carat
color
clarity

The Official TTC Thread!

amc80

Ideal_Rock
Re: The Official TTC Thread!

lizzyann|1314233638|2998715 said:
AMC, your so excited! I hope it happens fast for you when you start TTC so you don't have to go thru months of ups and downs like some of us have. It is exhausting but so worth it in the end. One thing regarding your honeymoon, do you plan on drinking? Usually when I am in my 2ww I stop drinking alcohol to be on the safe side. Will that affect your vacation at all?

I'm not a big drinker at all...total light weight...as in 3 sips in to a glass of wine I can feel it. We will have mimosas (yum!) and bloodymarys (yuck) at the wedding...but I'll probably have maybe 1 or 2. I think on the last cruise I maybe averaged one drink per day. It's really not a big deal to me. Plus if there were to be any heavier drinking it would be toward the beginning of the cruise...I'm guessing that by the time potential baby would implant we will be more into laying by the pool and drinking water.

Question- how many of you have limited caffeine while TTC? I read that it can affect your fallopian tubes in such a way as to prohibit proper carrying of the egg down to the ute. For me, the effects of caffeine are 95% psychosomatic anyway, so switching to decaf lattes and/or diet coke isn't a big deal...just wondering how strict I need to be. Ugh, I'm going to miss diet coke when I'm pregnant.

Oh, we are almost out of our gummy multi-vitimins at home, and my fiance mentioned we need to go to costco to get some. I told him I needed to go to Target instead because we are three months out and it's time to switch to pre-natals...and costco doesn't carry gummy prenatals. I remember when we got engaged, thinking that in August I would need to start taking them...and it's almost September!

stephbolt

Brilliant_Rock

amc80|1314288036|2999269 said:
Question- how many of you have limited caffeine while TTC? I read that it can affect your fallopian tubes in such a way as to prohibit proper carrying of the egg down to the ute. For me, the effects of caffeine are 95% psychosomatic anyway, so switching to decaf lattes and/or diet coke isn't a big deal...just wondering how strict I need to be. Ugh, I'm going to miss diet coke when I'm pregnant.

I have been trying so hard to cut back! I'm down to a mug and a half at work the last few weeks (from more like 3 cups a day a few months ago). I'm thinking after I get AF in mid-September I will go to one cup/day, and that should be well within safe limits for pregnancy.

amc80

Ideal_Rock

stephb0lt|1314289686|2999291 said:

I have been trying so hard to cut back! I'm down to a mug and a half at work the last few weeks (from more like 3 cups a day a few months ago). I'm thinking after I get AF in mid-September I will go to one cup/day, and that should be well within safe limits for pregnancy.

I'm totally fine with decaf...I drink lattes and diet coke because I like the taste. But I don't want to drink diet coke when I'm preggo, even if it's decaf...there's just too much artificial crap in it, you know? Maybe I'll have one a week or something. I don't drink, smoke, do drugs (um, obviously), I eat healthy and I work out...diet coke is my one vice.

stephbolt

Brilliant_Rock

amc80|1314290034|2999294 said:

I'm totally fine with decaf...I drink lattes and diet coke because I like the taste. But I don't want to drink diet coke when I'm preggo, even if it's decaf...there's just too much artificial crap in it, you know? Maybe I'll have one a week or something. I don't drink, smoke, do drugs (um, obviously), I eat healthy and I work out...diet coke is my one vice.

I think decaf coffee is a no-no during pregnancy due to the chemicals used in the decaffeination process, but maybe one of the BTDT moms can comment on what their Dr. told them about that.

amc80

Ideal_Rock

stephb0lt|1314290356|2999300 said:
amc80|1314290034|2999294 said:

I think decaf coffee is a no-no during pregnancy due to the chemicals used in the decaffeination process, but maybe one of the BTDT moms can comment on what their Dr. told them about that.

I had never heard of this...so I googled- http://healthychild.org/blog/comments/get_answers_bad_chemicals_in_decaf_coffee_tea/

JGator

Brilliant_Rock

AMC, I cut back to 1 cup of coffee per day while TTC. I haven''t had any since I got the BFP on Monday. Hopefully, I can keep it up. I have read that one cup a day is fine, but I just don't want to eat or drink anything that I would potentially blame myself for later if anything goes wrong in the pregnancy - at least in the first trimester.

