shape
carat
color
clarity

The two week club!

Natylad

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am expecting a marquise diamond to be delivered to me today!!! :kiss2: I'm super excited and i have specific plans for it but i can't put them at work until i return from my summer vacation!

Natylad

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Alright. So I received the diamond and it's so pretty, I'm sure I've never seen anything like it before. I thought that receiving it would make me feel very happy and excited but now I'm stressed out and bummed because I can't wear her on my finger yet!!!
The photos don't do her justice AT ALL!!!

AirBrush_20240725070946.jpg

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Alright. So I received the diamond and it's so pretty, I'm sure I've never seen anything like it before. I thought that receiving it would make me feel very happy and excited but now I'm stressed out and bummed because I can't wear her on my finger yet!!!

First Wowee zowee! My jaw literally went “thud” and hit the floor when I scrolled and saw this. What are the specs? It is huge.

And second I feel your pain so acutely. I have a suite of five loose diamonds for a five-stone ring and I also feel pangs of stress and frustration that I cannot wear them! Waiting is the worst.

ItsMainelyYou

Ideal_Rock

Yeahbut, now we can talk about what you're going to doooooo.:love:

Natylad

Ideal_Rock
Premium
First Wowee zowee! My jaw literally went “thud” and hit the floor when I scrolled and saw this. What are the specs? It is huge.

And second I feel your pain so acutely. I have a suite of five loose diamonds for a five-stone ring and I also feel pangs of stress and frustration that I cannot wear them! Waiting is the worst.

Hello @Dreamer_D ! I am very much aware of the fact that you are in a similar position!!! I'm literally considering taking her with me on vacation (unset obviously) just so that i can have the pleasure of looking at her daily!
Her specs are: 2.86 carats, VVS2, F, Ex, no fluorescence. I was considering a bigger marquise brilliant at 3.01 ct but it was an H color and VS2 clarity. When i saw them one next to the other, i realized that based on the dimensions of the 3.01 ct, there was no significant difference on how big they faced up but there was a significant difference in color, clarity and overall brilliance and crispiness of the diamonds. The smaller one was so much better, it blew my mind away. It really outsparkles my H&A RB diamond.
For reference, i wear a size 5!

Natylad

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yeahbut, now we can talk about what you're going to doooooo.:love:

Indeed we can @ItsMainelyYou !!! I know that i want her set in a ring, so that i can be able to look a her all the time and enjoy her beauty! I haven't made yp my mind yet on whether i want her set E-W or N-S. I need to think about it.
My thoughts are all over the place regarding the style of the setting. From one hand, i'm thinking that a diamond like this should be set in a simple setting, which will not distract from its beauty. Onthe other hand, i'm getting some crazy ideas about the most intricate styles! I guess i have the entire August to make up my mind about it!!!

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hello @Dreamer_D ! I am very much aware of the fact that you are in a similar position!!! I'm literally considering taking her with me on vacation (unset obviously) just so that i can have the pleasure of looking at her daily!
Her specs are: 2.86 carats, VVS2, F, Ex, no fluorescence. I was considering a bigger marquise brilliant at 3.01 ct but it was an H color and VS2 clarity. When i saw them one next to the other, i realized that based on the dimensions of the 3.01 ct, there was no significant difference on how big they faced up but there was a significant difference in color, clarity and overall brilliance and crispiness of the diamonds. The smaller one was so much better, it blew my mind away. It really outsparkles my H&A RB diamond.
For reference, i wear a size 5!

Marquise have such tremendous spread, this one being “smaller” is hardly a problem and being better cut and whiter are definitely a bonus. It looks huge but also well proportioned on your finger.

I would like to see a picture of your collection to rings so I can envision how this might fit into the existing family of jewels!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Stunning!!! Where did you find this baby????

Natylad

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Marquise have such tremendous spread, this one being “smaller” is hardly a problem and being better cut and whiter are definitely a bonus. It looks huge but also well proportioned on your finger.

I would like to see a picture of your collection to rings so I can envision how this might fit into the existing family of jewels!

I will take a family photo of all my rings during the weekend and post it!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My jeweler had it brought in for me to examine it and see how I like it!

Awesome! We don't see many marquise (sadly) here--glad you ae taking the plunge!

Natylad

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Awesome! We don't see many marquise (sadly) here--glad you ae taking the plunge!

They are amazing stones. They sparkle a lot and they have character. I also like that they face up big for their size and the fact that they are not very popular is a bonus for me, because i love wearing pieces that are different and reflect my personality.
Due to the fact that they are not very popular, it is hard to find them according to your personal specifications and it might take time and effort. Nevertheless, it is all worth it! I am delighted to own this beauty!

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Dear @Dreamer_D , as promised, here is a family photo of (most of) my rings...

20240726_194705.jpg

Gorgeous! I see classic pieces and some vintage or vintage style. You could do a simple or ornate setting and both would fit!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results