shape
carat
color
clarity

The LIW Small Talk Thread

Any tips on staying motivated in a boring, so-easy-a-trained-monkey-could-do-it, dead-end job with no chance for a raise?

Date: 2/17/2010 9:42:52 AM
Author: Hudson_Hawk

Date: 2/17/2010 9:40:58 AM
Author: elledizzy5

Date: 2/17/2010 9:38:49 AM

Author: TheBigT

Elle, I was so happy to see that J took you out and treated you right last night!

Men sometimes don''t understand our need to be treated like a princess...even on dumb Hallmark holidays. But hopefully he understands now that it matters to you!
1.gif

Thanks! I didn''t even have to cry! But I was close!

Yeah, I think he gets it now. I hated to have to lecture him (via my 11 year old niece) into being romantic, but in the end... we had a really nice dinner and I got some chocolate covered fruit, and we both really enjoyed ourselves.

Hopefully he makes a habit of this.

And did you remember to give him positive reinforcement?
That was hard to do when he came home and jumped on xbox live.
20.gif
3.gif

Date: 2/17/2010 9:43:51 AM

Elle, I was so happy to see that J took you out and treated you right last night!

Men sometimes don''t understand our need to be treated like a princess...even on dumb Hallmark holidays. But hopefully he understands now that it matters to you!
1.gif

Yeah, I think he gets it now. I hated to have to lecture him (via my 11 year old niece) into being romantic, but in the end... we had a really nice dinner and I got some chocolate covered fruit, and we both really enjoyed ourselves.

20.gif
3.gif
That was not a euphemism.

Date: 2/17/2010 9:44:32 AM

1.gif

20.gif
3.gif

Thanks for the clarification. I wasn''t sure if that was some new sex toy or something.

Date: 2/17/2010 9:44:32 AM

1.gif

20.gif
3.gif
Bwahahaha!

Date: 2/17/2010 9:43:13 AM
Any tips on staying motivated in a boring, so-easy-a-trained-monkey-could-do-it, dead-end job with no chance for a raise?
Yeah, it''s a proven fact that people who hate their jobs are happier when they have satisfying hobbies/interests outside of work!

It smells like ass in my office and it''s not mine.

Date: 2/17/2010 9:52:07 AM
It smells like ass in my office and it''s not mine.
Oops, sorry.
15.gif

it smells like someone is microwaving turkey (sandwich meat) which makes me gag on a good day. So I''m REALLY gagging now!

Date: 2/17/2010 9:50:40 AM

Yeah, it''s a proven fact that people who hate their jobs are happier when they have satisfying hobbies/interests outside of work!
Does watching TV count?
41.gif

Date: 2/17/2010 9:55:39 AM
it smells like someone is microwaving turkey (sandwich meat) which makes me gag on a good day. So I''m REALLY gagging now!
OMG that is disgusting.

Is it true that pregnant women are not supposed to eat lunch meat?
If so, you should go find the culprit and tell them the airborne particles of turkey are harming your unborn child.

Date: 2/17/2010 9:55:44 AM

Does watching TV count?
41.gif
I dunno - - how satisfying is it?!
31.gif

Date: 2/17/2010 10:00:14 AM

Date: 2/17/2010 9:55:44 AM

Does watching TV count?
41.gif
I dunno - - how satisfying is it?!
31.gif
I like it!

Date: 2/17/2010 9:59:30 AM

it smells like someone is microwaving turkey (sandwich meat) which makes me gag on a good day. So I'm REALLY gagging now!
Is it true that pregnant women are not supposed to eat lunch meat?
If so, you should go find the culprit and tell them the airborne particles of turkey are harming your unborn child.
Arent preggos supposed to microwave lunch meat?

Sick.

Lunch meat can be a vehicle for listeria, which lives on cold food. You're supposed to microwave it for 30 seconds before eating it and only get it from good places with high turn over. I'm not a huge fan of the stuff (other than roast beef) so it's sort of a non-issue for me. I think in a work setting lunch meat is the biggest give away that a woman is pregnant. To my knowledge I'm the only one currently in this condition.