S&I, I am feeling fine so far. Really no symptoms. Earlier in the week, I felt some really faint cramping, but no other symptoms yet.

AFM, I think this will feel more real after my first doctor appointment next Friday. Then, we go away to New Orleans for the weekend. Does anyone know if you can have charbroiled oysters while pregnant? My DH and I love them from Acme and Drago's in New Orleans. I have read conflicting things - no oysters, no raw oysters, and it's okay as long as they are cooked. Let me know if you all have heard anything.

amc80

Ideal_Rock

JGator|1314291394|2999323 said:
AMC, I cut back to 1 cup of coffee per day while TTC. I haven''t had any since I got the BFP on Monday. Hopefully, I can keep it up. I have read that one cup a day is fine, but I just don't want to eat or drink anything that I would potentially blame myself for later if anything goes wrong in the pregnancy - at least in the first trimester.

S&I, I am feeling fine so far. Really no symptoms. Earlier in the week, I felt some really faint cramping, but no other symptoms yet.

AFM, I think this will feel more real after my first doctor appointment next Friday. Then, we go away to New Orleans for the weekend. Does anyone know if you can have charbroiled oysters while pregnant? My DH and I love them from Acme and Drago's in New Orleans. I have read conflicting things - no oysters, no raw oysters, and it's okay as long as they are cooked. Let me know if you all have heard anything.

I think you're fine as long as they are fully cooked.

monkeyprincess

Ideal_Rock

amc, I've taken an approach of everything in moderation while TTC. I've never been a big drinker and do not drink coffee, but I have an occasional drink and diet coke. I try to avoid caffeine the week of ovulation because I don't want it to dehydrate me. I think any studies that have been done with caffeine have shown there are adverse effects during pregnancy when you are drinking more than like 300 mgs, so you'd have to be drinking a lot of Dt. Coke to get to that. Same thing with artificial sweeteners. One a day or a few a week shouldn't hurt anything. One thing I am thinking about doing is going on a low carb diet. I don't want to lose any weight, but I am definitely a carb addict, and I could definitely cut back on sugar!

amc80

Ideal_Rock

monkeyprincess|1314295122|2999375 said:
amc, I've taken an approach of everything in moderation while TTC. I've never been a big drinker and do not drink coffee, but I have an occasional drink and diet coke. I try to avoid caffeine the week of ovulation because I don't want it to dehydrate me. I think any studies that have been done with caffeine have shown there are adverse effects during pregnancy when you are drinking more than like 300 mgs, so you'd have to be drinking a lot of Dt. Coke to get to that. Same thing with artificial sweeteners. One a day or a few a week shouldn't hurt anything. One thing I am thinking about doing is going on a low carb diet. I don't want to lose any weight, but I am definitely a carb addict, and I could definitely cut back on sugar!

Totally agree with this. Oh, and luckily I'm already on a low carb diet. Well, not luckily, but you know what I mean. The easiest way for me to lose weight is to not eat bread products or sugary stuff. So basically if it contains flour or refined sugar, I don't eat it. I'm not crazy about it...I mean my McDonald's Southwestern Chicken Salad has sugar in the dressing and tortilla strips on top, and I still eat it. But it's amazing how much better I feel already, and I'm only on day 4.

S&I

Brilliant_Rock

amc, I forgot when I stopped drinking coffee, but it was at least a year or so before our wedding last year. I quit coffee and tea pretty much cold turkey, because I'm just extreme like that. I also stopped alcohol - I'm sort of allergic to it anyways, so I never had more than a couple sips before I would turn completely red and my fingers and toes would start swelling. I also stopped HBC on our honeymoon in October, and we started "not avoiding" around January or February. I guess my reasoning was just that I wanted my body to be at its most balanced and chemical-free as possible by the time we started trying.

JGator, I think you should be fine as long as the oysters are cooked. But you might want to call your doctor and ask too. How far along will you be at your first doctor appointment next Friday?

