shape
carat
color
clarity

The Official TTC Thread!

monkeyprincess

Ideal_Rock
Re: The Official TTC Thread!

Lizzy, fantastic news about your follies and the timing of you IUI. Everything is falling into place so nicely! I’m glad your acupuncture session was a success. I just may have to try it ones of these cycles.

Jas, double boo on the mouse and flu. Hey that rhymed. Hope you and your boys are feeling better and the mouse is gone! I freak out if I see a bug in the house. A mouse would set me over the edge!

Bright, an itchy leg? I have heard of more unusual pregnancy symptoms, so why not? : ) How many DPO are you? And have you caved in and tested? : ) Fingers crossed.

PPM, sorry you’re vacillating on this. You’re in no rush, so make sure you are both fully on board before you start trying. You’ll get there. Good luck with you first school year!

AFM, nothing new to report unfortunately. I guess I have officially fallen into the obsessing portion of the 2WW and I am desperately searching for non-existent symptoms. Ugh. Trying so hard to stay positive and hopeful, but the realist in me is getting worried. Anyway, I’m thinking of all of you and hoping we get another group of ladies to join S&I! It's easier for me to be optimistic for you all for some reason . . .

Missy0483

Brilliant_Rock

PilsnPinkysMom|1313639798|2993119 said:
This is lame, but I had to post to correct my incorrect use of 'your' in my prior thread contribution. It should have been 'you're'.

Sorry. Pet peeve. The editing timeframe already passed. I'm neurotic.

ETA: I also wrote 'CD 15 and no sign of AF'... I meant OVULATION. Clearly. I haven't been sleeping much lately, can you tell?

Hahaha! I would have done the same thing! While we're on the topic of editing, I believe you meant "2DPO" and not "CD2" when you replied to Jas. Just helping you out there :halo:

S&I - I hope you're still doing well over there! I saw you started posting in the JBP thread! Yay!!!

MP - I will remain positive and hopeful for you even if you're starting to lose it!

AFM, I'm still here! I haven't had much to contribute lately so I've just been reading along! CD17 today still waiting for O...last month I got a +OPK at CD21 and no signs that it's coming yet so I may have a few days. No hot weather in store so DH better be ready this time!!

S&I

Brilliant_Rock

MP, so sorry that you're feeling less than optimistic, but I'll keep cheering for you anyways! At least you still have Tuesday to look forward to - getting your beautiful ring back! I truly hope that AF doesn't show her ugly head on Monday.

Lizzy, yay for your 3 leading follies and your awesome acupuncture session! I hope things continue to line up perfectly for the IUI, so I can stop talking to myself in the JBP thread!

Clairitek, thanks! It's amazing what zyrtec does for me.

amc, I totally agree, and yay for your cervix and EWCM!

jas, so sorry that you're feeling under the weather now, and yikes about the mouse. I hope your DH can handle it without you having to see it! Good luck in your 2WW!

BrightSpot, love your itching leg comment!

PPM, glad you're back! My DH and I took turns being wishy washy too. This cycle, I just kind of took charge and he followed along. :lol: Oh, and every time I see the wrong use of "your" in a sentence, I think about the Friends episode where Ross is yelling at Rachel:
"Y-O-U-apostrophe-R-E means you are, Y-O-U-R means your!". Sorry, I'm a dork.

Missy, I thought about you yesterday! Hope you get some positive OPKs soon!

amc80

Ideal_Rock

S&I|1313684027|2993424 said:
amc, I totally agree, and yay for your cervix and EWCM!

jas, so sorry that you're feeling under the weather now, and yikes about the mouse. I hope your DH can handle it without you having to see it! Good luck in your 2WW!

I know, it seems like such a waste, right? All this EWCM and no spermies to swim in it...eww....just gave myself a visual.

