shape
carat
color
clarity

Need quick thoughts on 3.1 carat Old Mine

This is so exciting! Congrats! Also you have the most beautiful fingers so you will wear it so well.

Thank you for all of your help! I feel like you get lots of the credit and the blame :lol: I don't think I'll have it to wear for a few months but I'll definitely post it when the time comes!

Just tell your partner that if he is one of those losers who gets the ring then waits months and months to propose while you suffer, then we will come for him.

And I’m glad you were able to see it in different lighting and really get to know the color. I love stones in that range they are super moody and responsive to lighting and they show so many colors from the environment! It will be so fun when you get to wear her every day and really get to know her. And the cut! Argh. So jealous.

As for photos haha I almost had to get a new phone to take pretty pictures. I think someone suggested the Samsung S24. Lol while you're waiting for your ring you could look at a new phone in anticipation hahahaha.

IT WAS US!

We went to see it again and I just couldn't stop staring. My partner said he was totally set after seeing it and how I looked at it.

Great news!!! So it is the one!!!
I'm really happy for you and I can't wait to see the final result!!!

OMG it's so beautiful on you! CONGRATS on your dream stone! :)

I just had to come back here again and tell you I’m so happy you went with this stone. It’s absolutely beautiful- the artist who cut this truly loved what he did, the talent just blows me away. I wish I could find another one he cut! They should have marked them with their name somehow, lol!

Ahhhh…. So happy someone grabbed her who will love and appreciate her for all she is ❤️

Haha I bet we're wanting thousands of photos but alas we have to wait for n2j to get engaged lol. I keep thinking this is the spirit of the rockytalky forum and I really miss this! I hope more people come to ask for advice and opinions on stones they're considering.

Geez-just catching up!

Haha @newtojewels congrats! When you know, you know!

Can’t wait to see A LOT more pics. Feel free to spam us before she goes to get her new dress!

Last edited:
I've been following this thread and EXCITED that you bought the diamond! Woohoo! Like everyone else, pls post pictures when you receive the ring : )

Congrats on the upcoming engagement!

Thank you so much!

This is so exciting! Congrats! Also you have the most beautiful fingers so you will wear it so well.

That's so kind! I used to feel pretty self conscious of my big hands but everyone here is always so nice about them! And big hands justify big diamonds, right?

Just tell your partner that if he is one of those losers who gets the ring then waits months and months to propose while you suffer, then we will come for him.

And I’m glad you were able to see it in different lighting and really get to know the color. I love stones in that range they are super moody and responsive to lighting and they show so many colors from the environment! It will be so fun when you get to wear her every day and really get to know her. And the cut! Argh. So jealous.

We're both pushing it off a bit for external factors! Probably spring to summer, so you all will need to be patient!

As for photos haha I almost had to get a new phone to take pretty pictures. I think someone suggested the Samsung S24. Lol while you're waiting for your ring you could look at a new phone in anticipation hahahaha.

I just got a new phone this spring! But he has a a reasonably nice camera so I'll make him take photos with that. He was originally scared to touch the ring but got into it once we had a loupe. I feel like he might have fun with it!

Great news!!! So it is the one!!!
I'm really happy for you and I can't wait to see the final result!!!

Thank you!

OMG it's so beautiful on you! CONGRATS on your dream stone! :)

Thank you! I hope one of yours calls you too and that you get it before I get mine so I can live vicariously!

I just had to come back here again and tell you I’m so happy you went with this stone. It’s absolutely beautiful- the artist who cut this truly loved what he did, the talent just blows me away. I wish I could find another one he cut! They should have marked them with their name somehow, lol!

Ahhhh…. So happy someone grabbed her who will love and appreciate her for all she is ❤️

Thank you! :kiss2: I wish I knew more about the history of it. Maybe Brazilian with the age? Maven Lane said late 1700s, @Dreamer_D thinks later. Regardless, imagine the story!

Haha I bet we're wanting thousands of photos but alas we have to wait for n2j to get engaged lol. I keep thinking this is the spirit of the rockytalky forum and I really miss this! I hope more people come to ask for advice and opinions on stones they're considering.

I hope they do too! I always loved reading the long threads and am glad to be part of one myself!

Geez-just catching up!

Haha @newtojewels congrats! When you know, you know!

Can’t wait to see A LOT more pics. Feel free to spam us before she goes to get her new dress!

I definitely will! Thank you for all of your help!

So happy for you @newtojewels! Such an exciting time ahead :dance:

Thank you! :kiss2:

@newtojewels Love this for my macro shots!

IMG_7416.png

Ah great idea! I'll definitely do some research on the best options for my phone!

Thank you so much!

That's so kind! I used to feel pretty self conscious of my big hands but everyone here is always so nice about them! And big hands justify big diamonds, right?

We're both pushing it off a bit for external factors! Probably spring to summer, so you all will need to be patient!

I just got a new phone this spring! But he has a a reasonably nice camera so I'll make him take photos with that. He was originally scared to touch the ring but got into it once we had a loupe. I feel like he might have fun with it!

Thank you!

Thank you! I hope one of yours calls you too and that you get it before I get mine so I can live vicariously!

Thank you! :kiss2: I wish I knew more about the history of it. Maybe Brazilian with the age? Maven Lane said late 1700s, @Dreamer_D thinks later. Regardless, imagine the story!

I hope they do too! I always loved reading the long threads and am glad to be part of one myself!

Ah great idea! I'll definitely do some research on the best options for my phone!

You've got great hands.

Thank you so much!

Thank you!

I also have one of those and sometimes I also just hold my loupe up and use it. That works best for super duper close shots.

I suppose I will forgive you though as an old married lady who has lost all sense of romance and ritual, I want you to wear the ring the second it is ready so you can enjoy it. Then announce the engagement t whenever he heck you want (because really there are no rules anymore). But I suppose I will forgive you if you give us lots of pictures.

I finally got my video to upload! My partner says it doesn't do the stone justice and he's probably less biased than I am, but here you go!

She's the perfect size on your hand! I'm glad you didn't go smaller. Sometimes I find that the video and photography colours differ. I'm glad you got another set of eyes that agree with you. These old cuts are hard to photograph.

Haha in the meantime you can give her a name like most PS'ers lol.

She's the perfect size on your hand! I'm glad you didn't go smaller. Sometimes I find that the video and photography colours differ. I'm glad you got another set of eyes that agree with you. These old cuts are hard to photograph.

Haha in the meantime you can give her a name like most PS'ers lol.

Oh, good idea! The first thing that popped into my head was Georgiana for Georgiana Darcy from Pride and Prejudice plus Georgian era.... Does anyone here have a Georgiana yet?

I finally got my video to upload! My partner says it doesn't do the stone justice and he's probably less biased than I am, but here you go!

Gorgeous faceting! You’ve really got to judge these old cuts with your own eyes. They can be so hard to fully capture in pics and vids!

Oh, good idea! The first thing that popped into my head was Georgiana for Georgiana Darcy from Pride and Prejudice plus Georgian era.... Does anyone here have a Georgiana yet?

Aww that's perfect! Georgiana it is. I don't think there's another G on PS yet. Love it!

I kinda do… she’s due this coming May though ❤️

Georgiana was our name we had picked for our kiddo if he would have been a girl, so I had planned on naming our first diamond Georgiana, Little G for short.

Late to the game but huge congrats on the stone, @newtojewels! She is one big beauty. So excited for you and your soon-to-be fiancé :kiss2:

Congratulations all around!!!

Congrats on your new diamond! Can’t wait to see it set and in your hand!

GET 3 FREE HCA RESULTS JOIN THE FORUM. ASK FOR HELP