carat
color
clarity

The Official TTC Thread!

amc80

Ideal_Rock
Re: The Official TTC Thread!

lizzyann|1313781576|2994421 said:
AFM, I am going to consider tomorrow O day. Who is in the 2ww now? Bright, Monkey, Merry Mary? Anyone else? Come on ladies...let's put our rally caps on!!!!

Well, I would be in the 2ww starting tomorrow or the next day...you know, if was TTC :)

jas

Brilliant_Rock

Hi all -- drive by post...my kids' 3rd birthday party is in 8 days and I'm kinda screwed in terms of getting everything done..

FF is moody. It gave me crosshairs two days ago...for 7 days ago...BEFORE my 2nd OPK positives. It's going solely on temps, which were only slightly lower 7 days ago. Then when I adjusted for it to use OPK, it got all huffy and asked if I REALLY wanted to use my OPK and not the "automatic" setting. Way to get offended, FF. I'm guessing you have your period and I can't even see your chart. So, I'm either on DPO7 or DPO4. I think it's DPO4.

Also, I have a giant gonzo zit forming on my chin. I'd better be KTFU, cuz I start rehearsals with a new group Saturday and I don't want to be remembered as the Zit Chick.

My boobs stopped hurting and all I can think is that I want them to hurt again. Not a lot, of course. Just enough...

Thinking of you S&I...keep us posted!

S&I

Brilliant_Rock

MP, I was still debating whether or not to call my OB's office for the results, and your post convinced me to call. So thank you!

amc, update is below. My fingers are literally shaking!

Lizzy, thanks for all of your support - it really means a lot to me!

Everyone else in the 2WW, know that I'm cheering for you and have my fingers crossed for you!

AFM, I finally got the courage to call my OB's office. They didn't have my results when I called, so the nurse said she would call the lab to see if they had my results and call me back. Luckily I only had to wait a few minutes for her to call back. She said my HCG was 1560 and my progesterone was 38.8!!! I asked her if I should continue taking the progesterone supplements, and she said it was up to me, but that they usually advise all their patients who are on them to continue until 12 weeks. Since they're not causing me any problems anymore, I guess I'll keep shoving them up there!

Hope everyone has a wonderful weekend!

lizzyann

Ideal_Rock

amc80|1313782368|2994429 said:
AFM, I am going to consider tomorrow O day. Who is in the 2ww now? Bright, Monkey, Merry Mary? Anyone else? Come on ladies...let's put our rally caps on!!!!

Well, I would be in the 2ww starting tomorrow or the next day...you know, if was TTC :)

So true! You'll be here soon!!

lizzyann

Ideal_Rock

S&I|1313783097|2994438 said:
MP, I was still debating whether or not to call my OB's office for the results, and your post convinced me to call. So thank you!

amc, update is below. My fingers are literally shaking!

Lizzy, thanks for all of your support - it really means a lot to me!

Everyone else in the 2WW, know that I'm cheering for you and have my fingers crossed for you!

AFM, I finally got the courage to call my OB's office. They didn't have my results when I called, so the nurse said she would call the lab to see if they had my results and call me back. Luckily I only had to wait a few minutes for her to call back. She said my HCG was 1560 and my progesterone was 38.8!!! I asked her if I should continue taking the progesterone supplements, and she said it was up to me, but that they usually advise all their patients who are on them to continue until 12 weeks. Since they're not causing me any problems anymore, I guess I'll keep shoving them up there!

Hope everyone has a wonderful weekend!

Yay Yay Yay S&I!!!!! Great news! Enjoy your weekend!

S&I

Brilliant_Rock

lizzyann|1313783410|2994446 said:
Yay Yay Yay S&I!!!!! Great news! Enjoy your weekend!

Thanks Lizzy! I'm sure you'll be enjoying your weekend too! :Up_to_something:

monkeyprincess

Ideal_Rock

S&I, I'm so glad my post inspired you to call because now instead of fretting all weekend, you will be CELEBRATING! So so happy for you!!! I had a good feeling you were dealing with a sticky bean! Just goes to show the early beta testing is not a good idea unless there is a particular reason to do it. All it did was make you worry for no reason. Have a great weekend!

S&I

Brilliant_Rock

jas|1313782436|2994431 said:
Hi all -- drive by post...my kids' 3rd birthday party is in 8 days and I'm kinda screwed in terms of getting everything done..