S&I|1313684027|2993424 said:
PPM, Oh, and every time I see the wrong use of "your" in a sentence, I think about the Friends episode where Ross is yelling at Rachel:
"Y-O-U-apostrophe-R-E means you are, Y-O-U-R means your!". Sorry, I'm a dork.

OMG, someone else who quotes friends. At least once a week I say "this reminds me of that friends episode..." I swear, every life situation has a Friends episode to go along with it! God, I miss that show.

MerryMary

Rough_Rock

S&I - I am wishing you continued sticky dust and am very glad that the itching has appeared to stop for you at this point without needing to take the Benadryl!

HOT - Your Dh sounds like a hoot! I think its funny that he started calling you by a new name based on your cup size! :lol:

Stephbolt - Thank you for the heads up on firefox. My work is finally dragging their computers in to this decade so hopefully soon I can use firefox in the next month or so. Great news that your cycles appear to be normalizing for your upcoming TCC journey! At least you don't need to wonder if any symptoms you experience are related to BC hormones. Good luck to you for this upcoming cycle!

Lizzy - Hey lady! My fingers are all crossed for you and I am so happy that your schedule is working out for all the appointments that you have and that your vacation is during your 2WW. Personally, I think that all TCC ladies should have those two weeks for vacation every cycle. It would be a much more humane way to pass the time, ya know!

Bright - My DH's family lives just outside Liverpool, we are heading over for a week primarily for a family reunion but are planning to take the train into London for a day to do some sightseeing and shopping. Where are you planning to go at the end of the month? I hope that your progesterone tests comeback good tomorrow!!

Monkey - I also have great hopes for you this cycle!! Dust, dust, dust for you!!

Jas - you crack me me up, love all your ideas about tcc/preg shows!! Sorry to hear that you caught whatever ailment that your boys had =( That just sucks. Good luck on your 2WW and I hope that FF catches up to your actual cycle :)

PPM - Good luck on your first year of teaching, I think you will do awesome! I hope that you and your DH can come together on your TCc plan, hugs to you in the meantime.

Missy - hi there! I hope you are able to pinpoint your O in the next few days and that your DH is ready and willing :lol:

Clairtek - Have the last couple days temps changed FF yet?

AMC - Hope your BC plan works out perfectly for you! I think you should take some OPKs with you on your cruise!!

AFM - the past four days I have been using the OPKs and started to see a slight fade in pattern so I was hoping that I was getting close. I was also starting to feel some aching in my uterus which I have every month. This morning I tested using a cheapy and got what I thought was pretty close to a positive. To be sure I broke out a digital and sure enough I had a :)) !! It really does make you smile when you see it!! Today is CD13 so I think that I should O tomorrow or Saturday :appl: I think DH will be onboard for BDing tonight, tomorrow and hopefully saturday too! Here eggie, eggie!!!!

posOPK.JPG

amc80

Ideal_Rock

MerryMary|1313690746|2993525 said:
To be sure I broke out a digital and sure enough I had a :)) !! It really does make you smile when you see it!! Today is CD13 so I think that I should O tomorrow or Saturday :appl: I think DH will be onboard for BDing tonight, tomorrow and hopefully saturday too! Here eggie, eggie!!!!

Don't you love seeing the smiley face?

MerryMary

Rough_Rock

amc80|1313691662|2993534 said:
To be sure I broke out a digital and sure enough I had a :)) !! It really does make you smile when you see it!! Today is CD13 so I think that I should O tomorrow or Saturday :appl: I think DH will be onboard for BDing tonight, tomorrow and hopefully saturday too! Here eggie, eggie!!!!

It is so cool!

I'll confess that it took me two tries to get the digital to work. I had stuck the first one in upside down, so it error'ed out. Duh! The two arrows need to meet up. Fortunately I hadn't dumped my cup yet so I could try a second one right away. By the time I was done fiddling with all of that I saw how dark the line on the cheapy was and knew that it HAD to show me a smile or else.... :devil:

amc80

Ideal_Rock

MerryMary|1313692184|2993545 said:

It is so cool!