BrightSpot

Ideal_Rock

JGator, my OB started running tests (progesterone, CD3 blood now & HSG & SA for DH for next month) at my first appointment (I went in after not conceiving after 6 months). I'm surprised yours wanted to wait a year, though glad that none of this was necessary! Sending you continued sticky dust! I guess I'll see what happens with the blood work & go from there. I'll ask her if I should meet with a RE. It's funny--I really like her & almost feel guilty about wanting to see someone else. (I know that's silly..)
Enjoy your trip to New Orleans! DH & I went earlier this year. The Acme oysters sound amazing! As long as they're fully cooked, you should be fine. Too bad you can't enjoy a hurricane with them!

Thanks for the reassurance about the lack symptoms during your 2WW. I went a little overboard last month looking for symptoms & I don't think it was helpful. :rolleyes:

Lizzy, thanks for chiming in on whether or not to go to a RE soon. I guess I'll see what the CD3 tests reveal (should have news on Friday) before taking the next step. I'm really worried something is wrong, but I guess having the information is better than not having it.
I can totally imagine how much stuff is necessary to travel with a LO. I'm already a heavy packer! Good luck getting ready to go & enjoy your vacation! Hoping the bloating & cramps are good news! I'm glad you're enjoying the acupuncture. Do they have to put the needles in your ears? :errrr:

MP, I'll talk with my OB about the RE situation. I hope your appointment goes well & you can get started with testing soon. When I was calling around to book my DH's SA, I ran into a lot of docs that weren't covered by (any?) insurance. The standard workup for a SA was running pretty consistently at $360. (I'm in NYC) So not awful, but it could add up pretty quickly.
You have very consistent cycle lengths & temp patterns (when you were temping), right? I would think that would be a good sign. Did you find the mucinex helpful for CM?
I'm totally a carb addict too! (and I have a sweet tooth). I've been thinking about making some dietary changes as well, but am not quite there yet.

CS, ditto to all the ladies who thought you O'd on Tuesday. What a temp spike! Sending you lots of dust for your 2WW!

S&I, thanks for the reassurance on the HSG for next month. That's true that it might be good to have the CD3 test results in hand before the next step anyway. I'm glad to hear you're feeling well & hope the nausea hasn't really started yet. Sounds like you did a lot of great things before TTC. It definitely paid off! :wink2:

amc, thanks for bringing up the caffeine thing. I'm a total diet coke addict too, but it's my primary vice as well (I'm a (reasonably) healthy eater, light drinker like you, work out regularly, non smoker). The only time I occasionally run into trouble with an open bar (gotta get my value!) :nono: When I talked to my OB about diet coke, she said there wasn't enough caffeine in there to pose a problem either during TTC or PG. I think the sweeteners are probably ok, but that might be a more personal thing. If I ever get KU, I think I'll cut down to one a day on the DC. I love that McDonalds salad too!

AFM, it looks like the hurricane has postponed our leave time for vacation until Monday. Hopefully that will be the only adverse effect! I'm trying to decide if I should try to schedule my HSG test for Monday morning before we leave for vacation or not. I'd like to get it done this month, but also read it can cause a lot of cramping & bleeding for several days, so not sure I want to burden myself with that on vacation.

monkeyprincess

Ideal_Rock

Bright, thanks for the info on the SA costs. Not that bad I guess. While I don’t mind spending a few thousands dollars to rule things out or pinpoint the problem, you are correct that it could add up REALLY quickly if we need to do any procedures or have a lot of ultrasounds. For a variety of reasons, including financial ones, IVF and most likely IUI are out of the question, so I pray we can make a baby the old-fashioned way of (maybe with a little help from meds). Sorry your trip was delayed, but I’m glad you will still be going. I don’t know much about HSGs, but if I were you, I would not want to deal with potential cramping and bleeding on vacation. You deserve to have a carefree getaway. I’m not sure what I think about the mucinex. I seem to get a little bit of EWCM on my own, and I did not notice much more this past cycle when I was using it. I will say it definitely would not hurt to give it a try. Just make sure you drink lots of water if you do because it makes you really thirsty and kind of gives you dry mouth.

JGator, it will probably take awhile for it to feel real. Oysters aren’t a mercury concern, so enjoy your cooked oysters when you go to N.O.

Steph, your coffee plan sounds just right. As someone who is taking a little longer to get pregnant than expected, I would advise not to completely restrict yourself. I went a little overboard at first, and it obviously didn’t make a difference.