FF is moody. It gave me crosshairs two days ago...for 7 days ago...BEFORE my 2nd OPK positives. It's going solely on temps, which were only slightly lower 7 days ago. Then when I adjusted for it to use OPK, it got all huffy and asked if I REALLY wanted to use my OPK and not the "automatic" setting. Way to get offended, FF. I'm guessing you have your period and I can't even see your chart. So, I'm either on DPO7 or DPO4. I think it's DPO4.

Also, I have a giant gonzo zit forming on my chin. I'd better be KTFU, cuz I start rehearsals with a new group Saturday and I don't want to be remembered as the Zit Chick.

My boobs stopped hurting and all I can think is that I want them to hurt again. Not a lot, of course. Just enough...

Thinking of you S&I...keep us posted!

jas, sorry that FF is being so tricky with you! I broke out a little bit on my forehead area at 8DPO, so I hope your gonzo is a good sign! I would believe your OPK more than FF, so I agree that you are probably 4DPO. Can you post your chart again when you have time?

S&I

Brilliant_Rock

monkeyprincess|1313785130|2994466 said:
S&I, I'm so glad my post inspired you to call because now instead of fretting all weekend, you will be CELEBRATING! So so happy for you!!! I had a good feeling you were dealing with a sticky bean! Just goes to show the early beta testing is not a good idea unless there is a particular reason to do it. All it did was make you worry for no reason. Have a great weekend!

Thanks so much MP! I am definitely feeling much more positive now. I had no idea that my first beta test was done too early. I do agree that it caused a lot of stress that I didn't need! I know that I still have a long way to go with this whole pregnancy thing, but I feel like I've just passed a small hurdle. Next wait is for the first ultrasound and first prental appointment with the RN in 10 days! The nurse said you can usually see something when the HCG levels reach 2000, and commented that I should be well above that by then. Fingers crossed!

Hope you have a great weekend too, and I hope AF stays far far away from you!

monkeyprincess

Ideal_Rock

amc, it's not too late then :nono:

ETA: oops, I think I used the wrong smily. I meant to use the pervy looking one :Up_to_something: and not the disapproving one

Edited again: Shoot wrong again! Here he is - Mr. Pervert himself! :naughty: Yes, I'm a dork.

amc80

Ideal_Rock

monkeyprincess|1313785674|2994478 said:

amc, it's not too late then :nono:

ETA: oops, I think I used the wrong smily. I meant to use the pervy looking one :Up_to_something: and not the disapproving one

Edited again: Shoot wrong again! Here he is - Mr. Pervert himself! :naughty: Yes, I'm a dork.

Ha, I know, I know...I'm really hoping that all of my "waiting for a baby" time is being used up now and that I get preggo shortly after TTC. Because waiting really sucks. The good news is I only have one "wasted" egg left before we start in September, since I'll go on the pill in early October, get AF in mid November, and then we are there!! See, it doesn't seem quite so far away if I think of it like that :roll:

S&I Awesome news!

lliang_chi

Ideal_Rock

Lizzy, popping in to say GOOD LUCK TOMORROW!!! And then off to vacation for you!!! Make sure you have lots of fun!

S&I, hooray for great betas! I'm glad all that worrying is behind you. Hopefully it's smooth sailing from here :)

Monkey, hoping AF stays away!!

Jas, LOL that FF's being all b!tchy this week. I totally had the same relationship with FF. Happy birthday to your little ones!!!! What are you planning for them?

~LC

MerryMary

Rough_Rock

Whohoo!! My rally cap is on :saint: <--- er, well this was closest I could find :D I hope this cycle is it!!

Welcome to Sugarpie! :wavey: glad you joined the thread!

To all the other TCC Ladies - Have a great weekend!!

S&I

Brilliant_Rock

amc, yay for only 1 "wasted" eggie! Your time will be here before you know it!

Thanks LC! I too hope it's smoothER sailing from here.

jas, forgot to say Happy Birthday to your little ones!

MM, cheering for you on your 2WW as well! There seems to be a bigger group of 2WW ladies this month, so there's bound to be some BFPs soon!

BrightSpot

Ideal_Rock

Happy Friday all!

sugarpie honeybun, you know that I love you...and welcome you to the thread! :wavey: It's great to have more BTDT moms around. I hope your stay is short and sweet.