I'll confess that it took me two tries to get the digital to work. I had stuck the first one in upside down, so it error'ed out. Duh! The two arrows need to meet up. Fortunately I hadn't dumped my cup yet so I could try a second one right away. By the time I was fiddling with all of that I saw how dark the line on the cheapy was and knew that it HAD to show me a smile or else.... :devil:

I had that happen...super dark line on a test strip and I knew the digi would be positive as well...except that it wasn't. :confused:

MerryMary

Rough_Rock

amc80|1313692326|2993550 said:
MerryMary|1313692184|2993545 said:

It is so cool!

I'll confess that it took me two tries to get the digital to work. I had stuck the first one in upside down, so it error'ed out. Duh! The two arrows need to meet up. Fortunately I hadn't dumped my cup yet so I could try a second one right away. By the time I was fiddling with all of that I saw how dark the line on the cheapy was and knew that it HAD to show me a smile or else.... :devil:

I had that happen...super dark line on a test strip and I knew the digi would be positive as well...except that it wasn't. :confused:

Ugh!! that sucks :confused: :nono: :roll: this testing business is always confusing.

lizzyann

Ideal_Rock

Mary, yay on the :)) on your OPK! Sounds like you have a good BD'ing schedule!!! Have fun!

S&I, I would love to join you soon too in the JBP thread! I am feeling very positive about this month! Hope you are doing well!

Missy, glad to hear all is well! Hope O comes soon!

MP, when will you test???!!! Dust coming your way!

PPM, good luck at your first day at school with the kids! Don't worry too much about the uncertainty with TTC. What I tell people is that you'll have 9 months to warm up to the idea!

Brightspot, I hope an itchy leg means BFP! Keep us posted!

Jas, sorry to hear you are sick. Did you catch what the twins had?

AFM, my DH comes home tonight from his business trip so he can help me with the trigger shot. I keep watching the video on giving myself the shot and it is stressing me out. I am not squeamish about needles. But i am worried that I am not going to get in deep enough and then I will have to push it in. Anyone have any experience with giving yourself or someone else a shot? It is subcutaneous so it doesn't have to go in as deep as a deep muscle shot.

Missy0483

Brilliant_Rock

Merry - YAY for a +OPK!!! I have never used the smiley face ones...i really should invest in those. It made me smile just to see yours :)) Good luck the next few days!!

Lizzy - Okay I would be way too squemish to give myself the shot!! I'm not even sure DH would be up for it! You'' have to let us know how it goes!

monkeyprincess

Ideal_Rock

MM, the smiley face design was clever marketing because I think we all react the same way to seeing it. Get busy my friend and best wishes for this cycle! Oh, and thanks for your dust. I so want to be hopeful, but I'm afraid of setting myself up for disappointment again.

Missy, just a few more days for you I hope! Glad that the heat won't be a factor for you. It is starting to heat up here again. Humidity is a bad word!

Lizzy, I would be squeamish too, but I know you can do it (or your husband can), and it will be so worth it! I'm feeling optimistic for you this cycle too! Keep us posted! I have no plans to test unless AF is not here by Monday. Unlike you, I'm not feeling that optimistic about this cycle because we've been timing it well all along and I don't feel anything different from previous cycles. I still have that glimmer of hope though that won't go away.

S&I, thanks. And yes, I cannot wait to have my ring back. I miss it :) Hope you are doing well lady. Are you experiencing any symptoms yet? If life were fair, you would have a morning sickness-free pregnancy due to all the worrying you had to do last week!

parrot tulips

Brilliant_Rock

Lizzy - I did injectibles with my IUI's, so I know exactly how you feel. I have Kaiser, and they actually make you take an injection class, where the instructor has you give yourself a shot of saline in front of her, to make sure you feel comfortable doing it on your own. I did it in my belly (it helps if you've got a little bit of belly chub). I would grab a roll (wherever it was easiest to pinch...usually a few inches to the right or left of my belly button). As soon as the needle was in, I'd let go of my belly, and inject the medication. The needles are so super fine, that it'll go in all the way much more easily than you'd think. For me, pinching my belly roll actually hurt much more than the needle itself (which you'll probably barely feel, but at the very, very worst, it'll feel like a rubber band snapping you for a fraction of a second). I know some people prefer that their partner assist, but for me, the anticipation of the shot was worse than the shot itself, so I liked doing it myself.