S&I, I hope that m/s stays away for you. Maybe just enough symptoms to assure you are pregnant, but no more! I’m hoping my OB is like yours and is willing to run the first line of tests and prescribe meds. I would prefer not to have to go to an RE because when you have no fertility coverage, that pretty much rules out anything an RE would do!

Missy and Hot, are you in the 2WW yet?
Jas, Lizzy, PPM, CS, and anyone else I missed, BFP dust to you!

JGator

Brilliant_Rock

MP, AMC, and S&I thanks for the re-assurances on the charbroiled oysters. Looking forward to at least enjoying the oysters since I'll have to miss out on the Hurricanes this time around.

Bright, I used to live in NYC until last year. I think you are in the perfect place for any medical testing/help you might need - they have so many great doctors in the city. Also, in my fertility research I heard that CRMI (ivf.org) is outstanding for fertility assistance, and people go there from all over the country - they are affiliated with NY Presbyterian/Cornell. Check out Blushing_B's posts on page 301 from June 2009. Apparently nycbkgirl went there too and recommended them highly to Blushing. I also felt a little guilty for scheduling the RE appointment behind my OBGYN's back, but I felt like she must have forgotten how old I am when she said it's normal to wait a year.

For anyone out there who doesn't notice a lot of CM, I recommend trying the robitussin/mucinex and grapefruit juice the week of your expected O this cycle. I didn't notice a difference externally, but that's the only thing I did differently this cycle so maybe internally it helped. Make sure you get the robitussin or genreric version without any letters after it - you just want Guaifenesin and no other active ingredients or it could dry you out - it should just be an expectorant. I took 1 or 2 pills a day and probably 2-3 glasses of grapefruit juice a day also.

JGator

Brilliant_Rock

S&I - I will be 5 weeks and 5 days based on the date of my last period when I see the doctor for my first visit. I definitely ovulated between CD 16 (FF) and CD 18 (PriceScope friend opinions) so it will technically be a few days less than that. What do they do at the first appointment - just take blood? I don't think they will do an ultrasound that early.

amc80

Ideal_Rock

[quote="JGator|1314309735|2999628"For anyone out there who doesn't notice a lot of CM, I recommend trying the robitussin/mucinex and grapefruit juice the week of your expected O this cycle. [/quote]

How much CM do you need?

**TMI ALERT**

Some months I have almost no noticible CM (see/feel it when I wipe), other months I have more (can see it hanging down when I go to the bathroom). I never have it to the point to where it gets on my undies or anything. But I also drink a ton of water and go to the bathroom a lot, so it's possible it just doesn't have a chance to build up. How much do you really need?

sugarpie honeybun

Shiny_Rock

amc80|1314314378|2999692 said:
[quote="JGator|1314309735|2999628"For anyone out there who doesn't notice a lot of CM, I recommend trying the robitussin/mucinex and grapefruit juice the week of your expected O this cycle.

How much CM do you need?

**TMI ALERT**

Some months I have almost no noticible CM (see/feel it when I wipe), other months I have more (can see it hanging down when I go to the bathroom). I never have it to the point to where it gets on my undies or anything. But I also drink a ton of water and go to the bathroom a lot, so it's possible it just doesn't have a chance to build up. How much do you really need?[/quote]

Hi Amc - not exactly sure how much CM is needed, but have you considered using PreSeed during the "drier" months?

centralsquare

Ideal_Rock

amc80|1314314378|2999692 said:
[quote="JGator|1314309735|2999628"For anyone out there who doesn't notice a lot of CM, I recommend trying the robitussin/mucinex and grapefruit juice the week of your expected O this cycle.

How much CM do you need?

**TMI ALERT**

Some months I have almost no noticible CM (see/feel it when I wipe), other months I have more (can see it hanging down when I go to the bathroom). I never have it to the point to where it gets on my undies or anything. But I also drink a ton of water and go to the bathroom a lot, so it's possible it just doesn't have a chance to build up. How much do you really need?[/quote]

Thanks for posting this...I too am not really sure what I should be looking for and whether it's "normal"

Missy0483

Brilliant_Rock

monkeyprincess|1314306470|2999590 said:
Missy and Hot, are you in the 2WW yet?

