shape
carat
color
clarity

Somebody's Gotta Buy This Piece!

Anyone have inclination to give me 20k??? Lol

Baby Rings! There is a moonstone one and the engraved floral one is a 4 1/2 so maybe someone here can wear it:

92E18E75-052C-4EB3-9BBB-7463A598D9C0.png

Crown of light (credit to @lovedogs for identify the cut) Looks pretty.

Last edited:
Guys, when I tell you I looked and looked for a yellow old cut (in a setting that could be reasonably sized up) and couldn’t find anything even close to this, it is no joke. Anyways, I’m not convinced that the setting isn’t a repro, but if that doesn’t bother you then….

definitely crown of light, I recognize the setting :)

Thank you! I was able to edit my original post thankfully so someone doesn’t get confused.

Guys, when I tell you I looked and looked for a yellow old cut (in a setting that could be reasonably sized up) and couldn’t find anything even close to this, it is no joke. Anyways, I’m not convinced that the setting isn’t a repro, but if that doesn’t bother you then….

Look at that puffy crown!!

Anyone looking for a 3ct Tiffany soli for $32k? Same seller on eBay …. But I don’t know, something feels off with the setting, like it’s not authentic t&c? Like the prongs aren’t “swoopy” enough??? And I thought the lowest Tiffany went with their solitaire’s was an “I”

Of course you find it after you already bought lol. BUT not GIA and it looks brownish; wonder if it would really get the fancy designation.

Of course you find it after you already bought lol. BUT not GIA and it looks brownish; wonder if it would really get the fancy designation.

Maybe, yellows are so hard to judge. That’s why I focused on GIA certed ones, takes the guess work out.

Anyone looking for a Transitional? @lovedogs what do you think of this one???

Here’s a couple videos …

Last edited:
I’m realizing that 99% of what I post here is a ring o_O

Have to try to make more of an effort to post other forms of jewelry otherwise this thread might as well be called “Somebody’s Gotta Buy This Ring“ :lol-2:

Last edited:
@Mreader can I get your thoughts on the transitional I posted here a little bit ago… “asking for a friend” :lol-2:

@Mreader can I get your thoughts on the transitional I posted here a little bit ago… “asking for a friend” :lol-2:

It’s not speaking to me like the one from Exquisite Jewelers that you posted a while back. I can’t even explain why, though. It may be just at the video is not as good. I’m not good with analyzing cuts, and so you’re gonna have to ask @lovedogs for that info!!

It’s not speaking to me like the one from Exquisite Jewelers that you posted a while back. I can’t even explain why, though. It may be just at the video is not as good. I’m not good with analyzing cuts, and so you’re gonna have to ask @lovedogs for that info!!

Thank you!!! I’m not great either with looking at them, all I see is pretty/sparkley lol! I’ll wait for lovedogs! Ya… the one in Exquisite Jewelers is soooo pretty, I’m curious to hear which one she likes better too!

Lots of nice Victorian, Edwardian, etc. rings on this British site, including this one:

For ladies or gents with a size 4.75 finger. Seller is accepting offers.

s-l1600.png

Here’s a couple videos …

Not sure why, but this one doesn't appeal to me as much as the previous one you posted.

Not sure why, but this one doesn't appeal to me as much as the previous one you posted.

Ok, thank you! I trust your eyes much more than mine when looking at old cuts. The great search continues! It’s ok, the longer I look the more I save, the more I have to play with! Lol!

Here’s a couple videos …

Ok I think I figured out why I like rje exquisite jewels one better. On this one (tobi gem), I keep seeing this optical illusion of a "hole" in the middle, whereas in the exquisite jewels one I just see quilty facets. So I think it's how all of the proportions work together that makes me prefer the one vs rhe other

Ok I think I figured out why I like rje exquisite jewels one better. On this one (tobi gem), I keep seeing this optical illusion of a "hole" in the middle, whereas in the exquisite jewels one I just see quilty facets. So I think it's how all of the proportions work together that makes me prefer the one vs rhe other

Oooooo, I can see EXACTLY what you are talking about! Yes, I see a hole too! It’s so weird how old cuts are sooo different, like fingerprints!

I’m slowly figuring out what I prefer. My eyes seem to prefer a Traditional with a quilt pattern, and a oec “hybrid”- an oec with OMC facets minus the middle flower

Color- K/L
Clarity- VVS-VS1, possibly SI1 if it’s really eye clean.
Size- close too 10mm

The Exquisite Jewels is nearly perfect, the only thing holding me back on that one is the diamond looks warmer than a K in the video vs pics.

Pics here…

Video here….

Last edited:
Oooooo, I can see EXACTLY what you are talking about! Yes, I see a hole too! It’s so weird how old cuts are sooo different, like fingerprints!

I’m slowly figuring out what I prefer. My eyes seem to prefer a Traditional with a quilt pattern, and a oec “hybrid”- an oec with OMC facets minus the middle flower

Color- K/L
Clarity- VVS-VS1, possibly SI1 if it’s really eye clean.
Size- close too 10mm

The Exquisite Jewels is nearly perfect, the only thing holding me back on that one is the diamond looks warmer than a K in the video vs pics.

Pics here…

Video here….

If GIA graded it a K then I think it’s a true K. It’s stunning.

Keep meaning to post this, found it when I was looking for a yellow diamond ring. It does seem a bit pricey but I know Victor Barbone is not cheap to begin with:

And just realized I posted yet another ring, apparently I am a one-trick pony lol!

$499 4.5 Michael B Lace Band (may be inspired, signature blurry)

s-l1600.jpg

GET 3 FREE HCA RESULTS JOIN THE FORUM. ASK FOR HELP