ChinaCat

Brilliant_Rock

Hi ladies.

Symptoms- I never felt anything till at least 6 weeks. So don't stress if you don't feel anything!

AFM- CD2 or 3 here. I am surprisingly ok with that. A tiny bit sad, but mostly happy to have another month of acupuncture, eating healthy, prenatals, etc to make sure everything is healthy and ready to go. I knew AF was coming because I had the worst back cramps, exactly like last month (which I've NEVER had before). At least I got to relax in a hot bath with a glass of wine last night! So another month of wine and baby-making practice, which is never a bad thing. :devil:

My kiddo is 2 today! I'm feeling all sorts of happy and sad and proud of him. He's such a joy to me and I can't imagine that I actually created him. Blows my mind! Can't wait for you all to experience this, it is all so well worth the wait and the frustration and the peeing on things. :bigsmile:

monkeyprincess

Ideal_Rock

China, ahh, that is so beautiful what you said about your son. Happy birthday to your little guy! And I'm really sorry to hear that AF showed up for you. It pretty much sucks no matter how you try to spin it, but you're right, the frustration will be well worth it when you welcome your second little one in the not too distant future. Best wishes for you this cycle and enjoy your wine and hot baths while you can.

BrightSpot

Ideal_Rock

Hey ladies! I've been following along, but need to catch up on posting now! So much happens in a couple of days!

S&I, I'm so glad you're itch free now! Yay! How are you feeling otherwise? My temp as crazy low today (well, almost a degree), so I don't really know what's going on. No more symptoms. Totally understand your having to tell family because of DH's brother's wife's wedding. Is their plan set in stone?
So eager to hear about your blood work results on Friday.

amc, totally worth it to bring the opk's on your cruise. They don't take up much space in a suitcase & it'll probably make you feel better to be able to pee on something while you're away, especially if the wedding stress winds up delaying your O. Better to know, than worry! Go, amc's cervix!

jas, can I just say that I love your posts? You're hilarious! I love the idea of a POAS show. There's a show in NYC I keep meaning to see--700 Punchlines & Pregnant. I wonder if there's some POAS humor there. I hope you & your boys are feeling better & you have avoided any confrontation with your new rodent tenant. Yay for the big O! Good luck to you during your 2WW! I feel a strange satisfaction in charting as well, even if FF is confusing at times. Love the call of booty video game idea! I think you have a real winner on your hands & a video game the ladies could get behind. Maybe there could be some charting mini games involved too.

CS, how are your opk's going?

MP, I'm so glad your ring is getting fixed & will be back on your finger soon. It's a stunner! (I had to go back & look after your post--so lovely! Btw, I had a Maggie Sottero wedding dress too. :)) ) My WR is also very thin & looks kinda weird on its own.
I'm not feeling any symptoms. Though, I did read in a few places that the first symptom is usually a missed period, so maybe all is not lost for us. Here's hoping for no AF visits. I love your song idea, btw.

lizzy, I'm so glad your appointments went well yesterday! That sounds great that there are 3 leading follies. I hope one has your sticky bean in it! That's great that you can do the IUI before vacation, then enjoy some stress free 2WW-ing. Thanks for posting about your acupuncture appt too. It sounds like it was really relaxing. I might have to give it a try. I'm 8-9dpo (I think 8, FF thinks 9) today. I think I'm going to try to hold off on testing until mid-late next week if I can make it. Ideally I should wait until at least Friday, but I have a 50 pack of pregnancy test strips burning a hole in my pocket & haven't peed on anything for weeks, so I might not make it that long. :tongue:
Good luck with your shots. I wish I could offer advice. Keep us posted!