Lizzy, I'm so glad the shot was easier than expected and so excited to hear that it worked! I have such a good feeling about this IUI for you. Good luck tomorrow & let us know how it goes!
So, now that you mention it, I totally want to test! :oops:

steph, thanks for your thoughts on FF. I think the free version would probably suffice for me. There are cool extra features like pregnancy monitor & more predictive stuff on the VIP site, but I don't know that I want them enough to pay for them! I agree with you 100% about closing your eyes & jumping. I was really hesitant for a while (I'm very change resistant by nature) but at some point just stopped thinking about every possible detail & step along the way & just thought about the TTC process. I figure I'll deal with step 2 when/if we get to it. That seems like a reasonable idea to wait a bit for your OPK's unless you want more POAS fun. :wink2:

MP, I'm not really sure about my LPs. My cycles have really varied in length so I'm not sure what to expect. The calendar I've been using most estimates that AF will arrive on Tuesday. That's interesting about the estrogen surge. Thanks!
How are you feeling? Sending lots of dust your way that next week (& next 9 months!) is white pants friendly.

China, once again, thanks for the heartwarming post. Seriously, you're the best champion for motherhood, esp for somewhat hesitant TTC-ers. I'm still a little scared & it's nice to know that's an ok feeling & that we'll figure it out when the time comes.

S&I, so excited to hear your good news!!! Yay! :wavey: Now you can have a stress free weekend!
As for my temp, I slept well on the night in question, but good though. Usually I find my temp to be higher if I don't sleep well the night before (that happened with one temp this cycle, which I excluded on my chart below because I didn't sleep at all.) I'm sorry you got a bruise from your blood draw. I hate that! I think the blood lab by me does a better job than my OB's office as I got a bruise from the nurse at the OB, but not from the lab this week. It still freaks me out every time though.

jas, boo to FF's moodiness! Here's hoping you're KU--an acceptable cause of zits. (AF is not!) What are you starting rehearsals for? I'm in theater too. Happy birthday to things 1 & 2.

amc, not long for you, lady! LOL about the wasted eggs. And I love Friends too! I think about the trifle recipe often...a layer of cake, a layer of whipped cream, a layer of pudding, a layer of beef & peas, etc.

MM, has hubby been doing better lately? Did you hide his video game controller? :Up_to_something: Cheering you on!

AFM, I'm annoyed with my doc. My progesterone test results were supposed to come in today. I called at 2:45 after not hearing from them & they didn't seem to know what was going on. I told them I took the test & where the lab was (the one they recommended!) & they said they'd give the info to my doc who would call me back, but she didn't. And now it's after 5 on a Friday & the office is closed, so I guess I have to wait until Monday for any info. :angryfire:

I watched a TTC romantic comedy last night with DH called Maybe Baby (it's on netflix streaming if any of you subscribe.) It was interesting to see what couples have to go through further down the line, though no POAS humor, jas. Also cool to watch with DH so we know what to expect.

So, I'm having a huge urge to POAS. I'm probably only at 10dpo today, but felt crampy last night (I attribute it to the movie.) Also, dh & I took a spur of the moment trip to the little river town in the Poconos where we spent a lot of time when we first started dating (I was doing a show here, so we spent many romantic weekends here). It was here that he told me I was the one & I had this fantasty about telling him we were PG (when the time came) at the same location. So, now here we are & I'm having a strong urge to test. I know it's probably too soon...and I don't even know if I ovulated yet...but still....
Maybe tomorrow?
It's raining now & I hope it's nicer tomorrow!

As for my temps, here's my chart. Does it look wacky to you guys? I think FF put the coverline a bit high. I excluded the super high temp I got after my night of insomnia.

Hope everyone is off for a great weekend!
Chart%20Aug%2019.jpg

centralsquare

Ideal_Rock

Thanks for sharing your chart, BrightSpot. This is my first month off BC and charting. For some reason, FertilityFriend indicated that I should start to ovulate now but I'm only CD11. My temp went down today, so I spent the day wondering if I wasn't going to ovulate this month. But, I see your temp went down on CD11 so I feel so much better! There is a steep learning curve to this and it helps to hear from others!

amc80

Ideal_Rock

BrightSpot|1313793126|2994565 said:
amc, not long for you, lady! LOL about the wasted eggs. And I love Friends too! I think about the trifle recipe often...a layer of cake, a layer of whipped cream, a layer of pudding, a layer of beef & peas, etc.