Date: 2/17/2010 10:02:36 AM
Lunch meat can be a vehicle for listeria, which lives on cold food. You're supposed to microwave it for 30 seconds before eating it and only get it from good places with high turn over.
Ohhhhhhhhh. Well, in that case, don't use my line about the airborne turkey particles.

ETA: Go find the other pregnant woman and threaten to "out" her if she doesn't stop making you gag!
2.gif

BTW, last night TJ looked at me and goes "wow, you''re really starting to show!" Um...yea, I''ve got bloat that makes me look 6 months along. Thanks f***er.

Date: 2/17/2010 10:05:09 AM
BTW, last night TJ looked at me and goes ''wow, you''re really starting to show!'' Um...yea, I''ve got bloat that makes me look 6 months along. Thanks f***er.
LOL.

Pretty soon it''ll be all baby! Can''t wait!!
36.gif

Date: 2/17/2010 10:06:17 AM
Date: 2/17/2010 10:05:09 AM

BTW, last night TJ looked at me and goes ''wow, you''re really starting to show!'' Um...yea, I''ve got bloat that makes me look 6 months along. Thanks f***er.

LOL.

Pretty soon it''ll be all baby! Can''t wait!!
36.gif
And then we''ll get weekly belly pics. Right?!
2.gif

Morning loves.

I have a f***ing cold for real now...
14.gif
I feel like complaining, so let me:

As soon as I walk in the door everyone''s in a tizzy because they have a webcast scheduled and don''t know how to sign in - LOVE working with 60-70-somethings that barely know how to turn on a computer. I know, that may be insensitive, but right now, I don''t care
11.gif
. Then I get the oldest of the bunch asking me if I could contact ''Oxford'' to see if our department can buy 100 presentation folders at the same price he got them from the dollar store
20.gif
I love the guy but he comes up with the most ridiculous s**t!!!!!!!! Then my boss is about to rip someone''s head off because she is overworked and overtired.

It''s only 10AM and I''m already exhausted.

Well I''m doing monthly shots until the third trimester. Then I''ll do weekly. I have to upload my 8 wk picture, it''s at home on the computer.

Date: 2/17/2010 10:19:30 AM
Author: Bia
Morning loves.

I have a f***ing cold for real now...
14.gif
I feel like complaining, so let me:

As soon as I walk in the door everyone''s in a tizzy because they have a webcast scheduled and don''t know how to sign in - LOVE working with 60-70-somethings that barely know how to turn on a computer. I know, that may be insensitive, but right now, I don''t care
11.gif
. Then I get the oldest of the bunch asking me if I could contact ''Oxford'' to see if our department can buy 100 presentation folders at the same price he got them from the dollar store
20.gif
I love the guy but he comes up with the most ridiculous s**t!!!!!!!! Then my boss is about to rip someone''s head off because she is overworked and overtired.

It''s only 10AM and I''m already exhausted.
*hugs* wife!!

I totally know what you mean about the older generations getting super flustered and confused about technology. Its irritating, even on my most patient of days.

Sorry you''re feeling crappy B. How can we cheer you up?

I want to plan a vintage hollywood party for J''s birthday.

Formal attire only!

Oooh fun!

Date: 2/17/2010 8:23:05 AM
Oh dear Sunster, you need to have your lady parts checked out pronto!
Yes, they are still malfunctioning!

Morning everyone! Still catching up...

Morning sunny!

Morning sunny''s vasheesh!

Date: 2/17/2010 10:25:16 AM

Formal attire only!
YES YES! L
30.gif
VE this idea! My best friend and I have always wanted to throw a "Jay Gatsby" party.
9.gif
Same kind of idea.

A doesn''t really do bdays. They never really made a big deal of them growing up. So he doesn''t really want celebrations, etc. Plus his bday is always close to Thanksgiving, so we''re in Kansas City anyway...

Date: 2/17/2010 10:25:16 AM

Formal attire only!
ooooh...FUN!!!!!!!

I would love to go to this
36.gif
I always want to do the costume party thing but I never do.

GET 3 FREE HCA RESULTS JOIN THE FORUM. ASK FOR HELP