ppm, welcome back! Thanks for the good wishes. I'm trying to stop overanalyzing things like a crazy person.
Good luck with your new class--you'll do great! What do you teach? I think it's totally normal to have reservations about TTC. It's a pretty massive endeavor what with the POS, the charting, the scheduled BD, not to mention the resulting baby. :cheeky: That's good that you guys are thinking things through & making sure you're ready. My DH was ready to start a family before I was, but I caught up eventually. ;-)

Missy, hope your O shows up soon! Sounds like your DH has no excuse not to be on board!

Clairitek, my temp fell quite a lot today. Not sure if I should be worried or not. I guess I'll see what happens tomorrow. How are you doing?

MM, your trip sounds amazing! What a lovely thing to look forward to! A dear friend of mine has a place on Chincoteague Island, VA, so DH & I are going there for a few days. It should be nice & relaxing--biking, beaching, eating seafood, etc.
Wow, what a fab positive opk result! I love the smiley! Good luck in the egg hunt. :appl:

China, thanks so much for chiming in on symptoms. That's a relief that it's probably too early to tell. I'm sorry AF arrived, but glad you're doing ok. Happy birthday to your little one today! What a sweet post--it warms my heart.

AFM, not much to report. No symptoms. My temp fell today, but I guess I'll just see what happens tomorrow. Hopefully the doc will call tomorrow with my progesterone results.

Hope everyone's having a great evening!

sugarpie honeybun

Shiny_Rock

Hi Ladies :wavey:

Long time lurker here, inspired by many of the ladies on this thread. Hoping you can make room for another TTC'er?!

My husband and I have decided we'd like to try for another baby, as our first will be turning 1 in October. In a perfect world ;-) , we're hoping for a BFP in the next few months, so we can have a spring/summer baby (if it were only THAT easy). We conceived relatively easy the first time, but for the past 6 months I've been taking Celexa and I've slowly begun to wean myself (plan to be completely off by the end of this month) - not sure if the meds will have a negative impact on our TTC efforts.

Anywhoo - my plan is to solely use the CBEFM and see what happens during the first few months TTC. Hopefully that alone will be enough. We'll soon see.

Looking forward to seeing many BFP's in the very near future on here!

lizzyann

Ideal_Rock

parrot tulips|1313701220|2993673 said:
Lizzy - I did injectibles with my IUI's, so I know exactly how you feel. I have Kaiser, and they actually make you take an injection class, where the instructor has you give yourself a shot of saline in front of her, to make sure you feel comfortable doing it on your own. I did it in my belly (it helps if you've got a little bit of belly chub). I would grab a roll (wherever it was easiest to pinch...usually a few inches to the right or left of my belly button). As soon as the needle was in, I'd let go of my belly, and inject the medication. The needles are so super fine, that it'll go in all the way much more easily than you'd think. For me, pinching my belly roll actually hurt much more than the needle itself (which you'll probably barely feel, but at the very, very worst, it'll feel like a rubber band snapping you for a fraction of a second). I know some people prefer that their partner assist, but for me, the anticipation of the shot was worse than the shot itself, so I liked doing it myself.

Thanks so much for the advice Parrot tulips! I'm glad I saw your note as I wouldn't have tried my belly. But I just did it and it was super easy! I did it right below my belly button and it didn't hurt at all. The suspense was the worse part!

Missy0483

Brilliant_Rock

Hi Sugarpie! I like the name by the way! Welcome...we have plenty of room around here! :wavey:

Lizzy, I'm glad the shot wasn't so bad! That almost always seems to be the case...freaking yourself out for nothing! I do it EVERY time with needles.

sugarpie honeybun

Shiny_Rock

Thanks for the welcome, Missy.