I don't know! :confused: I stopped using my OPKs for this cycle, just waiting to see what happens. They were giving me a hard time so rather then getting mad at them, I'll wait til next cycle. Hopefully I just missed catching the surge on the OPKs and I still O'd. Last cycle when I caught my surge, it was negative again after 5 hours, so I'm hoping that was the case here. Just wishing for a BFP or that AF shows on time and doesn't make me wait here wondering what's going on :))

As for the CM thing...I NEVER get that much AMC, as in it never just hangs there haha. If anything mine is more internal (starting to think I haven't seen real EWCM yet, just a little wet), except when it is really creamy, I notice that when I wipe and in my undies also. I have been using Pre-seed though. I really like it, it doesn't get that gross sticky feeling like regular lube does.

Anyone been keeping up with the Hurricane news? Do you have anyone in the direct path of the storm here? I think we might get some heavy rain and wind here in South Central PA but I don't think it'll be anything too bad.

monkeyprincess

Ideal_Rock

Missy and amc, I've googled this issue before and plenty of people have said they got KU with little or no noticeable EWCM, so I don't think copious amounts are necessary. Or at least I hope so. I had very little CM of any kind for the first three months off BC, and since then I've had some, but I too only notice it when I check internally. Missy, you haven't been off BC long, so you might notice more EWCM after a few months. I seem to remember having more CM in general before going on BC, but I was also in my earlier twenties then, so it is either the BC damaged the crypts somewhat or it might just be that I'm getting older. Anyway, I do think that if you are able to find some when you check internally, that means that you have EWCM where it counts.

NewEnglandLady

Ideal_Rock

The only month I had EWCM was the month I came off of birth control (oddly enough) and I was sort of worried that I never seemed to have fertile CM. I remember reading in TCOYF that sperm may only live up to 2 hours without fertile CM, so I sort of (unnecessarily) freaked out about our BD timing. I remember trying to figure out a way to get our BD session in within hours of me Oing. Which didn't happen. And you know what? We got pregnant without too much of a problem, so next time around I'm not going to worry about the EWCM so much.

centralsquare

Ideal_Rock

Thanks MonkeyPrincess and NewEnglandLady for sharing your thoughts on CM. It's one of those things that I don't quite know what to look for or what to make what I see. It's great to hear your experiences post-BC. I'm in my first month after stopping BC so it's good to know that maybe I just haven't geared up completely yet.

S&I

Brilliant_Rock

BrightSpot, sorry about your delayed vacation plans, but at least you still get to go! One of my friends had cramping the day of her HSG and a fever that evening too. So I'd suggest you just wait until you get back to schedule it. Nothing like cramps and a fever to ruin your vacation!

JGator, that might be a little too early to see anything on an ultrasound, but they will probably do all that major blood tests and a pap smear if you're due to have one soon, as well as an exam. I'll let you know how my first appointment goes on Monday so we can compare.

Missy, sorry that you had trouble pinpointing O this cycle. Are you thinking about temping next cycle? How much longer do you have to wait for AF to show up, if she's going to show up?

Re: EWCM, I didn't have all that much this cycle. I think the closest I got was sticky that resembled EW, but not actual EWCM that I've had in the past. Just try to remember that where you need it is internal and the stuff that comes out is extra. ;))

MerryMary

Rough_Rock

Hi Ladies, I just wanted to jump in here and say a quick hi! I have been lurking but work has been busy and I am trying to get all my ducks in a row before I leave on my vacation for England on Wednesday. DH is a little freaked about Irene messing up our travel plans since we are connecting through Philidelphia on our way over to Manchester England. Missy I hope you are OK and don't experience much damage.

I am currently sitting at 8DPO and don't plan to test until Tuesday morning (11DPO), AF is supposed to show a week from today if she is going to. I have had about the same type and frequency of twinges and mini-cramps that I had last month when I was BFN, so I am trying not to read too much into them this month. Doesn't keep me from hoping though. :rolleyes:

I have also tried to watch my caffeine intake and take the mindset of all things in moderation during my TWW. During the past week I have only had one cup a day of coffee and then try to drink a cup of decaf tea in the afternoon (i haven't clicked on the linky above but does decaf tea have the same chemical processing as decaf coffee?) Eeek! I have stopped drinking the crappy coffee served at my office and found that the Starbucks VIA packets are much tastier. I figure that if I'm only having one cup of day I'm going to ENJOY it darn it!! :lol: Caffiene doesn't effect me too much generally but I really want to try and be preggo this month, but like Monkey mentioned I don't want to stop drinking it and then NOT be preggo.