That is my favorite episode!! OMG hilarious.

Ross: It tastes like feet!
Joey Tribbiani: Well, I like it.
Ross: Are you kidding?
Joey Tribbiani: I mean, what's not to like? Custard, good. Jam, good. Meat, good!
---------------------------
Monica: Dad, Chandler didn't melt your records, Ross did.
Jack Geller: Is that...
Monica: And Dad, you know that mailman you got fired? He didn't steal your Playboys, Ross did.
Ross: Yea, well Hurricane Gloria didn't break the porch swing, Monica did.
Monica: Ross hasn't worked at the museum for a year.
Ross: Monica and Chandler are living together!
Monica: Ross married Rachel in Vegas, and got divorced, *again*.
Phoebe: I love Jacques Cousteau.
Rachel: I wasn't supposed to put beef in the trifle.
Joey: I wanna gooooo!
Judy Geller: That's a lot of information to get in thirty seconds.

(Sorry to any of you who aren't Friends fanatics...but really, you should be!)

As for your chart- I'm no expert, but based on your temps, I think you O'd on CD 19, not 20. That would also result in a lower cover line....just a thought.

amc80

Ideal_Rock

centralsquare|1313797315|2994613 said:
Thanks for sharing your chart, BrightSpot. This is my first month off BC and charting. For some reason, FertilityFriend indicated that I should start to ovulate now but I'm only CD11. My temp went down today, so I spent the day wondering if I wasn't going to ovulate this month. But, I see your temp went down on CD11 so I feel so much better! There is a steep learning curve to this and it helps to hear from others!

FF gets confused sometimes. This is my chart from last month- it tried to tell me I O'd CD11 as well, which I knew was basically impossible seeing how my LP is always 14 days and the shortest cycle I've ever had is 27 days. It took a few more days of temps for the crosshairs to go away.

july chart.JPG

centralsquare

Ideal_Rock

Thanks amc. I can't tell you how comforting it is to see other ladies' charts. Esp to see that your temp fluctuates. I was a bit worried when it went down!

S&I

Brilliant_Rock

BrightSpot, thanks! My veins are pretty small and hard to find at times, so I'm used to being slapped around when I get blood drawn. You should have seen the baseball-sized bruise I had after attempting to donate blood in high school! It was ridiculous. Looking at your chart, I would think that you Oed on CD19 instead of CD20, like amc said. That would put your coverline closer to 97.6 instead. But you had another day of positive OPK on CD20, so who knows? I wonder why a lot of your temps are open circles. Can you try switching from the Advanced to the FAM method to see if anything changes? Using the default Advanced method, FF put my O date on CD14, but it moved it to CD15 if I switched it to the FAM method. So sorry about your OB office not getting your results to you today!

centralsquare, post your chart if you'd like more eyes to help you decipher it!

amc, I love that - "it tastes like feet!" :lol: I read your post from my phone while I was watching a Friends rerun. I told you I watch it a lot!

PilsnPinkysMom

Brilliant_Rock

Missy: Oy! Thanks for correcting my CD/DPO comment. You were correct. I have preggo brain and I’m not even pregnant. Any sign of O yet?

S&I: Glad to see you still catching up over here, but I also noted you posted on the JBP thread. I’m still so, so happy for you!! WOOHOO for great bloodwork!

Merry: That is one glorious smiley face. Hope you got all the BD action mentioned in your post. Your DH is probably thrilled!

Lizzy: You are superwoman for giving yourself the trigger shot (as is any other woman who did that). I’m not needle shy, but the anticipation of the injection would drive me batty. Glad it wasn’t painful!

China: Your post made me misty eyed… Your love for your babe just radiates from it, and your advice is comforting. I appreciate your honesty re: your reaction to the positive HPT. I think I’m one of those women who will never jump for joy with a BFP. I will probably have a silent freak-out, maybe even cry, but get excited over time.

Bright: How is the over-analysis going? Your chart looks fine to me… maybe the CL is high, but your temps are consistently high afterward… O on day 19 seems about right. That being said, I’m not a chart expert. I suck at the FF chart-analysis game. You are so thorough and thoughtful in your responses to people’s posts on this thread- it’s very nice/sweet of you. I teach social studies- 6th, 7th and 9th grade.