I should probably clarify, after re-reading my post :roll: ... my son will be turning 2 in October, not 1.

Have a great day ladies!

lizzyann

Ideal_Rock

Welcome sugarpie! I have a two year old too! Keeps me busy!!

Bright, how was your temp today? I give you so much credit if you can wait to test next week. Once I hit 10po I'm itching to test!

China, happy birthday to your little guy! I am in constant amazement of my little man too so I know exactly where you are coming from. Enjoy your weekend!

MP, sending positive BFP vibes your way. Keep the faith! The good thing is that you have an appt set up so soon so that you can hopefully get some answers or reassurance that all is well.

Missy, yah the shot wasn't bad at all. The worst was watching the video to learn how to mix the medication and getting the syringes and needles all set and the actually putting in of the needle. After that it was easy!

AFM, great news! The HCG trigger is doing it's job. I got a :)) this morning. We BD'd last night so I am feeling good about that timing. IUI tomorrow morning at 9am. So my DH has to bring in his swimmers at 7am, then they wash and filter them, and then I hand carry them to my IUI. Should be interesting! I hope and pray this will work ladies!

NewEnglandLady

Ideal_Rock

Lizzy, I'm in LC's eagle pose for you! I'm glad the shot didn't hurt at all and hope that your 2WW goes by as quickly as possible.

MP, I'm sending all kinds of negative vibes to AF so that she'll stay away from you this weekend!

Good luck to all the TTCers!

stephbolt

Brilliant_Rock

You ladies have been busy! I've been checking in but not posting, so let me see if I can catch up...

Missy, ugh, sorry your one friend was a bummer to vacation with. It can be so hard to find friends that you can travel with well.

Lizzy, glad things look good with your follicles. I have everything crossed for you, hope your IUI goes well tomorrow! You are brave giving yourself a shot, I don't know if I could do that!

S&I, glad the itching is getting better. Hope your prog. numbers are good today!

MP, thinking good thoughts for you this cycle. Thank goodness your diamond fell out at such an opportune time, although what a pain that you have to get it fixed now. Hope you had a happy birthday! I am giggling at your crazy dream!

Jas, too funny that your DH is so open with his friends about TTC! Makes me wonder what my DH shares with his friends...they all have kids and are always hinting we should get to it already. I'll come see your POAS show, it sounds hilarious!

Brightspot, how's it going for you? Any plans to POAS? I use the free version of FF and like it ok, I'm not sure what you get with the VIP version that I would want...as long as I see the chart of everything and can enter my temp on my phone while half asleep I am happy. Hope your prog. numbers are good today!

amc80, time is going so fast, you'll be cruising and hopefully bringing back a souvenir in no time!

MerryMary, ugh, sorry your DH is so uncooperative! Does he understand the whole fact that there is a narrow window when it's important to get in max BD in order to get KU? Or I like Jas's idea of TTC: Call of Booty. Hide his video game controller until he puts out? Yay for O, that smiley face is so encouraging!

PPM, I've been having a similar freakout, I swear, every day I ask DH "Are you sure you want to try next month?" He always says yes, and last night he joked that I must not be sure since I keep asking. I think taking a big step like this involves a certain amount of just closing your eyes and jumping, you can never know exactly how it's going to change your life, thank goodness you get nine months to prepare, right? Good luck with the start of classes!

chinacat, Happy Birthday to O! I can remember lurking back when he was born, how is he already 2?

sugarpie, welcome! Always great to have some BTDT moms here to help us along.

AFM, not much going on here, CD7. Trying to decide when to start with the OPKs this month, last month I started on CD 10 and didn't see anything till CD17 I think? So wondering if I should wait until CD 13 or so to start this month, but don't want to miss my surge or the fun of peeing on things!