Sorry about the me-centric post. I will try and check in this weekend to say Hi individually!

Rally caps on :saint: for all my co-TWWers!!!

Missy0483

Brilliant_Rock

S&I|1314373230|3000289 said:
BrightSpot, sorry about your delayed vacation plans, but at least you still get to go! One of my friends had cramping the day of her HSG and a fever that evening too. So I'd suggest you just wait until you get back to schedule it. Nothing like cramps and a fever to ruin your vacation!

JGator, that might be a little too early to see anything on an ultrasound, but they will probably do all that major blood tests and a pap smear if you're due to have one soon, as well as an exam. I'll let you know how my first appointment goes on Monday so we can compare.

Missy, sorry that you had trouble pinpointing O this cycle. Are you thinking about temping next cycle? How much longer do you have to wait for AF to show up, if she's going to show up?

Re: EWCM, I didn't have all that much this cycle. I think the closest I got was sticky that resembled EW, but not actual EWCM that I've had in the past. Just try to remember that where you need it is internal and the stuff that comes out is extra. ;))

I keep jumping back and forth on whether or not to start temping. I think I want to, but DH will probably think I'm nuts and being a little OCD about it all. We originally planned to justgo with the flow and see what happens and not stress about it unless we have to later on. We'll see!! I expect AF around the beginning of the month Sept 1 -3 or so. I haven't had any more cramping like I do before I O, so if I didn't originally O the first time it doesn't seem like I'm gearing up to try to O again if that makes sense.

MP - You're right, I haven't been off BC for long so I'm not worried about CM yet. I've been using Preseed just in case.

Merry - Just caught your post as I was getting ready to submit mine. Not too much longer for you now! I hope it turns out well for you! Also, I hope everything goes smoothly for your trip and you don't get caught in any bad weather.

amc80

Ideal_Rock

Thanks to everyone for your input on EWCM.
monkeyprincess said:
I seem to remember having more CM in general before going on BC, but I was also in my earlier twenties then, so it is either the BC damaged the crypts somewhat or it might just be that I'm getting older.

This is my exact thought as well. I used to have tons of it (before I even knew what it was). But then I went on the pill off and on. It's been 6 years since I first went on it and there's way less. Of those 6 years, I've only been on the pill (or the ring, which I used for a while) for maybe 3 years...so I'm inclined to think it's more the whole "getting older" thing.

I guess I won't worry about it. It's definitely there, I just sometimes have to *ahem* go searching for it. I've heard of some gals using real egg whites as a replacement, but that completely grosses me out. Seems like a bacterial infection waiting to happen.

Oh, and I got my crosshairs today. My temps have been weird this cycle, higher overall than usual. Maybe my metabolism is cranking up a little with all the damn working out?

Clairitek

Ideal_Rock

Hello! TGIF!

MM- I hope you enjoy your trip to England. Have you every been before? My dad's side is from there and I've gone quite a lot and am actually headed there for the first two weeks of October for work. I hope Irene doesn't mess with your plans!
ETA: Holy cow I totally forgot that you're in your 2WW! Fingers cross super hard for Tuesday when you test!

BS- Sorry that your vacation is delayed. Tricky decision about whether or not to do the HSG now or later. Honestly, if I were in your shoes I have no idea what I would do. You could be totally fine afterwards or be saddled with the remnants of the test for days. No matter what I wish you an awesome vacation!

CS- Your temp shift looks awesome on that chart!

AMC- Are you going to bring charts to your pre-TTC appointment? I totally printed out my one decent chart for my annual appointment earlier this month. The doctor was pretty receptive to my input and hearing what I had learned since going off of BC through charting and OPKs.

JGator- Congrats on your BFP!

jas- Hmm those are some promising sounding symptoms you're having! Here's hoping it's your month!

Missy- Sorry about the frustration with the OPKs!
ETA: In regards to temping, I personally like the OPKs more. I've gotten a clear temp shift once out of 3 temped cycles. I find that I am just not that good at it and that anything to drink the night before really hikes up my temp and can fake out FF when it comes to determining O-day.