Sugarpie: HI! Love the name! Hope your stay here is short and sweet and that your LO will have a new sibling ASAP.

Steph: I’m glad you can relate to the TTC-worries/hesitation. DH feels the same way. He was gung-ho until I had a minor freak out. Now he’s afraid that I’m not really ready. Did you decide to use the OPKs? It stinks to waste ‘em by starting testing early… but… if you enjoy POAS is it really a waste? Not to mention, what if you have an abnormally early O day? (HEY! It could happen!! …Maybe you shouldn’t take advice from a POAS addict)

Jas: FF needs to get over it. Thank goodness for OPKs and other methods of charting O, ‘cause more and more it seems temps can be way off. Or… FF can be way off, I guess. Hope your kiddos have a fab birthday.

AMC: SO CLOSE TO TTC!! Eee!

AFM: I had a super-duper strong positive OPK this AM (5:20) and another positive at 5:30 PM. I bet the surge will pass by morning. I’m hoping for a temp shift tomorrow. Time to seduce DH. If he refuses my advances I will be grumpy but will just have to deal.

Thanks for the school well-wishes! Ah! I’m totally in LOVE with my crazy, loud, fun students. This is actually my second year at this school, but first year with my own classroom. I’m on cloud nine- it will be an awesome school year! There are two pregnant women completing graduate internships at my school, too. Maybe something is in the water?

S&I

Brilliant_Rock

centralsquare|1313798712|2994637 said:
Thanks amc. I can't tell you how comforting it is to see other ladies' charts. Esp to see that your temp fluctuates. I was a bit worried when it went down!

centralsquare, you may be experiencing an ovulation dip. Tomorrow's temp will probably help to determine whether you actually Oed on CD11 or not. Also, some people have wonky cycles after coming off BCP, so that could be it too. Just keep charting, and hopefully you'll be able to see a clearer picture soon. Any more luck on the OPKs?

PPM, thanks lady! Yeah, I started posting in the JBP thread, but I think a lot of the ladies just jumped to the other thread, so it's a little lonely over there. There's so much more action over here, so I can't tear myself away just yet. Ooh, I hope you can seduce your DH tonight. Your OPKs sound exactly the same as how mine faded in this cycle, so maybe you'll end up with the same result that I had! Woohoo, another 2WW to add to the list tomorrow!

BrightSpot

Ideal_Rock

centralsquare, it's definitely a learning curve & sometimes can take a while for things to return to normal after going off hbc. Do you want to post your chart so you can get a few more eye to read it? It's really reassuring to get a second (or 12th!?) opinion! As for mine, I switched to a bbt thermometer on CD6 (from a regular digital, hence the lower temp) & got up 3 hours earlier than usual on CD11, so my data isn't as scientific as I'd like. :???: How are you liking the opk's? Hopefully O will come soon!

amc, I adore that you posted the Friends dialog from the trifle episode! I was laughing so hard! Thanks or the chart read. I was thinking CD 19 too for O. What does FF know anyway? Thanks for sharing your chart. Seeing lots of these helps put things in perspective!

S&I, you poor thing! I hope they get better at taking your blood, especially since you'll have to have it done for the next 9 months! Thanks for the chart read. Technically, my OPK's weren't really positives, just the darkest lines I had. :devil: Maybe I'll futz around the with chart settings later. I'm so glad you haven't left us!

PPM--over-analysis? On it! Thanks for your sweet comment. Sometimes it takes me so long to post because I don't want to miss anyone! I have to have 2 windows going... I'm so glad you had a great first day with your new class! How exciting! (That can sometimes be a tough age, so even better than your kids are so great!) Here's hoping there's something in the water at your school. If so, can you send me a bottle? :wink2:

AFM, my doc called me this evening. She said my progesterone level was 7.5. Apparently over a 5 means ovulation, but a level of 10+ would've been better. So, I guess it's a mixed bit of news? She wanted me to call her when I got AF so she could analyze further.

hawaiianorangetree

Ideal_Rock

Wow ladies! Your postings put me to shame. I haven't even been able to keep up with the reading this week! :sick:

Steph - 31 days is not too shabby at all! Glad to see that it was pretty 'normal' for you. I wish I had been monitoring when I first came off HBC. It would have saved me $$ on the pregnancy tests that obviously weren't needed.