Hi to anyone I missed, hope you all are having a wonderful Friday!

monkeyprincess

Ideal_Rock

Bright, bummer about the temp drop, but it is hard to tell what is going on because you can have a secondary estrogen surge in the middle of the 2WW that brings them temp back down. How long are your LPs typically? I’m hoping your temp rebounded and went back up today! Dust to you!

Welcome Sugarpie! I was about to say you are brave for spacing your kids so closely, but then I saw you corrected yourself. Lots of ladies on here have little boys about your son’s age. Is Celexa an antidepressant? I’m obviously not a doctor, but I wouldn’t think that would delay your chances of conception because it’s not like it stays in your system long-term, and I know some ladies even stay on antidepressants while pregnant. You should ask your doctor if your concerned though.

Lizzy, you’re a brave woman! Glad the trigger shot went so well and that you were able to get your smiley this morning, and I hope the procedure goes seamlessly for you tomorrow. I want so badly for this cycle to be a success for you! Thanks for your kind words. I really hope that I’m able to start the process of determining what is keeping me from getting that elusive BFP!

NEL, thanks for checking in and for the negative AF vibes! I’ll take all the negative AF vibes I can get! Hope you are well. I saw in the other thread that you had a successful NT scan. Hurray!

Steph, it’s kind of scary actually taking the leap and starting to try even when you know you really want to. Is this just your second cycle off BC? If it is, I would probably err on the side of starting the OPKs too early because your cycle hasn’t had time to fully regulate yet, so you never know. Best wishes to you this cycle!

ChinaCat

Brilliant_Rock

Welcome Sugarpie! :wavey: I think I remember you from either the preggo thread or the newborn thread? Good luck, hope your stay is short and your BD'ing is sweet! :cheeky:

Steph & PPM- I don't think your fears *necessarily* mean you aren't ready. Obviously if you truly feel not ready, trust your instincts. But for a certain kind of a girl, and I was one of them, I was never going to feel 100% ready. It was just too huge of a change. For me, it just seemed less and less scary, and then my friends were getting preggo so it seemed doable, and then I got on board with the trying to get pregnant part, and figured I'd deal with the rest as it happened. I won't lie, my very first thought when I got a BFP was "s**t". And then "OMG I have to RAISE a CHILD". I was proud, but scared. I couldn't undo it, you know? But the thing is, you get 10 months to get used to being pregnant, and then you think you're ready for the baby (you aren't, you never will be, but you can't really be prepared you just have to dive in) and then the baby shows up and you realize you were never ever ready for THIS. But he's here and he's yours and all these instincts kick in and you just do your best. And then you wake up and your kid is TWO and you think about how your life was before and it's so different, in ways you can't imagine. But it is the BEST thing in the world. Trust me. Even if you suck at it, even if your kid never sleeps and is a terror and screams at the grocery stoe, even then you will think it is the best thing you've ever done. There is absolutely nothing like it. Anyways, just wanted to say that just because you aren't SURE yet, doesn't mean you shouldn't be going for it.

Oh, and if you aren't sure, stay away from this thread. I am convinced that the combo of my 2 best friends being preggo and "lurking" on this thread is what tricked me into getting pregnant. ;))

Lizzie- Watching this space closely for you! Sending you good dust for this cycle!

Brightspot- I am a total wait till I'm late tester. In fact, I've only taken 2 pregnancy tests my whole life. I just would rather get AF than see a negative, not sure why. Hope this time flies by and you get some GOOD news!!!

AMC- I am a total Friends quote whore. Whoever else said they think there's a Friends episode for everything, totally!!! My friends make fun of me and try to trick me, but I find one EVERY TIME. My favorite was at a BFF wedding and we were all trying to put in those weird eye drops that supposedly make the white of your eyes whiter (?????). I was being squeamish and the bride said, betcha can't find a Friends for this one. Oh yeah? Remember when Rachel hates eyedrops? Boo yah.