MP- So sorry about your BFN and AF's arrival.

Hello Lizzy! Still thinking about you lady!

Steph- A month until I see you! A month until you start TTC!!!

AFM- Welp... another somewhat short LP for me (8-9 days depending on if you count O day or not, last month was about the same). I had a positive OPK on CD18 (a Sunday), faded by the next day. I never got cross-hairs because my temping was pretty erratic after that. I'm going to go ahead and assume I O'd since I had the EWCM, too. I'm on CD3 right now. I really, really hope this is still my body working out the kinks from long term use of HBCs. I lamented to DH about my short LP and explained how I thought it could affect the TTC process and maybe make it difficult for a fertilized bean to stick. At first he said, "Well you just came off of HBC!" and then followed it up with, "But I can see how this would worry you." Made me smile to hear him say that. Bodes well for my mental health when we are trying and having to face any possible issues. My AF has gone back to pre-HBC levels. I suppose that's good and it means I'm building up a decent amount of lining.

Last month's chart. I think I O'd on CD19, day after my positive OPK. Too bad I had something to drink on Saturday night (so it artifically inflated Sunday's temp) and I forgot to temp on Monday morning.

chart.jpg

amc80

Ideal_Rock

Clairitek|1314379302|3000412 said:
AMC- Are you going to bring charts to your pre-TTC appointment? I totally printed out my one decent chart for my annual appointment earlier this month. The doctor was pretty receptive to my input and hearing what I had learned since going off of BC through charting and OPKs.

Yep, all of them :) And I'm going to print out pictures of my OPK progression and see if she's concerned by how freakin' dark my lines are. I'm sure she won't be, since I'm obviously ovulating. I've also got a list of questions to ask her. I have a post-it on my desk and write down questions as they come to mind. I'll share this with you guys as it gets closer to the appointment, and see if you anyone has additional questions I should ask.

Your chart is...choppy? If you disregarded your temp on CD15 it would give you a coverline and crosshairs (I think).

Clairitek

Ideal_Rock

amc80|1314380524|3000438 said:
Clairitek|1314379302|3000412 said:

Yep, all of them :) And I'm going to print out pictures of my OPK progression and see if she's concerned by how freakin' dark my lines are. I'm sure she won't be, since I'm obviously ovulating. I've also got a list of questions to ask her. I have a post-it on my desk and write down questions as they come to mind. I'll share this with you guys as it gets closer to the appointment, and see if you anyone has additional questions I should ask.

Your chart is...choppy? If you disregarded your temp on CD15 it would give you a coverline and crosshairs (I think).

I tried doing that! FF is stingy with those cross-hairs. I also disregarded the temps before and after CD15 and still nothing! Heh. Oh well. I'm going to just concentrate on getting this AF this cycle. I had some of the most eye-crossing, terrible painful cramps a little bit after I posted earlier today. I was thisclose to leaving work because of it. Thankfully ibuprofen kicked in and I feel like a new person right now. I was sitting there dealing with them thinking, "How am I EVER going to deal with labor if I can't even handle THIS!?!?"

S&I

Brilliant_Rock

Missy, well I guess I will keep my fingers crossed that you'll either get AF or have that BFP by the end of next week, so you don't have to wonder about O! It's a tough choice about temping if you think it will freak your DH out. I had been temping even while on HBC, so my DH was already used to it. He would even ask me my temp each morning if my thermometer's beeping happened to wake him up that morning.

amc, your doctor isn't going to know what hit her at your first appointment! That's great that you're going to bring all your data. I could tell just by talking to my OB that she either didn't understand charting or just didn't care about it because she would just nod and not say much whenever I would talk about my temps. That just made me want to get my BFP without any help from her, so I could show her what was up! :lol:

Clairitek, I wanted to suggest that you switch from ibuprofen to Tylenol for your cramps because you can't take ibuprofen/aspirin while pregnant or breast-feeding anyways. I used to pop Advil like candy for every period cramp or headache in the past, but I switched over to Tylenol right before we tried this cycle. So sorry that FF is being so stingy with the crosshairs, but your temps do look a bit all over the place. I hope next cycle's chart is easier to decipher!

ETA: Mary, fingers crossed for you - so close to testing!

Hope everyone has a great weekend!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results