrock Shakes before?!!??! They''re green AND minty deliciousness!
18.gif
McD''s only has them out from like the end of February through March for St. Patty''s Day.

PS: Helloooooo, PNWers!
My favorite milkshakes come from this place in RI called the Newport Creamery. They are called Awful Awfuls becuase they are awful big and awful good. 24 ounces of awesomeness!! They have a strawberry banana one that has chunks of banana and chocolate jimmies in it. At least now they make them with a reduced fat base as well. They don''t use ice cream, but a frozen milk stuff. Its all natural and whatnot but you certainly don''t want to eat just the frozen milk with no flavor in it.

I miss Rhode Island.
39.gif
39.gif
7.gif
15.gif
15.gif

HH- You''ve been to Newport Creamery, right?

39.gif

Sunny you''re not alone. They play sonic commercials all the time here in NE and there are no sonics around!

Date: 3/16/2010 12:20:09 PM

39.gif
Yes there are! There is one in Wenatchee, I think Yakima and in Ferndale. Want to go to Sonic w/ me for my Birthday? I told J that's what I want. I know weird.

Princess - Can you FedEx me some hush puppies? Oh and what's the frozen custard place? Ya go there and get me some of that too.
On their way! (Not sure what custard place you're talking about, but in my head it's the place by my college - it's a "VA historic place", and amazing. I could eat quarts of their frozen custard at a time. - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carl's_Ice_Cream)

39.gif
Eww, you''re not missing anything! Sonic commercials make it look good, but I''ve only been disappointed.

P, that sounds awesome! We used to go to NC all the time when I was a kid, but they might not have been around then in the Outer Banks. I love local fast food places though (like 5 Guys, even though they''re expanding super fast).

Ctek, I''ve never been to Newport Creamery, but DH is obsessed with both Newport and milkshakes, so I''ll have to ask him if he''s been!

If anybody''s driving through CT on I84, you need to stop at Marcus Dairy. It''s a little diner type place, and since it''s a dairy company they make their own ice cream. The milkshakes are awesome! I haven''t had any of their ice cream not in a milkshake, but I''ll have to go buy some soon.

LOL Elro, but you''re a fast food hater so I don''t know if you can be trusted!
3.gif
3.gif

Date: 3/16/2010 12:59:03 PM
3.gif
3.gif
She can''t. Sonic is the bomb. I want a grilled cheese and a cherry limeade stat!

Sonic is the best after half marathons! Grilled cheese on Texas Toast, Tots, and a Diet Cherry Limeade...yummmmmm. (Of course, that''s after downing at least two beers at the finish line!!!)

I grew up eating every kind of fast food...and still will pretty much eat a small selection of things from every fast food restaurant. Perhaps this is why I am *not* skinny.
40.gif

In other news...I had Thai food for lunch with my two preggers coworkers. It was delish, and they''re so much fun. One is 30 weeks tomorrow and the other will be 20 weeks on Friday (WE FIND OUT IF IT''S A BOY OR GIRL!!!)...they''re freakin adorable.

Date: 3/16/2010 1:04:37 PM

3.gif
3.gif
She can''t. Sonic is the bomb. I want a grilled cheese and a cherry limeade stat!
A woman after my own heart.
30.gif

Date: 3/16/2010 1:08:25 PM

3.gif
3.gif
30.gif
I know how to party!

Date: 3/16/2010 1:08:25 PM

3.gif
3.gif
30.gif
Watch it sister. That''s my wife!
29.gif
9.gif

3.gif
3.gif
HOW DID I FORGET ABOUT SONIC!!!! I AM SO HAPPY TO LIVE NEAR A SONIC!!!!
36.gif
36.gif

Ok. My outburst is done.

Tots and limeade got me through many, many visits to Tennessee to visit grandparents back when I was 16/17 and didn''t find being in the countryside as fun as I did when I was little. I used to drive the 10 miles in to the nearest town just to get tots and limeade.
18.gif
18.gif
18.gif
18.gif
18.gif
18.gif
18.gif
18.gif
18.gif

My office smells like hot dogs or pepperoni or something. OMG I''m starving!

Things seem a little slow today. I think it's time for your daily dose of Otto!

This position is known as the bunny loaf. Note the perfect tuck of all four feet
3.gif

eta: He had really bad red-eye and I tried to fix it, but he still looks a bit evil! Really he's just sleepy.

otto bunny loaf.jpg

3.gif
3.gif
This is true, I probably can''t be trusted.

Though DH agrees with me and he''ll eat anything!!
3.gif

Now I''m jonsing for tater tots.

Date: 3/16/2010 2:46:43 PM
Things seem a little slow today. I think it''s time for your daily dose of Otto!

This position is known as the bunny loaf. Note the perfect tuck of all four feet
3.gif

eta: He had really bad red-eye and I tried to fix it, but he still looks a bit evil! Really he''s just sleepy.
Hahaha. "bunny loaf"

He looks like a loaf! Nommmmmm the earsssssssssss.

Things seem a little slow today. I think it''s time for your daily dose of Otto!

3.gif

eta: He had really bad red-eye and I tried to fix it, but he still looks a bit evil! Really he''s just sleepy.
I can has bunneh loaf?

3.gif

I know what''s really happening, here. He''s getting ready to lay Cadbury Creme Eggs!

Date: 3/16/2010 3:03:23 PM
Author: TheBigT

3.gif

I know what''s really happening, here. He''s getting ready to lay Cadbury Creme Eggs!
Heehee. He does look like a hen sitting on eggs! Hopefully they''re mini eggs
18.gif

GET 3 FREE HCA RESULTS JOIN THE FORUM. ASK FOR HELP