My all time fave Friends quote, that I use quite often on these threads is "No uterus, no opinon". :bigsmile:

S&I

Brilliant_Rock

MM, thanks for the continued sticky dust! Yay for your :)) - hope you got busy last night, as well as this weekend too!

Lizzy, glad you were able to get over the fear of sticking that needle into yourself. I'm pretty sure I couldn't do that. Even the needle that went into my vein today was painful. Yay for the HCG trigger working and BDing last night, and I hope your IUI goes well tomorrow. I have a really good feeling about this cycle for you!

Missy, still crossing my fingers that you get a positive OPK soon!

MP, the only symptoms I have are having to pee a lot, going to sleep 2-3 hours earlier than normal the past 3 nights, and I think my boobs were a little tender yesterday. No nausea so far, but I almost want a little of it just to assure myself that something is still growing in there. Hope your AF stays away over the weekend and for the next 9 months!

China, happy birthday to your little man! I love your avatar of him. Sorry about AF, but you have a great attitude about getting another month of preparing your body, wine, and BDing.

BrightSpot, I'm feeling okay - thanks for asking! I think their plan is set in stone. They already sent out email save-the-dates, even though they haven't put down any deposits yet. :confused: Oh well, I don't want them to change their date just for me anyways. I wonder if your temp was so low due to lack of sleep or something? Hope you get your progesterone results today, and find that they are normal/high!

sugarpie, welcome! :wavey: There's always room here, and the ladies on here are very knowledgeable on everything TTC-related. Good luck, and I hope your stay here is short and sweet!

steph, thanks. I don't know why, but I am not as excited to find out my numbers today as I was last week. I have this semi-irrational fear that my HCG hasn't done its doubling thing, which will pretty much mean :(( Your idea of waiting until CD13 to start the OPKs this cycle sounds like a reasonable one, but it depends on if you think your O tends to move around a lot or not. Totally understand you not wanting to miss your surge.

AFM, got my blood drawn this morning. The nurse looked at the huge bruise I have on my left arm from last Tuesday's draw and said "EWWW" :| I had to tell her it actually looks a lot better than it did last week.

ETA: amc and China, I :love: Friends. I still watch the old re-runs after work, at least until my DH comes home and asks if he can change the channel.

amc80

Ideal_Rock

ChinaCat|1313764436|2994236 said:
My all time fave Friends quote, that I use quite often on these threads is "No uterus, no opinon". :bigsmile:

My favorite quote is when Ross is telling people they need to settle down or be quiet or something, and he says something like “You’re here (while holding his hand parallel to the floor above his head) and you need to be here (lowers his hand down)." I do that all the time.

monkeyprincess

Ideal_Rock

S&I, when will you get the results of your blood tests? I really hope you don't have to wait all weekend. I can understand your apprehension, but I really hope that that your numbers are sky-high when they come back. Sticky dust!

amc80

Ideal_Rock

monkeyprincess|1313779550|2994401 said:
S&I, when will you get the results of your blood tests? I really hope you don't have to wait all weekend. I can understand your apprehension, but I really hope that that your numbers are sky-high when they come back. Sticky dust!

Ditto this!

lizzyann

Ideal_Rock

Parrot Tulips, when were you able to use a HPT after the HCG injection? From what I can tell, it is recommended to wait the full two weeks so that there is no chance for a false positive.

S&I, keep us posted on your betas!

China, thanks for the well wishes. Hoping for a BFP for you real soon!

MP, thanks lady! I am anxious and excited for tomorrow!

Steph, for me I get my LH surge anywhere from CF13-CD18, so it is possible that you could O earlier or later. Maybe try one more cycle starting OPK's on CD10 just to be on the safe side.

NEL, thank you!!!! Hope you are doing well!

AFM, I am going to consider tomorrow O day. Who is in the 2ww now? Bright, Monkey, Merry Mary? Anyone else? Come on ladies...let's put our rally caps on!!!!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results