Missy - sorry to hear that the vacation wasn't quite what you hoped for, but at least you had some great family time! I'm not sure how I would go on holidays with any of my friends! Hmm I should probably think about that since we have been talking about all going to Bali for our 35th birthdays.

Lizzyann - I hope you are having a fun :naughty: weekend! Yay for the 3 follies, I hope at least one ripens and releases for you! Where are you going on holidays?

S&I - oh my what a roller coaster you have been on these past couple of weeks! So glad to read that it looks like everything is ok now. Here in AU they don't do any blood draws or monitoring early on so I am only familiar with what I have read here on PS.

MP - how is the 2ww going? I laughed at your dream! That is very crazy. I won't think about ordering coffee in the same way again :) I was also walking around the house this morning singing " I POAS and I liked it" catchy :)

LC - when the kitchen is done I plan to start a thread! It's been like, 2 years in the making so I think it deserves one :cheeky: we are one step closer to deciding what the splash back will be, it's like a blue/silver swirl/whirlpool design, we are just trying to settle on the finishing touches now.

Jas - glad the boys were feeling better in time for their birthdays! I only buy 'workhorses' much to my husbands disgust, but I think with my new found status he didn't mind so much this time. I splurged and got white, tan and black. They are very boring but god they are comfortable. I have a drawer full of the fancy stuff and I never wear any of it. I LOVE the new show name. It could really take off. I mean, if menopause the musical was a hit...

Bright - (ok, I have to say this, every time I go to write your name I think of the acronym and then think, oh I can't put that! Ha ha) is the progesterone testing a part of finding out what's going on? I laughed at the "my leg is itchy, am I pregnant?" comment. Fingers crossed you are!

Ctek - yay for the EWCM! That's a great sign that everything is functioning as it should be. I found when I was pregnant with my DD that my chest size didn't really change, it was nothing noticeable anyway, especially compared to the change in my belly! I've found that (anecdotally of course!) my friends on the larger size boob wise didn't grow as much in comparison to those on the smaller side. So you
might be lucky and not change too much when you are preggers.

Merry - has your DH come to the party yet? Love the smiley face!

PPM - I think it's completely normal to feel that way. You are young, you have plenty of time to make your decision and if you feel like you both need to wait a few more months thats ok. Hugs to you. I'm sure you will both figure it out soon. I loved that you came back to clear up your grammar mistake. Your and you're along with their, there and they're are favorites of mine. Eta: I just read what china wrote and I ditto that too, except I woke up and my baby is 11. :-o Etax2 just saw you are going to jump your DH, good luck!

China - happy birthday to your kiddo! Sorry about AF, but yeah, wine for another month is never a bad thing.

Sugar - welcome! Good luck for your perfect world spring baby, I hope you get it!

Hi to everyone else!

AFM: well AF took 8 days (yeah you read right!) to finally take off. DH was acting like he had his throat cut by the end of it. I'm on CD 11 and yesterday I cracked out the OPKs. I've got this little set up in my laundry cupboard with the sticks and stick notes etc, I'm enjoying the new ritual so far even though there's nothing to show on the sticks yet. They are so narrow they are like a matchstick width. I asked my daughter in an email if she was still keep to be a big sister since we hadn't really spoken about it over the last few months, this was her response.. "um, hello girl where are you living? Planet NO way, well I'm living on planet COME ON LET'S DO IT. Just to let you know my new name is Big Sis coming your way" oh I have no idea what she meant but it made me laugh! :bigsmile:

BrightSpot

Ideal_Rock

HOT, that's funny. I thought of that re: abbreviating my user name. I love hearing stories about your DD. She sounds like a hoot! Glad AF is *finally* on its way out & hope O is on its way in!

AFM, 10-11dpo. I broke down & POAS this morning--BFN. Oh well.

Hope everyone's having a great weekend!

monkeyprincess

Ideal_Rock

Jas, happy early birthday to your boys! What are you doing for their party? I bet you have something creative planned! TTC is just crazy really – you spend half of each month wishing and hoping for cramping and sore boobs and all sorts of other unpleasant things.

Lizzy, I hope your procedure went well this morning. BFP dust to you this cycle! You should feel confident knowing that you have done everything you can! I can’t remember when you said you were leaving for your vacation, but I hope you have a great time and can keep your mind off of the 2WW!

MM, hope your 2WW is off to a good start and you got in some well-timed BD!

Bright, sorry to hear your progesterone was on the low side, but at least you know you ovulated. I suspect I may have low progesterone as well for a variety of reasons, and I’m really looking forward to getting the ball rolling on figuring out what might be causing it. As far as your chart, I agree with you and the others that it would make a lot more sense if O happened a day earlier. I’m guessing your CM and OPK results confused it. So, what did your temp do today? Still hoping for the best for you! And enjoy your weekend with our DH. That's so great that you guys have a special romantic place.

HOT, 8 days? That’s horrible! I hope you are able to see a positive OPK soon!

PPM, congrats on a great start to your new school year! School starts so early these days! I hope your seduction was successful last night. One thing I was going to mention is that your temp most likely will not shift until tomorrow (unless you meant you were hoping for a temp dip today?) because O usually happens around 36 hours after the LH surge, and your temp usually doesn’t shift until the day after O. I hope the timing works out for you!

centralsquare

Ideal_Rock

S&I|1313799357|2994643 said:
centralsquare, you may be experiencing an ovulation dip. Tomorrow's temp will probably help to determine whether you actually Oed on CD11 or not. Also, some people have wonky cycles after coming off BCP, so that could be it too. Just keep charting, and hopefully you'll be able to see a clearer picture soon. Any more luck on the OPKs?

Today the temp went up a bit...I'll try to figure out how to post the chart!!

centralsquare

Ideal_Rock

Thanks, Bright and S&I, for offering to read my chart. Here it is!

FF0820.php.png

PilsnPinkysMom

Brilliant_Rock

Just venting...

Operation seduction was an epic failure. I asked very casually, he outright refused and then proceeded to chastise me for my inability to make up my mind about "what I want to do." I simply said, "This is a HUGE decision and I'm sorry that I've upset you. I can tell that right now you just want to scold me and make me feel bad. So I'm done." I stood up from the table and went to my office to work for a while.

I was surprised I kept my cool- he has never belittled me or talked down to me in that way before.

He eventually sought me out, apologized profusely, and then wanted to "talk". (But really, just go around in circles) In a nutshell he told me that originally he wanted to wait until 2012, then decided it would be good to try NOW, was hurt and sad when I told him I was nervous about trying, and then ultimately decided (again) that we should wait until 2012. I do understand part of his rationale: Neither of us are 100% comfortable with the decision to try. I attempted to explain that I will NEVER feel 100% comfortable with TTC, and will always have some feelings of nervousness and anxiety.

The other reasons he wants to wait include planning a trip to Western Europe this spring ( :rolleyes: ) and concerns about my job security. He fears it is unprofessional to become pregnant after only being at the school for two years, and that they wouldn't want to keep me on through the 2012-13 school year. Maybe he is right. I love my school and want to stay there for as long as possible, but we do not need my salary to live comfortably. He would resent me, though, if I did not have a job next year.

And so, he wants to try next fall. But only the fall. Only for two months. So that I'd have a baby during the summer and not be "that" teacher that leaves in the middle of the school year. :rolleyes: I was fine with only trying for two-three months THIS fall, but by next fall I know that if I "only" have those two months to TTC and it does not happen, I will be heartbroken.

Bottom line: We are totally not on the same page. The last thing I want to do is have a child with someone who clearly does not want to have one, and who is more concerned with travel plans than starting a family. I'm sure my feelings of hurt, anger, and resentment are obvious right now. I absolutely hate how I'm feeling, and hate even more that our run-in last night makes me want to avoid being close to him and definitely avoid having sex with him. It will take a little while for me to "get over it," but I hope I come around sooner than later.

It is beyond clear that now is a terrible time for us to TTC. I'm just a bit shocked, as I thought we were emotionally/financially/logistically prepared and that he was excited about the prospect. Now I feel like he was lying about it the whole time just to appease me, or something.

Blah. Sorry for rambling. Thanks for "listening." I hope ALL OF YOU have graduated from this thread onto the Preggo thread by the time I return!

centralsquare

Ideal_Rock

Seems that he is not yet ready, or not yet comfortable with the develop of nervousness that one feels when they make that decision. I'm so sorry! Maybe wait until the emotions die down and have another conversation? I think it's fair to share your feelings about not wanting to be close to him. He needs to know how his behavior impacts you. Only then, you may be able to have a conversation to move things forward. Hang in there! Tough times often lead to better times!!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results